Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanE

What I find interesting is the tanks seem to move like you wold expect...very heavy machines.  Even in GTOS, the tanks seem to trundle and labor across the ground.  In CM WW2 games, tanks seem very light in the way they move.  Just my impressions.

Asid

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 02, 2016, 08:17:00 PM
I hope it runs well.  GTOS can bog down on my PC if I'm playing with a large number of units.
It does run well on older machines. They have lots of options to tweak the graphics. "Limit battle radius" etc.

My machine is "older"  ::) I have no trouble running the Graviteam titles and I have them all.

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Quote from: RyanE on March 02, 2016, 08:29:00 PM
What I find interesting is the tanks seem to move like you wold expect...very heavy machines.  Even in GTOS, the tanks seem to trundle and labor across the ground.  In CM WW2 games, tanks seem very light in the way they move.  Just my impressions.
Graviteam model over 6 different surface to track friction values. The tanks do feel like they have weight. They have a good physics engine.

Regards
War in Pieces

jomni

Quote from: RyanE on March 02, 2016, 08:29:00 PM

Well it's a same engine used for Graviteam Tank Sim after all.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jomni

-budd-

Thx, for $35 i'll be picking this up on the 5th. Its 43 so the German infantry should have a chance against armor in this one. Here's a question can you tow the guns yet?

Asid

War in Pieces

jomni

sandman2575

Quote from: -budd- on March 02, 2016, 10:00:47 PM
Its 43 so the German infantry should have a chance against armor in this one.

One hopes -- this is definitely an area where Mius Front could afford to improve on its predecessor. In Op Star, infantry (esp. Wehrmacht) were almost completely helpless against armor, even when entrenched or in confined quarters (like forest). This is an area where it falls down in the realism department. In CMx2, you would be a fool to attack entrenched / well defended infantry with armor alone, unsupported by your own infantry.  In GTOS Op Star, the Soviet infantry is well kitted-out with the surprisingly effective anti-tank rifle (effective against light armor / halftracks, but also the Mk IIIs and IVs to some extent). German infantry has a couple useless Panzerbuchsen and AT grenades. A couple of T-34s will wreak complete havoc on Wehr troops not backed up by AT guns or supporting armor.

Was the Panzerfaust around in mid-43?

-budd-

Quote from: sandman2575 on March 02, 2016, 10:48:53 PM
Quote from: -budd- on March 02, 2016, 10:00:47 PM
Its 43 so the German infantry should have a chance against armor in this one.

Was the Panzerfaust around in mid-43?

Yup if memory serves. Dont remember when in 43 lets hope its not late 43 ;)

Pete Dero

Someone received a game key early and posted this first look (with a focus on the UI ) :

sandman2575

Quote from: Asid on March 02, 2016, 10:26:07 PM

Graviteam Tactics Mius Front - Screenshots

Courtesy of Real and Simulated Wars

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/graviteam-tactics-mius-front-screenshots.html?m=1

Wait, I see screenshots of Tigers (!!) -- didn't realize they would be in the OOB for Mius Front.  Imagine they're just available in quick battles rather than the campaign -- ?

Pete Dero

Quote from: sandman2575 on March 03, 2016, 09:11:20 AM
Quote from: Asid on March 02, 2016, 10:26:07 PM

Graviteam Tactics Mius Front - Screenshots

Courtesy of Real and Simulated Wars

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/graviteam-tactics-mius-front-screenshots.html?m=1

Wait, I see screenshots of Tigers (!!) -- didn't realize they would be in the OOB for Mius Front.  Imagine they're just available in quick battles rather than the campaign -- ?

A lot of panzers VI took part in the Battle of Kursk in july 1943 (am i right assuming the Mius Front is the southern part of this battle ?)

source : http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/CGSC/CARL/nafziger/943GGBA.pdf

link to all Nafziger OOB's : http://cdm16040.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p4013coll11/id/1277

sandman2575

Grabbed this screen from SimDeck's youtube vid --

Shows there are 2 campaigns (playable from either German or Soviet side), and also gives OOB -- 2nd German campaign is just 4 infantry divisions (...just...?!?).  First campaign has the potentially more interesting OOB:

"17 AC, 16 MID, 23 TD"

So clearly 16th Motorized Infantry Division. Other 2? 23rd Tank-destroyer battalion? I'm at a loss for what "17 AC" signifies. 17th armored-car battalion??  Neither "tank-destroy bat." nor "armored car bat." are standard Wehrmacht designations.... Would probably have to be a Panzerjaeger Abteilung and / or Aufklaerungs Abteilung --

Neither would include Tigers though -- we'd be looking for a Heavy Armored Battalion -- Schwerepanzer Abteilung

EDIT -- looking a little further in the video, seems 17 AC may refer to 17th Armored Corps (again, not a usual Wehrmacht designation -- XVII Panzerkorps)

And 23 TD seems to be 23rd Tank Division (Panzerdivision)