Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hofstadter

The reinforcement menus are so complicated. And finally theres slopes in the terrain, its not flatland!

It is so pretty though, oh my god its pretty.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jomni

The main screen menus (scenario selection, scenario creation, casualty report, options etc.) don't look nice and hard to read.  Big colored blocks with some text.  Waste of space.  Could have been redesigned better.

Where did the detailed unit orders go?

Edit: Ok I now get it.  Right click then rightclick again for modifier.

Hofstadter

Posted a video of gameplay in the video thread.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

-budd-

yea the reinforcement,resupply stuff i dont get either yet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Jarhead0331

Who needs reinforcements and resupply anyway? Real men play the game ironman style.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Quote from: Hofstadter on March 05, 2016, 04:12:10 AM
Posted a video of gameplay in the video thread.

I went to look at it but it says it's an invalid link?

Pete Dero

panzerde

Honestly, I wasn't going to get this. I like Graviteam stuff but I'm trying to stay focused on a limited (for me) set of games right now. This looked good, but...

After seeing a few of the videos I thought "what the hell" and grabbed it today. Wow. Talk about immersive. And they have done some nice things to the command UI, too. I suspect this is going to eat up a lot of time this weekend.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Moreb

My plans of playing all weekend were sidetracked early this morning. So, after dinner, I'm actually going to sit down and mess around with it. I created errors last night when I screwed with the battle editor so I hope it goes better tonight.

Wish me luck.
When dongles fly? - mirth

panzerde

Sadly, the summary screen at the end of battles is still completely inaccurate. Not only does it not give an accurate account of losses (why does it say I've lost three vehicles when I can see four burning?) the relative victory levels make no sense.

-budd-

Quote from: panzerde on March 05, 2016, 10:38:25 PM
Sadly, the summary screen at the end of battles is still completely inaccurate. Not only does it not give an accurate account of losses (why does it say I've lost three vehicles when I can see four burning?) the relative victory levels make no sense.

Thats disappointing, it worked in APOS and then it didnt. I havent had time to finish anything but the tutorials and i think the meager loss totals were right. it does seems easier to get around the UI and between the manual and tutorials you can pick up most things quickly.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

panzerde

Quote from: -budd- on March 05, 2016, 11:12:04 PM

Thats disappointing, it worked in APOS and then it didnt. I havent had time to finish anything but the tutorials and i think the meager loss totals were right. it does seems easier to get around the UI and between the manual and tutorials you can pick up most things quickly.

I have to agree that the tutorials are much better than in the past, and the UI is improved. Graviteam is always going to be quirky; you just have to accept that there are going to be some things that don't make sense. It sure is purty, though. I also like how your paltoons do things that are sensible on their own, like deploy smoke when on the attack.

Jarhead0331

Personally, I think the tutorials are pretty weak. I suppose they are better than nothing, but I don't think they really teach much and I believe there may even be some bugs. For instance, in the ambush scenario, the German column that was supposed to be using the road never came. I sat there, and I sat there and I sat there...perhaps it's such a realistic depiction of combat that they have included the "hurry up and wait" and boredom factors.

I agree that the AI is very competent when left to its own devices. In the defense training scenario, I barely touched my troops, and they had no problem lighting up the Russians when they came out to fight. They really let them have it and like the original games in the series, the fireworks are spectacular. No other game captures the insane ferocity of combat in such a compelling and visceral way.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Moreb

The one thing I am really disappointed about is the inability to save the battles you make in the editor.

I don't know why we cant make, save, and possibly share our battles. Instead, you are forced to only have one at a time, with only a continue or start over option. Ideally we could make them and save them to play at any time in any order. Such a constricting way now.

Even better would be the ability to edit saves and insert or take away units for balancing etc.

But, honestly, not being able to save and share battles is hugely disappointing.
When dongles fly? - mirth