Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krabb

Quote from: Moreb on March 06, 2016, 09:32:58 AMI don't know why we cant make, save, and possibly share our battles.

And I don't know why people don't read tutorials? There's a tooltip on the battle start button, too. ;D

Asid

There are some nice additions comong to the editor in the future   :)
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

trek

Anybody here managed to get the Battle Editor to work? It works for me in the tutorial but every time I try it on my own the "go to battle" clock button is inactive. In the previous game I never had any problem with the editor. And has anyone noticed that in the options panel it never really saves any of your changes? FYI: I'm running WIN 7 64-bit. Maybe I'm just getting old but I'm finding this new iteration of the game much harder to grasp.

mikeck

The graphics are amazing. Watching my anti tank guns send rounds down range into a group of T-34s. Everything from the sound of the gun cycling and firing to the small snoke trail the tracer makes and the shower of sparks upon impact.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Krabb

Quote from: trek on March 06, 2016, 02:57:54 PM
Anybody here managed to get the Battle Editor to work? It works for me in the tutorial but every time I try it on my own the "go to battle" clock button is inactive. In the previous game I never had any problem with the editor. And has anyone noticed that in the options panel it never really saves any of your changes? FYI: I'm running WIN 7 64-bit. Maybe I'm just getting old but I'm finding this new iteration of the game much harder to grasp.
Could you upload your user profile ("users/profiles" folder), logs from "out" folder, and "data/common/shared/config/tacgame_image.cfgpack" somewhere, please?

Don't understand what options panel do you mean, game settings? Make a screenshot of this, please.

-budd-

I made a quick battle and saved it. Nothing special just trying out to test out to see if indeed we can swap quick battles, file attached. I suck at making them so i'm looking to poach off others, besides its more of a surprise. Let me know if you can get it to work. Once in main directory to go data>common>shared>missions and upzip there and then it should show up on the same page as the tutorials.

Also i dropped some spotters for arty and air support in my quick battle. I had them on AI control at start and they did nothing although they had a great view of the enemy. Then i took them off AI control and couldn't figure out how to call in the off map support, help would be great. I'll go double check the manual and tutorials, im talking about the off map stuff.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

trek

Krabb,
Yes, on the main menu page you choose options then various game settings. Try changing any of the settings for example "visual quality from high to very high" and/or "game difficulty from normal to easy" or even again under video and performance to the heading of sharpen from "disabled to enabled". When you exit it says apply these settings. Now immediately go back into the options/game settings and see if your changes are still there. In my game it defaults back to the original ones and none of my changes are saved.

Budd: I had to create a Missions folder for the shared folder and put your file in it and yes your mission is there at the bottom of the quick battles screen and is working.

Krabb

-budd-, cool mission! And I mean cool as in freezing... in summer. :D

You can add a picture and a description to your missions when you are creating them, in case you missed this features.

Krabb

Quote from: trek on March 06, 2016, 05:10:59 PMYes, on the main menu page you choose options then various game settings. Try changing any of the settings for example "visual quality from high to very high" and/or "game difficulty from normal to easy" or even again under video and performance to the heading of sharpen from "disabled to enabled". When you exit it says apply these settings. Now immediately go back into the options/game settings and see if your changes are still there. In my game it defaults back to the original ones and none of my changes are saved.
Looks like you don't have the write permission for the game folder. Where it is installed? What OS?

-budd-

Quote from: Krabb on March 06, 2016, 05:16:29 PM
-budd-, cool mission! And I mean cool as in freezing... in summer. :D

You can add a picture and a description to your missions when you are creating them, in case you missed this features.

I was switching things around so much, just playing around with the settings, didnt realize what i ended up with. Looks like i also switched it to night, not good for the spotters. Can you even control off board air and arty? I cant figure out how.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Krabb

trek

Krabb,
My OP stated I was running WIN 7 64-bit. This is of course a Steam game install and it resides in the Steam Apps/Common folder right along side GTOS and SABOW. Did any of you check your settings and see if your changes are being saved? There have also been some other post on the Steam forum asking the same question about the go-to-battle button being inactive in the Battle Editor. Are you running WIN 7 or WIN 10? I was just wondering if my problem has anything to do with WIN 7 since the store page states that WIN 7 is the minimum and WIN 10 is preferred.

panzerde

Quote from: -budd- on March 06, 2016, 04:12:26 PM
I made a quick battle and saved it. Nothing special just trying out to test out to see if indeed we can swap quick battles, file attached. I suck at making them so i'm looking to poach off others, besides its more of a surprise. Let me know if you can get it to work. Once in main directory to go data>common>shared>missions and upzip there and then it should show up on the same page as the tutorials.

Downloaded and was able to play. Got absolutely destroyed, but I played it :-)

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: trek on March 06, 2016, 05:35:39 PM
Krabb,
My OP stated I was running WIN 7 64-bit. This is of course a Steam game install and it resides in the Steam Apps/Common folder right along side GTOS and SABOW. Did any of you check your settings and see if your changes are being saved? There have also been some other post on the Steam forum asking the same question about the go-to-battle button being inactive in the Battle Editor. Are you running WIN 7 or WIN 10? I was just wondering if my problem has anything to do with WIN 7 since the store page states that WIN 7 is the minimum and WIN 10 is preferred.

I am using Win10 and my settings appear to be saved, at least the ones I checked.  I know not Win7 like yours though.

jomni

How to tow guns.
http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.sg/2016/03/graviteam-tactics-mius-front-how-to-tow.html

Take a look at the 5th screenshot.  German guy holding a PPSh.  I've seen some Germans use SVT too.  Nice little detail, or is it a bug?