Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krabb

Quote from: trek on March 06, 2016, 05:35:39 PM
Krabb,
My OP stated I was running WIN 7 64-bit. This is of course a Steam game install and it resides in the Steam Apps/Common folder right along side GTOS and SABOW. Did any of you check your settings and see if your changes are being saved? There have also been some other post on the Steam forum asking the same question about the go-to-battle button being inactive in the Battle Editor. Are you running WIN 7 or WIN 10? I was just wondering if my problem has anything to do with WIN 7 since the store page states that WIN 7 is the minimum and WIN 10 is preferred.
Sorry, it's late night here and I skipped over that bit. Try changing your Steam folder permissions as said here (under For Windows Vista section, it is similar to Windows 7): https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2008-ULBN-0189.

Skoop

Quote from: jomni on March 06, 2016, 06:11:31 PM
How to tow guns.
http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.sg/2016/03/graviteam-tactics-mius-front-how-to-tow.html

Take a look at the 5th screenshot.  German guy holding a PPSh.  I've seen some Germans use SVT too.  Nice little detail, or is it a bug?

Probably by design, it was quite common for the germans to pilfer ppshs for use on the battlefield.  Very popular weapon even though it was made by the enemy. CMRT models this as well. 

sandman2575

Mius lets you tow guns??  Did not know this. Very cool!

I'm adapting to the new UI easily, I find -- it's very similar to Op Star's, but more streamlined in most respects.

What I don't yet understand is the new unit management UI in the campaigns (the 'strategic' level). Very confused as to how we're supposed to manage resupply and reinforcement, and all sorts of tactical dispositions ('anti-tank' etc.). All new, and all pretty confusing.

-budd-

Still having trouble getting air support to work. Think I got arty figured. I adjusted some things, your defending and outnumbered but have some arty to help. hope someone will try it out and let me know what you think. Again unzip it in your missions folder- main directory>data>common>shared>missions

Can you import the maps from opstar at all for quick battle use?

zip file attached

Dont bother...first time i played they attacked, thistime hardly any movement...hmmm.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

sandman2575

On the subject of confusing new things --

Can anyone explain what is going on in the 2nd picture attached. In the first picture, I've selected one of the headquarter units (circled), and I get the usual 'green squares' indicating what locations this unit can move to.

In the second picture -- ?? -- no idea. I've selected a different HQ unit, and then I get this beautifully colored but completely incomprehensible overlay.  Insights welcome.

-budd-

best guess thats a supply unit, you get the circles when highlighting supply units

sandman2575

Never thought of that. Do you think green indicates units supply can reach, and yellow, units that can't be supplied?

-budd-

think yellow is reduced supply, isnt there a red circle also

Hofstadter

Protip. If you have to say best guess when it comes to identifying basic UI indicators. Your manual sucks.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

-budd-

is supply automatic for any units in range of the green/ yellows circles if they arent in combat and sit there?

Moreb

Quote from: Krabb on March 06, 2016, 09:58:42 AM
Quote from: Moreb on March 06, 2016, 09:32:58 AMI don't know why we cant make, save, and possibly share our battles.

And I don't know why people don't read tutorials? There's a tooltip on the battle start button, too. ;D

Oh. Didn't notice that. Thanks.

Asid alluded to an expansion of the editor which I think could be great. What would be nice if we could actually place units on the map in the editor via the Deployment Phase Map with very defined unit placement and order.

EDIT: IT HAS TO BE AT NIGHT WITH HEAVY FOG BUT THERE IS DARKNESS. YAY
When dongles fly? - mirth

panzerde

Quote from: Hofstadter on March 06, 2016, 08:17:41 PM
Protip. If you have to say best guess when it comes to identifying basic UI indicators. Your manual sucks.

+1 and QFT. Beautiful game. Terrible documentation. After one day I'm already reaching the point I reached with GTOS: pretty graphics aren't worth spending hours puzzling over this UI. CMRT is calling me.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 06, 2016, 06:32:24 AM
Personally, I think the tutorials are pretty weak. I suppose they are better than nothing, but I don't think they really teach much and I believe there may even be some bugs. For instance, in the ambush scenario, the German column that was supposed to be using the road never came. I sat there, and I sat there and I sat there...perhaps it's such a realistic depiction of combat that they have included the "hurry up and wait" and boredom factors.

After having finished the tutorials I'm going to agree with you. For what they cover they're better than GTOS, but as you said, they just don't cover much. Combined with the sub-par manual, we're once again forced to guess at how to play the game.

-budd-

Quote from: panzerde on March 06, 2016, 10:20:31 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 06, 2016, 06:32:24 AM
Personally, I think the tutorials are pretty weak. I suppose they are better than nothing, but I don't think they really teach much and I believe there may even be some bugs. For instance, in the ambush scenario, the German column that was supposed to be using the road never came. I sat there, and I sat there and I sat there...perhaps it's such a realistic depiction of combat that they have included the "hurry up and wait" and boredom factors.

After having finished the tutorials I'm going to agree with you. For what they cover they're better than GTOS, but as you said, they just don't cover much. Combined with the sub-par manual, we're once again forced to guess at how to play the game.

I wasn't expecting much after reading the posted manual. The tutorials got me up to speed on most of the basics, now that being said none of it is all inclusive but has it ever been....nope. I set mine to old orders menu, dont really want that order bar right now. One thing that has messed me up is that the order modifiers dont reset when you pick a new unit, its nice that when you mouse over the order it tells you what modifiers are in effect though. Been playing with the editor most of the day, testing the AI out on attack and meeting engagements. Wont jump into the campaigns until i have a good grasp on the replacement, resupply thing.

panzerde

I can't see how to do the order modifiers at all. Apparently I missed that in the tutorials.