Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

sandman2575

Really nice vids -- thanks for posting Jason -- does Agrippa frequent these forums? Can't recall seeing him around. I enjoy his YouTube presentations.

Tip of the hat to Hofstadter too -- nice work.

Hofstadter

Ive seen him on the forums. But he doesnt frequent them ss far as i can tell
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jomni

Quote from: Hofstadter on March 11, 2016, 04:51:24 PM
Ive seen him on the forums. But he doesnt frequent them ss far as i can tell

Mostly posts in AAR section.

-budd-

Quote from: Moreb on March 10, 2016, 10:13:22 PM
                                                                                                   A Good Day To Die

Small, quick battle. Played as Germans

There are enough tanks to carry your infantry except for the mortar crew and possibly make it to the Victory Location via the main road before a coordinated attack from the enemy arrives.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/y1bb0r

Unzip in your Data/Common/Shared/Missions folder. If you do not have the Mission folder create one and unzip it there.

Finally got a chance to play this, had an intense battle in the forest. One thing, no planes showed up for either side and my spotter didnt seem to have any available, something to do with setting up unit characteristics during battle editing,i've had trouble with this also. I got a total victory and it ended about 19:42. I set up my armor on the far left deploy zones and ran it up the left side with the clear fields and swung it around to the right and came at the VP from the back side. My infantry i set up back and left from the VP in that ravine, gully and they held there own even against the tanks. Took about 18  minutes for the tanks to swing around into place and then an intense 20 minute battle raged.My tanks pretty much hit there attacking force in the flanks and ripped up there follow on infantry. 3 of their tanks ventured into the trees and got taken out by infantry and flank fire form my tanks. The enemy had 30% of its force left and only 1 fully functional tank, i lost 1 tank. I got some good screen shots i'll post in the screen shot thread. Thanks for sharing the battle, that battle in the forest was intense fun.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Moreb

I wish someone would explain the new spotting procedures.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Asid

New update - March 12, 2016
12 March

Added
1) Added a setting for color of selected units and squad markers
2) Added a setting for vertical label layout in squad markers and enlargement of markers
3) Added 50 mm mortar to Mk3 "Valentine" tank
4) Added display of build version in the main menu
5) Added organizational structure of tank battalion on American tanks (Red Army)
6) Added organizational structure of light artillery regiment (Red Army)
Changed
7) Changed the rotating direction of the camera attached to unit
8) Adjusted the behavior of soldiers in trenches
Bugs
9) Fixed several bugs with animations and behavior of infantry in trenches
10) Fixed a bug with repeating achievements in the end of battle
11) Fixed a bug with the take defense order leading to erroneous choice of direction of points for the defense

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Moreb

Quote from: Asid on March 12, 2016, 04:57:34 PM
New update - March 12, 2016
12 March

Added
1) Added a setting for color of selected units and squad markers
2) Added a setting for vertical label layout in squad markers and enlargement of markers
3) Added 50 mm mortar to Mk3 "Valentine" tank
4) Added display of build version in the main menu
5) Added organizational structure of tank battalion on American tanks (Red Army)
6) Added organizational structure of light artillery regiment (Red Army)
Changed
7) Changed the rotating direction of the camera attached to unit
8) Adjusted the behavior of soldiers in trenches
Bugs
9) Fixed several bugs with animations and behavior of infantry in trenches
10) Fixed a bug with repeating achievements in the end of battle
11) Fixed a bug with the take defense order leading to erroneous choice of direction of points for the defense

One of the reasons I really like Graviteam is because of the amount of post release support they offer. Many of their previous patches would be chargable if offered by another known company that offers the closest game in the genre.

jomni

Moreb

panzerde

And then there are the games where your entire force is obviously combat ineffective, the enemy completely outnumbers you, but you win a minor victory.

:uglystupid2:
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Asid

New update - March 16, 2016

Added
1) Added indication of aircraft time of arrival in a tooltip to the event in operations
Changed
2) Infantry trenches are digged for crews that entered combat without vehicles and heavy weapons
3) Adjusted the behavior of soldiers moving with the covertly modifier and without the fast move modifier (distance of crawl movement increased to 250 m)
4) Adjusted the algorithm of calling air support for AI
5) Changed the threshold of visibility and recognition of enemy units when displaying a 3D model
6) Vehicles do not leave trenches on their own (if target is outside fire sector), if AI control is not set
Bugs
7) Fixed a bug with non-selection of squad with trucks in the deployment when selecting another platoon
8) Fixed a bug with excessive effect of flamethrowers on T-34 tank driver
9) Adjusted (decreased) the structural integrity of guns and vehicles
10) Fixed display of APC M3A1 Scout platoons for non-default icons
11) Fixed a bug with non-shooting soldiers in some units
12) Fixed a crash bug when moving gun ammo
13) Reduced the probability of AI enemy forces deployment in player squares (only recon units without vehicles can infiltrate player squares)
14) Fixed posture of Pz-IV tank driver with open hatch
15) Fixed saving of the orders cost indication setting
16) Fixed the position of 50mm/5cm mortars when stopping and firing
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Jarhead0331

I wasn't planning on capturing this random meeting engagement, but it got pretty intense towards the climax of the battle so I hit the record button. Enjoy...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

-budd-

Nice Vid... was that a quick battle or campaign? When you zoomed down on that german soldier, was that a death moan he croaked out before dying. Game just has some cinematic moments.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Jarhead0331

This was a quick mission. It was one of the "surprise me" scenarios. Turned out to be a meeting engagement of two mechanized scout companies. I was surprised at how well my Russian troops held it together.

Wounded troops definitely cry and moan.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18