Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

A couple shots from a quick battle.

Molotov blew the MG gunner off.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

budd....not sure if it's my settings, but your screenies aren't showing up for viewing?

-budd-

Thanks, I had my doubts if everyone else could see them. I tried to use my google drive to host. Ill fix them .
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Moreb

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 19, 2016, 04:15:16 PM
I wasn't planning on capturing this random meeting engagement, but it got pretty intense towards the climax of the battle so I hit the record button. Enjoy...

Man you must have a great rig because that looks so smooth and crisp.

What are you using to record if you dont mind me asking.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Jarhead0331

I usually use OBS to record now, but I recorded this video with shadowplay. OBS is really good for recording and streaming and it is free!  Shadowplay works well enough, but it records my mic volume low and the videos take longer to process on YouTube I guess because of the encoding it uses.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Asid

New update - March 29, 2016

Added
1) Added indication of replenishing (under repair) platoons for selected depot/headquarters (repair platoon) - blue circle
2) Added the organizational structure of tank companies for the Red Army tank units in quick battle editor
3) Added detailed breakdown of the battle evaluation principles (after battle end)
4) Added automatic report creation after a critical error

Changed
5) Added calculation of the blood amount in a human, in order to remove excessive bleeding after multiple hits
6) Adjusted damage model for aviation
7) Adjusted the algorithm of personnel reallocation within platoon
8) Increased the camera max height
9) Removed indication of direction arrows for aviation
10) Adjusted the algorithm of behavior of the suppressed and panicking soldiers
11) Adjusted suspension settings for all Marder modifications
12) Platoon reinforcement strategies which cannot be achieved are skipped in QB editor
13) Slightly changed the format of the game audio files (audio mods require repacking)
14) Observed fire does not start before the correction value reaches 25%
15) If the concealed mode is on, observed fire and fire on external target designation is done with smoke shells
16) When the cancel order modifier is set without the fast move modifier, the order is cancelled when enemy is spotted
17) Updated the user guide

Bugs
18) Fixed observed fire for 50 mm/5 cm mortars
19) Removed the swastika appearing in the encyclopedia in the Russian version of the game
20) Fixed a bug with fire line selection for which the adjustment is being made
21) Fixed a bug with the gun ammo indication in the unit management table in the operational phase
22) Fixed incorrect displaying of the message about the type of artillery fire (flare or smoke shells)
23) Fixed a bug with tanks and other armored vehicles turning at enemy aircraft
24) Fixed a bug with incorrect exiting from houses of heavy infantry weapon crew assistants
25) Fixed a bug with wrong commander names of units which reinforce platoons in quick battle
26) Fixed a bug with incorrect positioning of propellers and mounted weapons for shot down aircraft
27) Fixed a bug with the fragmentation effect of smoke hand grenades
28) Fixed a bug with incorrect saving of path and command hierarchy settings after entering the statistics mode
29) Fixed a bug with FPS falling when enabling AI control for a lot of vehicles
30) Fixed non-working canceling of AI control via right-clicking
31) Fixed a bug with drawing of numbers on Tiger tank
32) Fixed a bug with strange behavior of gun crews after unhooking from vehicle

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Moreb

Thanks Asid. I've been playing, mostly with self made and user made battles and have logged over 60 hours with the game.

People should really check this game out. The price is right and honestly, no other game is as realistic at this scope. Plus it's a beauty. Tons of strategy.

This game really is an unsung hero and deserves more recognition.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Asid

Mius-Front Tactical diagrams and armor penetration charts

A pair (unit and weapon) is required for displaying tactical diagrams and armor penetration charts in a tactical battle. In game: select a unit, it should have a target (orange line). Or second option, select a unit and point at a visible target in the line of fire mode [~]. In figure the pair is KV-1S (diagram is drawn for it) and Pak-38 gun. Diagrams and charts are shown by using [ } ] button

Vertical portion - armor penetration chart similar to the one shown in the encyclopedia, level of armor penetration is shown vertically, distance - horizontally. Horizontal blue line indicates the armor level of the projection from the direction of the target for the selected part of the vehicle (lower hull, top hull, turret). The example in figure shows top hull selected. To toggle the vehicle part click [RMB] on the tactical diagram toggle button. Broken lines indicate the level of armor penetration for gun projectiles (yellow line - APCR, red - armor-piercing).

Orange arrow indicates the distance to the gun - 320 m. Red dot - indicates current position of the selected tank part in the coordinate system of the chart. If the red dot is below the broken line, the projectile indicated by the line penetrates the selected vehicle part from the given angle and distance. Figure shows that PzGr.40 projectile penetrates from this distance, but PzGr.39 projectile - does not.
Horizontal portion is the tactical diagram. It shows from what distance and what angle the gun projectiles penetrate the selected vehicle part. The distance axis is along gray lines, represented by tear-shaped curves in each quadrant (front, rear, left, right). Each tick mark corresponds to 100 meters distance. Yellow and red lines indicate the distances of armor penetration for two types of gun projectiles (colors are similar to the armor penetration chart).

Orange arrow indicates the position of gun. If the blunt end of the arrow is located inside the the closed line, then the gun penetrates the selected vehicle part with this projectile from current angle. The figure shows that only PzGr.40 projectile (yellow color) is able to reliably penetrate the front and rear. And sides can be penetrated by two projectiles (PzGr.40 - from 700 m, PzGr.39 - from 500 m).
The chart and diagram are connected to each other along the axis indicated by the orange arrow - the "ideal" direction from which the gun projectiles will hit the tank.

Real armor penetration diagram and chart examples

Armor penetration of German artillery projectiles of Soviet tanks of the early war

Tactical diagram of T-34 tank which shows armor penetration distances for 37 and 50 mm German projectiles
War in Pieces

Asid

New update - April 9, 2016

Added
1) Ability to immediately execute movement orders using a hotkey (adjusted separately), bypassing the orders menu
2) Added ability to specify behavior of individual platoons in quick battle editor
3) Added the organizational structure of 66th special tank battalion on Pz-IF tanks in QB
4) Added template with machine guns against infantry in quick battles designer ("surprise me")
5) Added decoding of unit marker colors and explanation of tactical diagrams to the user manual

Changed
6) Adjusted the algorithm of fragmentation fields and bullets effect on soldiers
7) Adjusted the normalizing factor for calculation of battle results (in quick battle) in the taking into account only area mode
8) Changed the logic of machine guns operation
9) Area of sight is shown relative to the selected unit
10) Tactical battle saving enabled by default

Bugs
11) Fixed positioning of the lying Maxim machine gunner
12) Fixed failure to cancel order if on hold fire
13) Fixed a bug with the detonation time of shrapnel S-mines
14) Fixed a bug with incorrect detonation of rifle grenades
15) Fixed camera trembling on Intel processors
16) Fixed a bug with tactical diagram display for small-caliber weapons
17) Fixed a bug with non-selection of squads in quick selection panel, with a large number of squads
War in Pieces

Asid

Updated manual

Version 2016.04.08 (59 pages): Click Here

7 extra pages
War in Pieces

smithcorp

PanzersEast

So how of the UI has improved?  With the previous offering I had to fight the UI and eventually I just gave up.  I thought the previous game was great, the firefights intense etc... but the UI and the feeling of a lack of control just did me in.

How much as this one improved over the other?

PE

acctingman

Do these games have mods or are they strictly German vs Russian?

Thanks

Jarhead0331

Quote from: acctingman on April 14, 2016, 08:29:18 AM
Do these games have mods or are they strictly German vs Russian?

Thanks

Graviteam Tactics is primarily WWII eastern front. However, there is DLC for Operation Star that models the Iran/Iraq War and the conflicts in Angola and the Soviet/Chinese border area in 1969.

Based on your previous posts, I do not think you would like the series and you would be frustrated by the learning curve. These games take effort to get into. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18