Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Thanks
[/quote]

Based on your previous posts, I do not think you would like the series and you would be frustrated by the learning curve. These games take effort to get into.
[/quote]

Ouch  :-[

But probably true  O0

Jarhead0331

^I'm not suggesting that you are incapable of learning, only that you seem to be more interested in just picking something up and running with it. You've expressed very particular and specific tastes in what you are looking for in a wargame and based on that, I just don't think you would enjoy this series. Just my .02, though...you never know.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

PanzersEast

I like how they implemented the contextual menu.. it appears once learned it makes it a lot easier giving orders by right-clicking then following the branching order selection....

This is pretty crucial if you play in real-time.... the battlefield on the previous offering was very hectic and I found myself having to pause and evaluate the situation then fight the UI..... the UI was the only thing I thought that held back the previous iteration, that is why I was keen to hear what everyone thought of the UI improvements, if any.

PE

Pete Dero

acctingman

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 14, 2016, 09:08:25 AM
^I'm not suggesting that you are incapable of learning, only that you seem to be more interested in just picking something up and running with it. You've expressed very particular and specific tastes in what you are looking for in a wargame and based on that, I just don't think you would enjoy this series. Just my .02, though...you never know.

HA!...no worries Jarhead. You are spot on about my play style. Honestly, I wish I had the patience like you and many others here display when it comes to games like this. I've been ruined by clicky rpg's....so hard to break bad habits. I soooooo want to learn the Combat Mission games.

But....I'm a tad ODC when it comes to learning curves and my  :uglystupid2: when it comes to patience

Jarhead0331

Quote from: acctingman on April 14, 2016, 09:33:34 AM

But....I'm a tad ODC when it comes to learning curves and my  :uglystupid2: when it comes to patience

You may be a tad dyslexic too... :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

PanzersEast

When you join the military you have to learn to be proficient at Acronyms....

When you play Graviteam games you have to be proficient at Hieroglyphs

For example, when you have see a squad with the following symbol above their name, you know they are taking a latrine break.

PE

acctingman

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 14, 2016, 09:39:33 AM
Quote from: acctingman on April 14, 2016, 09:33:34 AM

You may be a tad dyslexic too... :2funny:

Oh....snap

magnus

PE, I thought that was the glyph for air support?

Father Ted

Quote from: magnus on April 14, 2016, 11:37:31 AM
PE, I thought that was the glyph for air support?

Nah - it means their morale status is "very scared".

PanzersEast

Funny thing is, you are both right  :o

PE

Asid

Just a quick post about the updates and support from Graviteam.

Since the release of Mius Front, Graviteam have produced a steady stream of updates. They have been listening to the community and implementing fixes and adjusting.

This is how it should be.
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

RyanE

Quote from: Asid on April 16, 2016, 09:05:56 AM
Just a quick post about the updates and support from Graviteam.

Since the release of Mius Front, Graviteam have produced a steady stream of updates. They have been listening to the community and implementing fixes and adjusting.

This is how it should be.

Did I miss something...did someone say something to the contrary?

Asid

Quote from: RyanE on April 16, 2016, 12:05:42 PM
Did I miss something...did someone say something to the contrary?
I just appreciate it  :)
War in Pieces

Asid

New update - April 17, 2016
17 April

Added
1) Flashing group icon on the events panel when under fire
2) Phase shift of engine sound in order to avoid saturation when large number of vehicles is located near camera
3) Added the organizational structure of recon platoon on APC of recon company of tank brigade command in QB
4) Added the organizational structure of the Red Army artillery regiment in QB
5) Added partial organizational structure of the Wehrmacht tank division in QB
6) Added utility for creating modifications to player profile (collections of mission, sound and texture mods)
Changed
7) Adjusted the algorithm of cover selection
8) Prepare ambush button on deployment stage does not change the squad concealment state
9) Prepare ambush state together with concealment forces soldiers of a squad to be placed in any cover, and without concealment, only in trenches, buildings or shell holes
10) User guide
11) Removed the fire accuracy indication of secondary weapons (in the statistics) if it is equal to 0%
12) Adjusted the algorithm of forming units into formation (reduced amount of turning)
13) Extended highlighting of the selected arty battery
Bugs
14) After loading a save, the enabling attribute of the controls settings stays reset
15) Fixed a bug with incorrect displaying of defeated/disbanded group composition
16) Fixed a crash at the end of battle in operation, if Soviet tank captain or aircraft pilot is killed
17) Fixed erroneous switching to the lying animation when mounting vehicles and moving guns
18) Fixed the separator between arty batteries which have no shells
19) Fixed a bug with inability to restart battle after saving

Note: Game switched to the vcredist 2015 redistributable.

Note: Mod utilities are currently in beta stage, thus report any issues please

War in Pieces