Previous topic - Next topic

Asid

Updated manual

Version 2016.04.17 (61 pages): Click Here

2 extra pages
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

mikeck

After weeks of plane I finally found something that drives me nuts about this game. Enemy air support. I am playing the Germans in a campaign and had tons of units and the assault guns set up in perfectly concealed positions with great fields of fire ready to ambush. Things are going swimmingly about 10 minutes into a 60 minute battle.   Then Russian attack craft showed up (Il-2s) and for the next 15 minutes proceeded to strafe, bomb and rocket all of my men and vehicles. I sustained probably about 60% casualties just because of the sheer amount of ordinance. I just don't think in real life a plane would do more than one pass of rockets and maybe two or three passes of machine guns. Enemy aircraft seem to have unlimited ammunition and just don't go away.  :tickedoff:

I think they're also a little too effective. After all, strafing concealed troops in woods and  inside trenches would be relatively ineffective but seems to work pretty well here. Also, I'm a bit confused as to how- absent a lucky hit, machine gun fire from a plane can destroy a 75mm infantry cannon. Not the crew...the actual cannon.

So, a whole battle plan wasted and whole units (all concealed in trenches or woods), wiped out in 15 minutes by 8 aircraft. Maybe I'm just annoyed. >:(
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup, I'd like the see the effectiveness of air power toned down a little (the enemy's not mine.  That's just fine  ;) ).  I'd also like to see them have another look at how defensive works are shown on the maps.  You can often just scour the map before a battle starts and the tank scrapes and infantry fox holes will show up.  This allows you to pinpoint your artillery strikes right off the bat.  I'd like to see the devs either add a system where the entrenched player would have a number of dummy emplacements he could deploy on the map and/or give each squad or platoon a camouflage skill rating and make it so their defensive works are only become visible once an enemy unit gets within a certain range based on terrain, lighting, recon skill, etc.

sandman2575

Quote from: mikeck on April 29, 2016, 05:15:54 PM
After weeks of plane I finally found something that drives me nuts about this game. Enemy air support. I am playing the Germans in a campaign and had tons of units and the assault guns set up in perfectly concealed positions with great fields of fire ready to ambush. Things are going swimmingly about 10 minutes into a 60 minute battle.   Then Russian attack craft showed up (Il-2s) and for the next 15 minutes proceeded to strafe, bomb and rocket all of my men and vehicles. I sustained probably about 60% casualties just because of the sheer amount of ordinance. I just don't think in real life a plane would do more than one pass of rockets and maybe two or three passes of machine guns. Enemy aircraft seem to have unlimited ammunition and just don't go away.  :tickedoff:

I think they're also a little too effective. After all, strafing concealed troops in woods and  inside trenches would be relatively ineffective but seems to work pretty well here. Also, I'm a bit confused as to how- absent a lucky hit, machine gun fire from a plane can destroy a 75mm infantry cannon. Not the crew...the actual cannon.

So, a whole battle plan wasted and whole units (all concealed in trenches or woods), wiped out in 15 minutes by 8 aircraft. Maybe I'm just annoyed. >:(

And there are no AA units, IIRC (there definitely were none in Op. Star). Having *no* counter of any kind to enemy air power strikes me as problematic.

mikeck

Yeah. Troops were firing Mg-42s at the aircraft but a 7.62 just isn't enough punch. They just loitered around.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Moreb

Asid, anything coming down the pipeline concerning MF? It's been a little quiet lately. Makes me wonder if Andrey is coming up with something big.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Asid

Quote from: Moreb on May 02, 2016, 09:26:11 PM
Asid, anything coming down the pipeline concerning MF? It's been a little quiet lately. Makes me wonder if Andrey is coming up with something big.
Hi Moreb

There are extensive plans for MF. DLC is on the list. I will let you know more when i have something concrete.

Regards
War in Pieces

Moreb

Quote from: Asid on May 03, 2016, 08:28:14 AM
Quote from: Moreb on May 02, 2016, 09:26:11 PM
Hi Moreb

There are extensive plans for MF. DLC is on the list. I will let you know more when i have something concrete.

Regards

Sounds good. Thanks Asid. Youre just another cog in this great machine called grogheads. I spend my forum time here because of guys like you and others.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Asid

Quote from: Moreb on May 04, 2016, 12:13:52 AM
Sounds good. Thanks Asid. Youre just another cog in this great machine called grogheads. I spend my forum time here because of guys like you and others.
A community is only as good as its members. This is a great community :)
War in Pieces

Asid

New update - May 7, 2016
7 May

Added
1) Higher resolution textures for soldiers
2) New helmets for German and Soviet soldiers
3) Confirming ending of deployment, exiting without saving, withdrawal, etc. (enabled in the interface settings)
4) New single mission
5) New organizational structure - Red Army cavalry

Changed
6) Pathfinding map in some parts of the battle area
7) Take defense command works according to ordered formation
8) Removed the "Defense in place" command (from the bottom menu)
9) Cancel previous target command moved to a separate button (separated from the antitank and antipersonnel capabilities indication)
10) User guide
11) Adjusted the "Defense" training mission

Bugs
12) Fixed a bug with vehicle collisions in column formation in certain cases
13) Fixed incorrect tankborne infantry animations after loading a save
14) Fixed incorrect group icon on the events panel

War in Pieces

MengJiao

Quote from: -budd- on March 08, 2016, 10:39:50 PM
Thx it was slow but seemed to work. What do the numbers in the ring mean when you set the area fire? any idea. But no the game doesnt need a manual :coolsmiley:...right

Yep it seems to work.  I was using massed fire to knock out Tigers one-by-one once I discovered Tigers will wipe out just about anything if you simply trade shots with them.

Asid

New update - May 28, 2016
Community Announcements - Goblin949A

Changed
1) Platoon management table in operation
2) Operation tutorial mission
3) Improved AI in tactical battles
4) Algorithm of artillery spotters behavior for AI
5) Application conditions of shrapnel shells with adjustable time fuse

Bugs
6) Fixed a bug with incorrect order mode when pressing space without any units selected
7) Fixed a bug with Maxim machine gun crews mounting on tanks and in trucks
War in Pieces

-budd-

sure do appreciate you keeping us updated on all things Graviteam, thank you sir.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Asid

New update - June 8, 2016
8 June

Changed
1) Adjusted the algorithm of infantry moving behind vehicles
2) Adjusted selection of squad types which AI sends in recon
3) Divided the long (for attack formations) and near attack modes in the operational phase (long attack holding Ctrl)
4) Appearance of the operational map
- show names only for commanders;
- indication of the company/battalion commander in platoon indication mode;
- removed lines from command hierarchy;
- changed the display of tactical battles;
- changed the highlighting color of several platoons located in the same point;
- removed indication of reinforced company;
- changed the display of the attack arrows;
5) Removed the tactical battles mode selection setting (always selected automatically)
6) Number of attacks from square 1x1 km is limited to one, all platoons which are in the square and can attack are blocked.
7) Changes in the platoon management table in operation
- changed the background of routed and defeated (disbanded) units
- removed the arrival icon for already arrived units of the HQ reserve
- removed indication of captured weapons for the defeated and routed platoons
8) Changed the user manual
9) Changed training missions
10) Increased the movement speed of routed platoons
11) Added the organizational structure of AT batteries on Pak-40 and Pak-36(r)
12) Added T.Mi.42 mine to German engineer units
Bugs
13) Fixed a bug with disbanding of draft platoons
14) Fixed a bug with incorrect calculating of points for the key points in the operational mode

Updated manual

Version 2016.06.05 : Click Here
War in Pieces

Asid

Hotfix - June 10, 2016

Removed number of turns indication for the enemy reserves
Crash bug in certain cases in the operational phase
War in Pieces