Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Do any of the Graviteam games have fights in large cities? I've looked at the games forever but can't remember one screen shot of city battles.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bletchley_Geek

EDIT: I cannot recommend trying the game right now. The camera went from smooth as silk to as smooth as 60 grit sandpaper; or a permit driver learning a manual transmission; or a washing machine with three legs or....you get the point. I hope to relay very quickly its correction and I will. I just don't want people turned off to a great game that has been hamstrung by a temporary glitch as I hope it is.

They experiment a lot, and I don't think they have dedicated beta testers, at least English speaking ones.

It has been very interesting to watch how the games have been evolving over the past two years.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 31, 2018, 10:43:13 PM
Do any of the Graviteam games have fights in large cities? I've looked at the games forever but can't remember one screen shot of city battles.

No. Not that I have seen. Just relatively small villages and towns.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Moreb

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 31, 2018, 10:43:13 PM

Not large cities. Larger villages but the battles they portray were, as most battles, fought in sparsely populated regions. The game handles buildings decent but lack the specific control CM does. Most of the buildings are small structures so when you choose to defend on a building, some units we be near the building while others are inside. Would love one day if they dealt with city fighting but it's certainly not something that would happen without a revamped system. One can hope.
When dongles fly? - mirth

RyanE

Can you explain the camera issue.  I have been playing and didn't note any problems.

Moreb

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on August 31, 2018, 10:48:37 PM
EDIT: I cannot recommend trying the game right now. The camera went from smooth as silk to as smooth as 60 grit sandpaper; or a permit driver learning a manual transmission; or a washing machine with three legs or....you get the point. I hope to relay very quickly its correction and I will. I just don't want people turned off to a great game that has been hamstrung by a temporary glitch as I hope it is.

They experiment a lot, and I don't think they have dedicated beta testers, at least English speaking ones.

It has been very interesting to watch how the games have been evolving over the past two years.

Very true. I generally approve of their experiments with a few exceptions. The developer is very passionate about his series and historical accuracy is at the forefront of his decision making. Some people consider him gruff but he does have a vision, does communicate with his base, and he is open to suggestions. He doesn't mind saying when he thinks others are wrong. I can appreciate that.

Another person tried out the camera for me and wasn't getting the jerkiness that I have so some of it may be on my end but I do think something has changed with the camera for the worse.

Moreb

Quote from: RyanE on August 31, 2018, 11:00:22 PM
Can you explain the camera issue.  I have been playing and didn't note any problems.

For one, you now have to press shift to scroll the elevation at a faster pace. Even then I think it scrolls slower than it did before. Also, it seems like the camera layers stick a touch between levels creating a slight jerkiness to them. A new addition is ground level view but there is a small problem with that view and bumping into units that create a problem. Also, it seems to take way too much wheel work to get the camera to climb and lower quick enough. I thought I read that the acceleration was tweeked/removed but I could be wrong.

RyanE

OK, I guess since I haven't played in a while I didn't notice it at all.

Moreb

BOOM!

It looks like a quick update may have fixed the problem. I hope so. The camera is extremely fluid once again.

I'm curious how CM players receive the game keeping an open mind of its uniqueness.

Jarhead0331

I got my ass handed to me in this one. I had a pretty good field position to start, but I was not expecting Russian heavy tank destroyers that pretty easily took out my tank platoon. It was downhill from there...total defeat.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Moreb

Great pics. Sometimes the defeats are my favorite battles. I exert more energy trying to save a desperate situation than I do steamrolling over a shattered enemy.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Moreb on September 01, 2018, 11:03:22 AM
Great pics. Sometimes the defeats are my favorite battles. I exert more energy trying to save a desperate situation than I do steamrolling over a shattered enemy.

Absolutely! An undeniably intense simulation. Every single time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Moreb

Were those ammo explosions in the pic with the SPW? I love those. Even better is a shot to a fuel tank as the fuel leaks out and burns untul empty, sometimes causing other explosions. The damage models are great to see parts and accessories flying and the skins denigrate over time to end as burnt up shells. Just one more level of coolness (<----- Old Man Slang)

PanzersEast

Battle of Kransnyi Pahar

I finally picked up Mius-Front after enjoying RS so much...

We were tasked with encircling and destroying a Russian rifle division that took up a defensive position in the town of Kransnyi Pahar.  We attacked at dawn splitting the forces and assaulting the town from the North and the South.  Mortar support would come from the North and a Inf Gun in support, with Rudorer's 2 Platoons doing a sweeping assault from the NE and taking up a defensive position once in the town.  Schlinke would engage the town from the South while Maus and Tanner took their Platoons along the Eastern edge of the town assaulting from the South.  Another sweeping movement and will link up with Rudorer who would already have established a foothold.  Once linked, they would push West to secure and mop up the town.

We encountered fairly heavy resistance in the Southern out skirts of the city, however we were able to push through.  The ATG guns and mortars from the North were able to keep things chaotic while Rudorer's 2 Platoons meet with little resistance and was able to establish a defensive position and engage the enemy.  Once Maus and Tanner pushed their way in, we swept most of the town with a cease fire offered.  We took control of the town and we suffered acceptable losses.  There are reports of tanks moving in from the East of our position so no time to rest......

Schlinke 2 Medium ATG Platoons
Maus 2 Platoons
Tanner 3 Platoons
Kossatz Inf Gun Horse
Rudorer 2 Platoons
Scheffle Mortar Squad

* SORRY FOR THE MISP OF PLATOON AND NOT PLATTON.... COPY AND PASTE IS NOT ALWAYS YOUR FRIEND  ::)

Toonces

Ok, so I actually looked.  I have Operations Star(fury) and 77 minutes played. 

How does this Mius-Front compare to Op Star?

I have a lot more time invested in the Steel Fury games.  For some reason I thought that the Steel Fury DLCs Hooper and the other one were also compatible with the Graviteam Tactics games, but I'm not sure if that's so, or how that works with Steam.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs