Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Thanks budd and Moreb. Why not OpStar? I actually own that but don't have it installed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on October 07, 2018, 01:54:18 PM
Thanks budd and Moreb. Why not OpStar? I actually own that but don't have it installed.

The UI is way more improved in MF and the game runs much better than in opstar being built for 64bit. The artillery is better and so are the graphics. There is the editor and come into battle mode and hundreds of improvements made in patches since MF was released. I'm getting ready to leave the cabin and return to civilisation so I couldn't list more but if money is not a deciding issue then I'd jump in to learn MF and not have to unlearn things.
When dongles fly? - mirth

sandman2575

Quote from: Moreb on October 07, 2018, 10:01:02 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on October 07, 2018, 09:10:27 AM
Wow, I'd love to know Warsimmer's system specs to get Mius Front to play that silky smooth on such a large-scale battle. I've tried some of the large-scale "Battlegroup" battles that can easily become battalion-sized engagements, and my PC starts chugging something fierce, dipping down to single-digit FPS (which is unplayable).

In the comments he states he has a 1080 gpu an I-7 7700 with 16 gigs of ram and he uses 4k when he can. I run an I-7 6800k water cooled 1080 with 32 gigs of ram and my game doesn't look that good even on a new $900 1080p 32 inch curved monitor.  His darker shades and shadows look excellent. I wish I knew what to do to make mine so pretty. I'm guessing it's the 4k. Maybe i screwed up and should have gotten a 1440p monitor? Even his smoke billows look more pronounced.

From what I understand CPU is the greatest resource used for good frame rates. Either way, his setup produces the best quality I've seen.

I would've thought it impossible to get that kind of performance in 4K without a multi-GPU setup. Still, that setup -- as well as yours, Moreb -- is powerful. My own system is getting near 6 years old at this point. I've been putting off updating but it may be time to start facing the truth.

Moreb, I'd hope you get pretty great performance in Mius at 1080p with your system?  My eyesight is pretty lousy so 1440p, much less 4K, remains impractical for me. But rocking a GTX 1080 for 1080p I would guess would be more than enough to run Mius at highest settings with a powerful i7 CPU.

Toonces

There's definitely a learning curve to these games.

I booted up some SABOW this weekend, and the UI was completely beyond me again.  There was a time when I really logged some hours in it and had actually started to figure it out, but the time off has left me a complete n00b again. 

I don't have any interest in Mius Front, but that South African campaign looks so super tasty I think I might just give the whole smack a go.  I'm going to wait on the release of the DLC, though, and the hopefully they'll put Mius on sale at the same time to get guys like me.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mikeck

You COULD grab "Operation Star" with the "Operation Hooper" DLC and play the South African Angola wars now!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

RyanE

I installed Op Star last night just to Hooper.  Its like going from CM2 engine 4.0 to CMSF 1.0.  It gets frustrating.

Moreb

Quote from: Toonces on October 07, 2018, 06:51:48 PM
  I'm going to wait on the release of the DLC, though, and the hopefully they'll put Mius on sale at the same time to get guys like me.

Id be almost positive they would. They usually have a sale every dlc they release.

Quote from: sandman2575 on October 07, 2018, 06:48:50 PM
Moreb, I'd hope you get pretty great performance in Mius at 1080p with your system?  My eyesight is pretty lousy so 1440p, much less 4K, remains impractical for me. But rocking a GTX 1080 for 1080p I would guess would be more than enough to run Mius at highest settings with a powerful i7 CPU.

I do. I have everything maxed and have my FPS capped at 100 but when the battle is going strong and there is a lot of smoke it will drop into the mid 70's. Larger battles slow down also because with all of the calculations it probably bottlenecks. You'd be suprised how well the game runs though with the large maps and details. The programmers should be commended.

mikeck

Quote from: RyanE on October 07, 2018, 07:20:30 PM
I installed Op Star last night just to Hooper.  Its like going from CM2 engine 4.0 to CMSF 1.0.  It gets frustrating.

UI is a bit different from Mius but I find the graphics and general concepts to be the same. But if the war for Namibian independence or South African warfare in the 80's is your thing...well...you have a problem finding games. But this is one
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

That South African Angolan dlc sounds so money - but it sounds like I would enjoy the newer game a lot more since it is updated.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I have Hooper, but on SABOW not Op Star.

I'm a patient man...I'll wait.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

Quote from: Moreb on October 06, 2018, 12:55:52 PM
Quote from: jomni on October 06, 2018, 12:48:42 PM
Quote from: Toonces on October 06, 2018, 11:59:22 AM
Damn, that Operation Modular DLC looks super tasty.  I might buy Mius Front just to get that!

It may be the first DLC I'll buy for my (shelved) Mius Front. :D

YEAH? I think Operation Raid is incredible for 6 bucks. I love the snow maps.

Reinstalled Mius.  :arr:

Moreb

Quote from: jomni on October 07, 2018, 09:10:05 PM
Quote from: Moreb on October 06, 2018, 12:55:52 PM
Quote from: jomni on October 06, 2018, 12:48:42 PM
Quote from: Toonces on October 06, 2018, 11:59:22 AM
Damn, that Operation Modular DLC looks super tasty.  I might buy Mius Front just to get that!

It may be the first DLC I'll buy for my (shelved) Mius Front. :D

YEAH? I think Operation Raid is incredible for 6 bucks. I love the snow maps.

Reinstalled Mius.  :arr:

Just an FYI Op Raid is an updated operation released for Operation Star named Krasnaya Polyana 1943. It was re-released on Mius Front with some changes reflecting additional research and information into the op. MF: Black Snow also has snow on the map but not a thick map-wide blanket of deep snow as Raid. Raid also introduces drifts into the snow and weather systems. Black Snow is a larger operation and map compared to Raid and boy is the terrain tough. Very forested.

jomni

Thanks. I saw a China vs Russia updated DLC too.

-budd-

With all the sales these games have and all the support with updates and patches i really don't mind re- buying all the dlc . There on sale pretty regularly , I'd wait and you could probably get all of Mius or Tunisia for a good price. Like I mentioned earlier the Tunisia bundle was $14 a couple of weeks ago, it will have a good sale again. Mo Reb is right there is usually a sale with a new release.

I'm getting to like the desert fights, the terrain is plain jane but using the dips in the terrain to work your Sherman's around is fun and it always cool when a sand storm blows in. I think UI is finally ingrained in me, I have no problem finding my way around and I wonder why it took me so long ,of course the new UI is easier.
I pretty much play the quick battles, or setup a battle when I want to use the modifiers. I but the dlc for the maps and the forces. I hope they expand the quick battles to use the modifiers and add another battle group selection, I think with the extra large maps theres room for a third battlegroup.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Toonces

I might have to turn in my Grogheads card after saying this but....I know absolutely nothing about the African campaign in WWII, except that Rommel was the Desert Fox.  I know the names of some of the battles, but it's all a black hole if you ask me to explain it.

I started to read An Army at Dawn, and even then, I just couldn't get into it.  Something about this aspect of the war simply bores me to tears. 

All that is to say, I didn't buy Tunisia, even at that incredible price, because I have absolutely zero interest in that part of the war.