Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Loved that book. Coming of age story of the Allies.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: jomni on October 08, 2018, 12:47:12 AM

If An Army at Dawn doesn't get someone interested in what happened in North Africa, nothing will, as I can't think of a better book.

Rayfer

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on October 08, 2018, 06:48:54 AM

If An Army at Dawn doesn't get someone interested in what happened in North Africa, nothing will, as I can't think of a better book.

Big +1...and the sequels as well.

mikeck

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bSfWIDc0Bnk

Look at the detail 6:40-6:50. Burning tanks, burning crewman...good vid on hooper. Don't blame anyone for waiting but don't avoid this version of you already own operation star. This version holds up very well and in some cases, I prefer the UI and certain effects more than Mius or Tunisia
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

GAH too many DLCs and too many different opinions!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on October 08, 2018, 10:04:22 PM

Gus, are you into these types of games? Mius Front is very satisfying for me because I like the genre. It certainly isnt for everyone and takes quite a commitment to play it well. The rewards may just not be worth the time. I know you enjoy RTS and RPG games but while those videos look great, they miss the sometimes tedious amounts of actions taken to produce what is happening on the screen. Have you played CM or maybe Panzer Command Ostfront?
When dongles fly? - mirth

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Moreb on October 08, 2018, 11:24:48 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 08, 2018, 10:04:22 PM

Gus, are you into these types of games? Mius Front is very satisfying for me because I like the genre. It certainly isnt for everyone and takes quite a commitment to play it well. The rewards may just not be worth the time. I know you enjoy RTS and RPG games but while those videos look great, they miss the sometimes tedious amounts of actions taken to produce what is happening on the screen. Have you played CM or maybe Panzer Command Ostfront?

shame the panzer command series never went far, actually really enjoyed them and just thought they needed a little more care and feeding.

Gusington

No never played CM or Ostfront :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on October 09, 2018, 07:36:05 AM

How did you ever become a leader of Grogs?  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Con

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 09, 2018, 10:55:12 AM

His dongle was the mightiest

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Con on October 09, 2018, 11:20:37 AM

His dongle was the mightiest

They don't call him "tripod" for nothing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Rayfer on October 08, 2018, 08:59:01 AM
Quote from: Michael Dorosh on October 08, 2018, 06:48:54 AM

Big +1...and the sequels as well.

Same here - I bought Tunisia because I read those books

Toonces

Good lord, Gus, how did you become a leader of Grogheads?  Never played CM?  <shakes head condescendingly>
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Moreb

Then if you are still interested I'd purchase the game, fire up a random Come Into Battle session, play it for about a half hour or so. Then load up a campaign to see the op phase and the overall map, push some formations and see how the game progresses and keep the time under 2 hours enough for a refund if it doesn't seem like a game you might enjoy. The developer believes at this point the effort to make and update a demo is not worth it considering Steams generous return policy. I can't say I disagree.

Tripod? I thought it was triploid. Hmmm
When dongles fly? - mirth