Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smittyohio

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on August 12, 2013, 01:11:57 PM
Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 12:47:54 PM
Great game. Have you had a chance to check out the slew of scenarios over at...... uh I forget where. But there's alot!

No I haven't yet, this was in fact the first one I played. :) Are there more than the ones mentioned here http://www.ssg.com.au/?page=scenarios?

If that's Battlefront, I don't believe anyone made any AI enabled scenarios for it.   The first couple of DB games had quite a few, but later games no so much....

RooksBailey

Decided to boot up Wargame: ALB just to see what changes the first free DLC brought with it.  Set up a quick skirmish game.  I took the NATO/Brits and the AI took the Pac (I forget which nation).  Most of the battle revolved around a patch of woods that sat near some sort of warehouse where tractor trailers were parked.

This is a shot of the rude surprise some PAC mechanized infantry got when it first approached the warehouse (the roof is seen just over the treetops).  We lit them up with everything we had!

The AI was not going to be deterred, so it kept sending more into the fray.  I brought in a TOW-equipped chopper to give it pause:

The fight continued to rage.  Eventually the road that led to the warehouse started to look like a dumping ground for burning BTRs and BMPs:

Things quieted down some, so I sent in some dismounted infantry to try and take that patch of woods.  Here they pass some Soviet wreckage:

Unfortunately, the Sovs had a different idea and sent in a Frogfoot to blast my infantry  >:(:

Interestingly it turned out that the reason why things had gotten quiet was because the AI was trying to circle around my warehouse stronghold and hit us from the south(!).  Nice move, AI!  Just by dumb luck, I had some Chieftain reinforcements (btw: I might have these designations wrong; I was too tired to take detailed notes) coming on the battlefield which engaged the enemy and stopped them long enough for my other forces to mop them up.  You can see my tanks aiming south at the newly appeared enemy, while a Harrier drops two 500lbs bombs on a suspected PAC recee element.

Just a random shot of one of my AA units shooting down a Soviet fighter-bomber before it could drop its load:

When the southern attack failed, more mechanized infantry came down the road at us.  Tanks to the rescue:

And that was where I had to end the skirmish.   :)  With the exception of some minor dings from when one of my AA units got knocked out by an ATGM, the actual warehouse never got damaged during the battle.

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

Nice screens.  I gotta learn to watch the replays in order to marvel at the graphics not seen when I'm actually playing the game.  Replays are only for skirmish battles right?  Can't seem to be able to watch campaign battles.

----------------------------------

The world according to the Aztecs in 1600. 

Controlling two trade areas (Mexico, and Mississippi) led to interaction with north and south American Indian societies.  They are too far to pose as a risk so friendly relations were encouraged whenever the opportunity arises. 

The Aztec empire expanded by three provinces through colonization and subjugation of natives. 

As expected, the Portuguese waged war on the Aztecs.  In the first war, the Portuguese easily obliterated the Aztec army and captured several provinces.  But for some reason, when peace was brokered, Portugal only asked for all of Aztec's wealth (around 2,000 ducats).  The Aztec empire's territory was left intact.  During some sea battles, the Aztec navy was able to capture a Portuguese warship, the Espirito Santo.

There was also a 2nd (short) war with Portuguese.  This time, the Portuguese brought along Spain and Great Britain as allies.  Only the Spanish army (6,000 troops) set foot on Aztec territory.  The Aztec army, despite outnumbering the Spanish (20,000 troops), were easily out matched.  But in the sea, the Aztec navy performed well.  They defeated the Spanish / Portuguese naval forces in several engagements and captured another warship, the Nossa Senhora dos Ramos.  This led to the settlement of peace where the Aztecs only lost some prestige but kept their territory intact once more.  But for how long?

Martok

[Yes, the graphics are obviously very primitive by today's standards.  It's just that it was such a fun battle to fight, I wanted to share it anyway.  8) ]

Not surprisingly, the cowardly Romulans began their war with the Klingon Empire by launching a sneak attack on our colony in the Corinth system.  We quickly moved to break the siege... 

My fleet:  To the viewer's right (and a little in front), a squadron of small but swift B'rel-class Birds-of-Prey.  The heavy lifting, though, will be born by my K'tinga-class War Cruisers. 

The opposition.  Like me, the Romulans' fast-attack vessels (an understrength squadron of D'ridren-class Destroyers and a couple D'Korask-class Light Cruisers) form their vanguard.  Of greater concern, however, are the four R'derex-class Strike Cruisers (off to the viewer's left), and -- especially -- the D'deridex-class Warbird on the right.  (A single one of those bad boys is equal to 2-3 K'tingas, and in general can really ruin someone's day.) 

The battle's opening stages.  I direct my War Cruisers to take out the D'deridex, while my B-o-P's go after the Strike Cruisers.  The latter pack a mean punch at a distance -- boasting a large number of torpedo launchers, they're essentially mobile artillery platforms.  However, they possess only a single disruptor cannon, the result of which they're vulnerable in close-quarters combat...something at which fast-attack craft (especially the Klingons'!) typically excel. 

Three B'rels are destroyed...but so is the Warbird.  That's an exchange I'll take any of the day of the week!  Now that their heaviest firepower is gone, I can breathe a little easier. 

Not pictured:  Most of the Romulan fast-attack group has circled around to behind my main formation.  Credit the enemy with knowing (and taking advantage of) the fact that Klingon ships don't have rear-firing weapons. 

Ouch.  The fading explosion on the right is all that remains of one of my War Cruisers.  Galling though it is, I can't fault the Romulans for courage:  Their Strike Cruisers, already knowing they're outclassed (and likely doomed) by my Birds-of-Prey, don't even try to fight them.  Instead, they focus their attention on my K'tingas, with devastating results.  Unfortunately for the R'derex squadron in question, they now come under fire from my WC's in addition to my B-o-P's. 

Another B'rel and a second K'tinga bite the dust.  Can we *please* finish off those damn Strike Cruisers??!  (I sometimes forget how much more punishment ships in this mod can take compared to the vanilla game...) 

That's more like it!  With the Romulans' last 2 R'derex-class vessels (and 1 of their D'ridrens) converted into various disassociated atoms, the battle has finally reached the tipping point.  Our forces are now free to go after the enemy fast-attack group. 

The Romulans go down hard, though.  The crews of a third War Cruiser and yet another Bird-of-Prey are sent to Sto-vo-Kor... 

Finally!  With the destruction of the last 2 Romulan Destroyers and 1 of their Light Cruisers, the remaining D'Korask (upper-right part of the screen) pulls out.  I do not envy their commander the report s/he will have to make to their superiors... 

We stand victorious!  While the price was heavy -- half my fleet was destroyed -- we gave better than we got.  The Corinth system is safe...for now. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Martok on August 17, 2013, 08:08:57 AM
[Yes, the graphics are obviously horribly primitive by today's standards.  It wast just that it was such a fun battle to fight, I wanted to share it anyway.  8) ]

Not surprisingly, the cowardly Romulans began their war with the Klingon Empire by launching a sneak attack on our colony in the Corinth system.  We quickly moved to relieve the siege... 

I wish BOTF worked on my laptop.  :(  One of my all-time favorite 4X games turn-based games.

I recall the Romulans being the 800lb gorilla when it came to such battles.  Been awhile since I played but didn't their cloaking ability give them a free first fire if they had their cloaks active on the strategy map?  That always seemed to give them a big advantage in fleet battles, despite their ships not being as resilient overall.

LongBlade

Boo Klingons!

Actually, that was a fun little report, Martok ;)

(and thanks for giving me the opportunity to use that Romulan ship for the first time ever!)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Quote from: Nefaro on August 17, 2013, 01:08:35 PM
I wish BOTF worked on my laptop.  :(  One of my all-time favorite 4X games turn-based games.
Yeah, that sucks you couldn't get the game to run.  :( 

I know you've got plenty of other stuff to play in the meantime, but I still urge you -- at some point -- to PM Flocke or thunderchero about trying MPR++.  (Hey, it couldn't hurt...) 

Quote from: Nefaro on August 17, 2013, 01:08:35 PM
I recall the Romulans being the 800lb gorilla when it came to such battles.  Been awhile since I played but didn't their cloaking ability give them a free first fire if they had their cloaks active on the strategy map?  That always seemed to give them a big advantage in fleet battles, despite their ships not being as resilient overall.
This was very true in the vanilla game, yes.  Their cloaking advantage was a bit overpowered. 

Fortunately, the BOP mod rectifies this in a couple different ways: 

1.)  The main difference is that firepower for virtually everyone's ships has been drastically reduced, thus limiting the power of a cloaked vessel's "free turn" at the beginning of combat (although it's definitely still worthwhile).  Not-so-incidentally, this also had the happy effect of making battles last longer and allowing different commands/tactics to actually matter somewhat -- as opposed to in the original game, where battles were usually orgies of mutual annihilation that disappointingly ended after just a few turns (and where one generally only bothered using the "charge/assault" command). 

2.)  Also, as the Klingons, all their warships can now cloak as well.  ;D  So in the Balance of Power mod, Klingon-vs.-Romulan battles usually start out with both sides decloaked (such as in my previous post), as otherwise they couldn't even engage each other. 

Quote from: LongBlade on August 17, 2013, 02:43:53 PM
Boo Klingons!
I'll have you know, the Romulans are actually my favorite faction to play as in BOTF.  (It's partly because they're the most "balanced" of the game's five playable races, but also because they have the coolest-looking ships!)  I just felt like a change of pace -- that, and of course the Klingons are just damn cool.  8) 

Quote from: LongBlade on August 17, 2013, 02:43:53 PM
Actually, that was a fun little report, Martok ;)

(and thanks for giving me the opportunity to use that Romulan ship for the first time ever!)
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! 

And you're welcome.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RooksBailey

Quote from: jomni on August 17, 2013, 02:54:53 AM
Nice screens.  I gotta learn to watch the replays in order to marvel at the graphics not seen when I'm actually playing the game.  Replays are only for skirmish battles right?  Can't seem to be able to watch campaign battle.

Yeah, replays are only for skirmish/MP battles, which is a darn shame.  Truth is, I play this game mostly so I can go back and watch the battles unfold in slow motion later.   ;D  I never understood why these game devs load up their RTS games with great graphics.  What is the point?  Most RTS games move so fast that everything is a blur.  It doesn't make sense to me, especially without a replay viewer.  WEGO should be the preferred method for games like WAB.

QuoteThe world according to the Aztecs in 1600. 

Seems like everyone is playing EU4 these days but me.  I really need to check out that demo.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

And this is the end of my Aztec campaign.

----------------------------------

The pattern keeps repeating itself.  Each time Portugal wages war on the Aztecs, the Aztec army is easily obliterated and provinces are given to the Portuguese.  The Aztecs had no choice but to migrate and expand northwards. 

Encroachment of Western powers reduced the takings of the Aztecs in the trade areas that they used to dominate.

By 1695, the Aztecs have been isolated into three areas, Mexico (the capital and their original homeland), Mobile (a thriving province in North American Coast) and Mescalero (a desert outpost).

TheCommandTent

^ Thanks for updating us on your campaign jomni.  I assume that this outcome was somewhat inevitable and not much could be done to help the Aztecs survive?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Kushan

Some random screenshots from my Castile campaign. Also testing out Flikr over photobucket.

England has (finally) finished taking Scotland and Ireland. I'm a bit surprised Brittany hasn't been consumed by the ever growing France.

Along with converting to Protestantism, England also got converted to a noble republic. I think it might have been rebels. In any case they lost all of Scotland and Ireland along with 2 of the Wales provinces.

Saving Portugal (again), from Morocco (again), in a war they started (yet again).

I'm a bit surprised by this one. England protestant and Austria is still Catholic and the emperor of the HRE. If I was planning on being more involved in European politics instead of colonizing this might scare me a little. Maybe this will cause the Savoy (yet another of my war hawk allies) to think twice next time it wants to go to war with Austria.

If it wasn't for the Prestige hit, I'd really consider declining all of my allies wars. Seems like the AI is going to war against larger opponents, and using me to save them.

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

W8taminute

EUIV looks like it's a great game.  Is everything running fine out of the box?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Kushan

Quote from: W8taminute on August 18, 2013, 12:44:48 PM
EUIV looks like it's a great game.  Is everything running fine out of the box?

Everything is running great for me. It looks good (love the map changing seasons) and the AI seems to know how to play the game. I've experienced a few minor stuttering / game freezing. No CTD's, the game just stutters / locks up for a few seconds. Seems to happen when I'm playing on higher speed settings and autosave kicks in. Other then that, performance has been great. No game breaking issues from what I can tell.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

panzerde

Easy Company 2/8 INF assaults Le Grande Hameau on June 6th, 1944

Scouts out!

Preparing to advance through a gap the engineers blasted in a hedgerow.

Advance to the hedgerow.

Across the field, covered by smoke.

German MG team and infantry withdraw under mortar and heavy fire

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Kushan

Spanish Caribbean holdings at the end of the second Spanish conquest of the Aztecs.

This is what happens when you get greedy in EU IV. I didn't want to risk the French further moving in on what I consider mine (all of Mexico and the Carribean). Was also hoping if I took out the Aztecs I could redeploy the majority of my army back to Europe. Unfortunately, as soon as my victorious troops arrived back in Spain, they were immediately loaded back onto their transports and sent back to Mexico to quell uprisings.....

As soon as I sent them back more rebellions broke out in north Africa....

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat