Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keunert

i made it in a way that will never ever give me wood.
there are at least six versions that still were to unappropriate.
i can email you these if you are interested.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Jarhead0331

^I dunno...i got quasi-lift off from that drawing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Keunert

better take it down then  :'(
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

MarkShot

Just some screen shots I've posted over the years that are still hosted by my ISP for a few more weeks:

Huw the Poo

That's a fantastic collection, MarkShot!

LongBlade

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 11, 2012, 05:54:31 PM
That's a fantastic collection, MarkShot!

+1

Some great games there. Brings back a lot of memories.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Thanks for all the screenshots Markshot!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

jomni

Balance of Power! My all time favorite.

Oche

Great games ALL of them, some of those are clear examples that prove that eyecandy is overrated. Never thought of seeing screenshots in this thread of Shadow President and Capitalism, good to see that some of us still appreciate these oldies. Thanks for sharing them. I miss the 90's  :)

LongBlade

Quote from: jomni on September 11, 2012, 08:51:32 PM
Balance of Power! My all time favorite.

Fond memories. I never won that game, though I did get close several times before the world started to glow.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MarkShot

It's interesting that some genres despite the explosion of gamers and games haven't seen any worthy successors to such venerables titles.

Nothing has surpassed the balance of business, railroading, and ruthless AI as RT1/RTD.

Despite the glitz of SH3 ... These games were without wolfpacks.

No game since 1830PC has so captured business as a tool and stock manipulations.

No game has attempted in such an encompassing way to capture the dynamics of running a business since Capitalism 1&2.

RSR was the first and last game to offer a dynamic WWIII SSN campaign.

No game has capture macro level poker game of the Cold War since BOP.

Or how about the high stakes and daring game of calculated gambles that took the USA and USSR into space.

One of the things I love about my many old games was not that simply for their day, they were unique innovative ... Many years later they are still the best representation we have in interactive digital media of certain events and history.

MarkShot

So, I am very torn. My last new PC was 2007. On one hand, I want a new PC and some new games. On the hand, I just want time and health to play what I already have.

jomni

Quote from: MarkShot on September 11, 2012, 11:30:06 PM
No game has capture macro level poker game of the Cold War since BOP.

The upcoming Twilight Struggle (PC) sounds promising.  It's been a very successful Cold War boardgame.

Ubercat

Can't agree more about Twilight Struggle. It's the #1 rated game on BoardgameGeek for a reason. If you preorder it's only $30. Roughly 40% savings.

Oh look.... here's a link! http://www.gmtgames.com/p-397-twilight-struggle-digital-edition-windows-pc.aspx
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

MarkShot

Interesting.  Well, I'll see how it is received.

I am definitely not a "pre-order" type of person.  I am a wait a few years type of buyer when the price has dropped, all bugs are fixed or it is clear the game was abandoned with bugs, and the modders have done their thing.