Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

You have a good point. It IS GMT's first PC game, so the AI may be crap at release or the interface may blow. I haven't pre-ordered yet. Maybe I should wait as well.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

MarkShot

Quote from: Ubercat on September 12, 2012, 12:15:03 PM
You have a good point. It IS GMT's first PC game, so the AI may be crap at release or the interface may blow. I haven't pre-ordered yet. Maybe I should wait as well.

Well, you don't have to be on your first game to deliver cr*p.  Some companies have managed to consistently hit that mark for years.

The reality of games is that majority are hyped by developers/publishers, reviewers, game sites, and gamers.

A few years ago, for my own amusement, I went back and looked at release reviews of a large number of games which had been on the market for many years already.  Many games that were years later regarded as ordinary to mediocre received good to decent reviews upon release.  This pattern persists to this day.  So, you have a much better chance of buying quality and enjoyment when you buy late than when you buy early.  The only strong argument I know of for buying on Day #1 is if you love multi-player ... then each day you delay, you are losing ground to the rest of the playing community.  (Of course, by that logic, if winning is so important, then you should make sure you get accepted into the beta testing program.)

Huw the Poo

I like to buy games on day one so that I can join in the discussion.  But yeah, your logic is absolutely sound, MarkShot.

undercovergeek

Quote from: MarkShot on September 12, 2012, 01:21:30 PM

Well, you don't have to be on your first game to deliver cr*p.  Some companies have managed to consistently hit that mark for years.

The reality of games is that majority are hyped by developers/publishers, reviewers, game sites, and gamers.

A few years ago, for my own amusement, I went back and looked at release reviews of a large number of games which had been on the market for many years already.  Many games that were years later regarded as ordinary to mediocre received good to decent reviews upon release.  This pattern persists to this day.  So, you have a much better chance of buying quality and enjoyment when you buy late than when you buy early.  The only strong argument I know of for buying on Day #1 is if you love multi-player ... then each day you delay, you are losing ground to the rest of the playing community.  (Of course, by that logic, if winning is so important, then you should make sure you get accepted into the beta testing program.)

i also like to go back in time occassionally and play those games from years ago that were 'you must upgrade your system now to play this AWESOME game', and have it not even put a dent in my graphics card and play on full and best and enjoy the splendour of the game that reviewers for magazines who didnt have to pay 2k for the pc to play it on got to see

Oche

Quote from: MarkShot on September 12, 2012, 01:21:30 PM

Totally agree. I'm gonna say i've had slightly more favorable surprises than dissapointing ones when buying on release. If the game is rushed for release date and you do wait for some time before buying you don't get to deal with any early release bugs thanks to subsequent patching. 

Bison

I suffer from a ferret syndrome with games.  I'm very attracted to new shiney objects.

jomni

I just gotta share this screenshot.
Saw this in Facebook.

Jarhead0331

^I guess it's safe to say someone scored.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

presumably the work of a pissed off developer?

a bit like Jessica Rabbit

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 13, 2012, 12:02:17 PM

I don't think they are actually "making out."  it is more likely that its just awkward clipping during actual gameplay that was caught in a screenshot at exactly the right moment. You'll notice they are on opposite teams. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Bison

Jarhead0331

^I remember that scenario...its a bitch.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 13, 2012, 12:08:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 13, 2012, 12:02:17 PM

I don't think they are actually "making out."  it is more likely that its just awkward clipping during actual gameplay that was caught in a screenshot at exactly the right moment. You'll notice they are on opposite teams.

heh, so i see

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2071587/Andy-Carroll-kisses-Lukasz-Fabianski-FIFA-12.html