Nobunaga's Ambition broadcast upon request

Started by W8taminute, March 11, 2014, 09:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Hi guys,

If you're interested in watching some game play for this game set in the Warring States period in Japan shoot me a PM.  I'm on Twitch.tv with user name W8taminute1941.  I can broadcast a game session from my PS4 to Twitch if you provide me with a time you want to watch it.  I'm in the GMT -5 timezone or east coast of the USA and am usually available in the evenings.

You don't need an account on Twitch in order to watch a gameplay broadcast.  You just need to search for my username and you'll see my channel.  ;)

I'm working on translating the game screens and menu navigation so that it can be used if you're interested in buying this game and playing it but can't read Japanese.  I'll start another thread for that when I've got enough material to begin sharing with you.  Meanwhile here is a sample of what an in turn menu looks like.  These buttons are for setting domestic affairs, building structures, recruiting troops, diplomatic actions, etc. 

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Is the game good enough to justify the effort?

...and why aren't you off playing titanfall?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 12, 2014, 06:26:00 AM
Is the game good enough to justify the effort?

That is a good question.  From my point of view as a long time fan of the series I'd say yes.  This particular iteration is a lot more streamlined compared to previous versions of the game.  I think they've also "dumbed" down the game a bit to attract a wider audience.  If you've never played the game before then you wouldn't notice those things though.  For me I think that this game is pretty good and part of the fun of playing an import is translating it into English. 

From the point of view of a groghead however my answer is a bit different.  Even if you have the menus and various commands translated for you there still remains the numerous dialogues that take place each month in your council chambers.  Your advisors talk to you about different courses of action to take running your country.  Then there are diplomatic messages that come in you need to understand.  Translating all of these popup messages that appear is too much work for one person.  You can certainly play the game by saving a lot and just trying different options out when these messages appear but not understanding the dialogue might take away from your experience.  In the PC version of the game (which I found out that you can buy for 8000Yen or about a $100 dollars from amazon.jp) there are separate files that contain all of the scripted messages in the game.  There is a major effort by some folks in the community to crack the files and covert the text to English.  They've actually have done some good work but there are still a lot more messages to go.  Here is some examples I found:

And why aren't a playing titanfall?  I just picked up Dark Souls II yesterday and need to play that a bit before I get titanfall on PC.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on March 12, 2014, 06:58:23 AM

And why aren't a playing titanfall?  I just picked up Dark Souls II yesterday and need to play that a bit before I get titanfall on PC.   ;D

I'm surprised Dark Souls II was not released for next generation consoles. That is what is keeping me from getting it. As such, I figure I can wait a month for the PC release. Still, tell us what you think.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Thanks for posting this W8...as a PC only gamer I missed this and your Dark Souls II thread. Could use your advice on the original Dark Souls as that game kicked my ass to next week and I want to try it again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Thanks indeed - how's the game going?

There's a pc version?

W8taminute

^It's been a few days since I've logged in here to GH.  It's been a few more since I've played Nobunaga as well.  I've progressed fairly far with my translation effort.  So far though my work is entirely handwritten and I envision making a PowerPoint presentation soon in order to help other players. 

In the meantime I've fought and lost my first 3 battles of the game.  Seems like with all my concentration being put towards building up my economy I've neglected my military and am paying for it now.  There is some dialogue surrounding the circumstances of why my neighbor decided to attack me but since it's very time consuming to translate every popup dialogue window I simply press continue and just see what happens.  So in other words this first game I'm playing is more for seeing how the mechanics work.  I'm really liking this version of Nobunaga much more than I did with Iron Triangle which I played way back when on the PS2. 

You can get a PC version of this new Nobunaga from Amazon japan but you need to search for the game using Japanese characters.  The price of admission is quite steep however at a little over 8000 Yen or about 100 US. 

jomni

So that Japanese version has English description for skills?

W8taminute

Those English descriptions are part of a translation project/patch that some fans are working on.