Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

my resolve is melting but i can wait for general release

mikeck

I highly recommend waiting until general release. I'm having a lot of fun with it but right now the size of the game is very limited and often the multiplayer server crashes... things need to be worked out. it will all come in time
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

yeah, every thing ive read is in the positive, even with the alpha niggles, flight feels right, combat feels right, id prefer to get caught up in the release extravaganza than know the things you guys know

Jarhead0331

Premium Beta is out. It was very difficult to install it and then shut down my computer to leave for work this morning.

If there are any thoughts about it, please post.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 30, 2014, 08:44:43 AM
Premium Beta is out. It was very difficult to install it and then shut down my computer to leave for work this morning.

If there are any thoughts about it, please post.

Has it got any cheaper? :P

JudgeDredd

Not a lot £100 or $167

This is from the buy page - if it had docking in stations, trading and single player, I'd be temtped

Elite: Dangerous - Premium Beta

Play now and be part of the Elite: Dangerous development team!

Get access to the first Beta stage of the game and help us shape Elite: Dangerous!

• Beta online multiplayer PLUS Single Player Combat missions to develop your Sidewinder skills
• Automatic access to all the Beta development stages
• All major downloadable expansion packs as they are released
• A download copy of the released game

The FULL Premium Beta is OUT NOW.

Availability: In stock

£100.00
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Difficult to keep holding off... Especially if you think you might be in for the long run. Assuming the price of the base game and All expansions will be a lot higher than 167 bucks in the end...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 30, 2014, 10:09:50 AM
Difficult to keep holding off... Especially if you think you might be in for the long run. Assuming the price of the base game and All expansions will be a lot higher than 167 bucks in the end...
I KNOW!   >:(

Funny thing is, I've just nought, in the last week, CM Market Garden, CM Red Thunder and Wolfenstein New Order...there's my money right there.

I've just about given up... ::)
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

talk at RPS is of the base game been £35

Jarhead0331

Notwithstanding the fact that this game only just hit beta state, I am still prepared to emphatically declare that this game has managed to create the most atmospheric and authentic environment in any game ever.  It is a true feast for the senses.  This does not mean that it will end up being a great game, as this remains to be seen.  However, from a technical perspective it is a remarkable  achievement.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Most atmospheric game ever? That's bold.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2014, 10:47:14 AM
Most atmospheric game ever? That's bold.
I would certainly say, from the videos I've seen, that it is most definitely so in the genre (that I've played). Whether it is across all genres, my limited memory would not allow me to comment  :)
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

My memory is weak also. The most memorable space game of any type that I have played that we could even begin to relate to Elite is FreeSpace 2 and it's modern updates.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

The only thing I can't find a clear answer on is what sizes of ships will be in the game? Will there be capital ships, cruisers, etc as well as small vessels?

The game description talks about upgrading components of your ship, or even your ship itself, but nothing more.
I remember from Frontier that you could buy several ship models but none were big.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 01, 2014, 04:30:43 AM
The only thing I can't find a clear answer on is what sizes of ships will be in the game? Will there be capital ships, cruisers, etc as well as small vessels?

The game description talks about upgrading components of your ship, or even your ship itself, but nothing more.
I remember from Frontier that you could buy several ship models but none were big.

There are several classes of ships you can buy and they vary in size. At least one of them is a large freighter type vessel, but it definitely would not qualify as a "capital" class ship.  There is a video out there that gives a brief synopsis of each ship the play can acquire. They increase in size, but never get too large.

As far as whether larger ships are featured in the game, yes. There are videos out there showing larger ships engaging in combat.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog