Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

no, no there are some games that deserve respect, and this is one of those thats hard to pass up - TBH i thought youd come up with a good 'because i didnt spend 100 on WiF i can have this'!!

i assume the request mechanic allows stations to deny fugitives permission - could be interesting if youre shipping illegal items

are you flight sticking, or keyboard and mouse?

JudgeDredd

I tried keyboard and mouse and the process was fairly painless - setting it up. Unfortunately though, moving left and right, up and down with the mouse required constant movement in those axis to continue moving in the direction...so I was constantly picking up the mouse and moving it to continue movement. But I likely set it up a bit weird

I moved to stick and was very impressed with the support for it. The game detected it and defaulted some values (assigning button numbers I had no idea I had!)

But I might go back to mouse and keyboard to be honest...just because you find yourself reaching for the keyboard anyway with alot of things.

It impressed the hell out of me...and there's not alot there at the minute.

I love the ease of moving power to your 3 systems and then resetting to default. I love the size space appears to be - you "feel" the vastness of it. I love the sound of the weapons and your speed. I love the look of the game and the impression it gives of speed

I can only imagine what this is going to be like fully featured with lots of things to do and see.

Big thumbs up so far  O0 - though I already got all those impressions from the videos I watched.

It needs a manual though  ;D although you can get alot of info in the forums (which is where I discovered how to request docking)
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

still not buying yet, but im close

JudgeDredd

£100 is not normally my price point. Nowhere near. But I was impressed with the Alpha videos I saw, and I had come in to a wee bit of money so I thought I would treat myself
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

You even exceeded my expectations....I knew you would break, but I did not have it happening so fast:). In all seriousness, does look like a good game and even that title page looks cool with the logo sticking out.

Maybe if they ever get less than $100 for a version of the beta I'll jump in too, otherwise I'll just live through everyone else's views for now:)

jomni

Good and tempting but my track record with space games is bad. There's so space game that I played to death. It's the genre that doesn't really click for me. I will wait for retail to avoid the risk.

undercovergeek

Quote from: jomni on June 03, 2014, 04:17:32 AM
Good and tempting but my track record with space games is bad. There's so space game that I played to death. It's the genre that doesn't really click for me. I will wait for retail to avoid the risk.

ah, not just me then. Im not a massive space fan and am torn between getting caught up in the fervour of what looks amazing and the realisation that i dont actually rave for space games - it looks great but ive bought enough games that look great and then put them down 10 hours later

JudgeDredd

lol - 10 hours is a good innings  ;D
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

lmao - for you!!

im not paying 10 pounds an hour for any entertainment

well, there was the one time but thats a long, sorry story!

Boggit

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 03, 2014, 04:47:35 AM
lmao - for you!!

im not paying 10 pounds an hour for any entertainment

well, there was the one time but thats a long, sorry story!
Been there, done that too! :-[
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JudgeDredd

Does anyone who has this know how to register for the forums? I get an error saying I haven't answered question 1 and 2 - but everything is filled out on the form. I've tried different lengths of password thinking it might be that - but the message is so obscure, I don't know what the error is referring to

Ta
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

looks fantastic, i like the look of the progressive damage and the fact that you have to attack from the rear because theres killer guns out the front

mikeck

Lol...that's a lot of work for 100 credits
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mikeck on June 16, 2014, 01:04:49 PM
Lol...that's a lot of work for 100 credits
Yeah - the credits are few and far between from what I gather!

Also, your ship only has 4 slots for goods....it makes making money bloody hard
Alba gu' brath

mikeck

Well, the sidewinder only has four slots. Get a bigger ship like a cobra and you have some space. In the full game, there will be missions and payment for the discovery of new systems and such that will pay
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson