Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

oh yeaaaaah - so dod the russians surrender?

GDS_Starfury

Perv's
And
Nerd's

a name Bawb's wife can get behind!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bob48

Star, I like that. Short, sweet and to the point. Just like Gus.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Grim.Reaper

Not sure if anyone saw the recent developments with the beta and actual game pricing they posted in their store.....this is currently available.

Premium Beta - $150 (Appears will end being on sale on July 15th)
Standard Beta - $75 (Will start sometime after premium beta ends)
Pre-Order of Release Version  - $50 (You can now pre order your final copy of the game)
Expansion Pass - $50 (You can now order to get all future expansions, sales on this item will end on July 29th)

Some interesting things I saw from this.....

- It seems since the premium beta is roughly ending in a week, seems to make sense to at least wait until standard beta is available and you can save $25 if you want both the game and expansion pass.  Just make sure to order the expansion pass by July 29th.

- I saw somewhere the fact they were pulling the expansion pass on July 29th was a source of debate if they were unsure of the expected sales of the game and might be a sign they feel the game won't sale well.  Therefore, they are not confident as to what, if any, actual expansion packs will be created.  I would have to think at least one will be created otherwise they will be killed for selling it all along.  Maybe they will take the tact like other games, hold back original content and call it an expansion:)

I really would like to buy this game, but I think I am done with paying $75-$100 for a game...maybe I will pick up the standard game when released.

undercovergeek

wise words Grim, i definitely want it, but ill wait for official release, i have enough to play until then

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 08, 2014, 08:54:52 AM
wise words Grim, i definitely want it, but ill wait for official release, i have enough to play until then

Me too...and to be honest with this game, I am still not fully grasping how all the single player stuff will come together and play out...since I only play single player, I want to make sure it is feature rich in this area and not overly focused on multi-player.

undercovergeek

AFAIK itll play just like the 80s version - therell be a whole universe of opportunity, youll just be in there on your own, which in the 80s didnt mean a thing, but now seems like an odd and sad thing!

Grim.Reaper

Oh no, looks like if you pre-order the standard beta access now, you will get immediate access to the single player combat builds that have been released before in order to tie over until the full standard beta is released on July 29th.

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=25169

Gotta stay strong:)  $75 is still a little higher than I would want to spend on this game....

Grim.Reaper

I am weak, even after saying I wouldn't spend 75 starting to cave...I am sick.  Folks that have it, is it worth it yet?  Please say no!!!

JudgeDredd

I don't really know what's on offer for the money in terms of incentives.

But - I would say, whilst the game is superbly immersive - I mean superbly so and looks very good - I wouldn't recommend people spend the money. Note - I'm not slating it here - just being realistic about the content and the money.

If there are incentives for buying it just now - then you'd have to make that call...but content is slim pickings at the moment.

It IS immersive - very much so...but skimpy on content to give you anything back.

So make a call based on what you are getting in addition to the beta.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 08, 2014, 03:50:51 PM
I don't really know what's on offer for the money in terms of incentives.

But - I would say, whilst the game is superbly immersive - I mean superbly so and looks very good - I wouldn't recommend people spend the money. Note - I'm not slating it here - just being realistic about the content and the money.

If there are incentives for buying it just now - then you'd have to make that call...but content is slim pickings at the moment.

It IS immersive - very much so...but skimpy on content to give you anything back.

So make a call based on what you are getting in addition to the beta.

Thanks jd, dont think much offered in content yet but I assume when July 29 rolls around much more would be added. If I go in now I get the single missions to learn things before July 29.

JudgeDredd

Well - I was trying to be honest. I bought at £100 ($140?) and I don't regret it. Whilst I have had fun flying it and doing things, I can say that there's not a huge amount in there at the moment. $75 (£50) - I would obviously jump in at that price - but I knew there wasn't a lot there at £100...so I have no excuse.

Seems the price is coming down more and more - so you'll only likely benefit - unless, as I said, there's some incentive to buy now (I don't know if there were any incentives for me - I think I get DLC or something)
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 08, 2014, 04:13:09 PM
Well - I was trying to be honest. I bought at £100 ($140?) and I don't regret it. Whilst I have had fun flying it and doing things, I can say that there's not a huge amount in there at the moment. $75 (£50) - I would obviously jump in at that price - but I knew there wasn't a lot there at £100...so I have no excuse.

Seems the price is coming down more and more - so you'll only likely benefit - unless, as I said, there's some incentive to buy now (I don't know if there were any incentives for me - I think I get DLC or something)

No problem and that was the kind of feedback I wanted...still torn....what to do.

JudgeDredd

Well - to be even more truthful...it is very immersive. Docking is superb...I could do it all day. Little things like when you are close to the landing "sweet spot", you spacecraft is "grabbed" and docked.

Then there's the sounds...oooooh....the sounds. The weapons sounds. The Hyperdrive. The Superspeed. Thrust.

But then again...thin on content and some knobs about spoiling your online n00b flying around to investigate

Glad I could help  :D
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 08, 2014, 04:18:19 PM
Well - to be even more truthful...it is very immersive. Docking is superb...I could do it all day. Little things like when you are close to the landing "sweet spot", you spacecraft is "grabbed" and docked.

Then there's the sounds...oooooh....the sounds. The weapons sounds. The Hyperdrive. The Superspeed. Thrust.

But then again...thin on content and some knobs about spoiling your online n00b flying around to investigate

Glad I could help  :D

Sounds very good...becoming more weak