Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

you were already infected.

Mirth's fault most likely.

hold fast men and wait until you see the whites of their final release date.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

undercovergeek

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 08, 2014, 08:43:29 PM
you were already infected.

Mirth's fault most likely.

hold fast men and wait until you see the whites of their final release date.

listen to this man

our backlogs are already out of control

JudgeDredd

There really is nothing to buy yet. I have a suspicion, like myself, the idea of what this could be is dragging you in...but there's so little content you'll be off playing one of the other games you have waiting in the wings.

Not that I regret my purchase. Not at all - I knew what I was getting - but I haven't played it in like 2 weeks - waiting for the next release to see what other content is there (I think mirth said the same about his game time on it)
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 09, 2014, 02:38:22 AM
There really is nothing to buy yet. I have a suspicion, like myself, the idea of what this could be is dragging you in...but there's so little content you'll be off playing one of the other games you have waiting in the wings.

Not that I regret my purchase. Not at all - I knew what I was getting - but I haven't played it in like 2 weeks - waiting for the next release to see what other content is there (I think mirth said the same about his game time on it)

I agree and wouldn't buy it specifically for the content available today but more for the content that will be made available upcoming in the next beta on July 29 and the future.  If this game is really going to be released in 2014, a lot of stuff will need to start happening fast to make the release this year, I suspect.

So the question comes down to if you want to participate in the beta at some point, from a cost standpoint there is no difference doing it today or waiting until beta further along.  If you just want to play the released version, then would certainly wait since that will be cheaper.

I haven't decided yet but those are my reasons....if I know I will buy in beta, might as well do now, otherwise I will wait until full release:)

undercovergeek

you sound like this is really torturing you Grim - just get it over with, pay, sit back, smile and dont play the game for 3 months!!!!  :D

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 09, 2014, 06:54:53 AM
you sound like this is really torturing you Grim - just get it over with, pay, sit back, smile and dont play the game for 3 months!!!!  :D

Ain't that the truth:)

Gusington

I am holding....I did not press the purchase button.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

one of my new purchasing rules is 'am i going to play it right now, like, install and play' if the answer to that is no, then it can wait til tomorrow, and it usually ends up been a month or 2 later or not at all

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 09, 2014, 07:58:50 AM
one of my new purchasing rules is 'am i going to play it right now, like, install and play' if the answer to that is no, then it can wait til tomorrow, and it usually ends up been a month or 2 later or not at all

A completely sound rule to live by...now if I was only rational about these things, it would be easy:)  Still haven't purchased and not sure I will yet....but has me curious for sure.  Here is what someone posted as to what is available and "possibly" coming.....

What we have now:

SP scenarios
Multiplayer PU
8 Systems:
6 Ships
Plethora of trade goods
4 classes of weapons,
a game loop
Hyperspace
FSD (warp drive)
Trading
Bounty hunting,
Piracy
Skirmishes (between factions)

What we know is coming:
Policing
Fines
Comms (chat)
Matchmaking
Singleplayer PU.
more players and the bugs that increased load brings

What we suspect:
More systems,
More trade goods
more ships (I wanna see the viper mk2)
More more!

Grim.Reaper

For those of you that own Elite, you might want to check out this document/manual if you haven't seen it before...seems like a lot of useful information.  For people that don't own it, can give you some details of the game too.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/230681554/Elite-Dangerous-the-Beginning-Early-Game-Designs-2014#download

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Thanks Grim...where'd you find that manual?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Happen to see it posted on the official forums by somebody.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd