Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Grim.Reaper

Ok, my turn to do the walk of shame on this one....as everybody probably expected, I broke down and purchased today, even after saying I would never buy a game that costs this much:(

Won't have much time to play today, maybe a quick tour once the download is done, but hopefully tomorrow I'll get some dedicated time.....

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

This game is gorgeous so far and to my surprise, I was actually able to fly the ship on default, of course probably missing half of it right now....trying to setup my flight stick and figure out how to enable TrackIR....then I will be good to go:)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

If I was stronger, I would have waited:)  But I rationalized to myself it was worth it:)

Definitely will take practice though....so many options...the cockpit is absolutely amazing in my opinion....not that I know what a future space ship would be like, but it comes close to my imagination....love the popup HUD displays that come up and love the fact you see your pilot's arms do all the movements, many sims seem to forget about the pilot.  Glad I have a TrackIR though, think it might be tough (not impossible) without one to easily see all the onboard systems.

undercovergeek

SirAndrewD

Still holding out, but it is very, very hard. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Well, that is all the time I had for today in trying it out.....a lot to learn for sure.  In my last go around, tried the multiplayer and promptly got shot out of the sky:)

The one thing I have to grasp is the navigation and radar......couldn't find half the targets, but likely me not understanding how to use the radar yet.  When I got shot down, I never even saw my attacker's ship...just saw his laser beams tracking me and ultimately smashing my ship into little pieces:)

I also tried one docking session, but it did not go so well....I made it inside the station, which pleased me, but really couldn't figure out how to set the ship down....I'll have to review some of those YouTube videos later.

SirAndrewD

After noticing that my X-52 pro and Track-IR had dust on them, I caved. 

So far, it's worth it.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 12, 2014, 02:53:12 PM
After noticing that my X-52 pro and Track-IR had dust on them, I caved. 

So far, it's worth it.

You can give me pointers later:)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

He's deserted you Gus - come to the dark side - it's much more fun  >:D
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd