Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I've never been interested in giving the speech thing a try - being Scottish, I would expect a high failure rate!  :D
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

lmao - coffee down face and on desk

having worked with a Glaswegian guy for years i know where youre coming from

'Computer does not understand 'fire focking roarkets'!!!'

JudgeDredd

Me "Maximu Speed"
Game "Ah canny gee ye any mare power cap'n"
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 14, 2014, 04:35:07 AM
I've never been interested in giving the speech thing a try - being Scottish, I would expect a high failure rate!  :D

Too funny:). It would be interesting to see how well it does with various types of speech, although I suspect if you use the speech trainer that comes with windows enough, it would figure things out eventually.

Just another toy to play with, I'll see how I can put it to use in other games for the fun of it.  Although my family does look at me strangely as I talk to my computer screen:). Combine my headphones with my trackir hat with the tracking device, I must be a strange sight to look at playing a video game:)

undercovergeek

grim you have been the most successful person to deter from this game - its cool to read of your full day exploits setting up stick and everything else

i currently use Logitech keyboard and Logitech mouse non HOTAS set up, and if what the game needs is what youve gone through, ill watch from the sidelines!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 14, 2014, 04:52:55 AM
grim you have been the most successful person to deter from this game - its cool to read of your full day exploits setting up stick and everything else

i currently use Logitech keyboard and Logitech mouse non HOTAS set up, and if what the game needs is what youve gone through, ill watch from the sidelines!

Nah, doesn't require all that...lot of people playing with keyboard, mouse, and xbox controllers...just has options for a lot of other stuff to mess around with if you desire.  So far have really only spent less than a total day messing around,but I could have easily jumped right in with the preset profiles that come with the game.  I just like to mess around:)

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 14, 2014, 04:35:07 AM

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bob48

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 14, 2014, 04:44:24 AM
Me "Maximu Speed"
Game "Ah canny gee ye any mare power cap'n"
LOL - you made my day with that, JD

Mind you, it would be great to have one that when you destroy a target says 'Stitch that, Jimmy!'
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Wow, thanks for the voice command info.  This takes it to a whole new level of awesome. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Well, the voice commands were nice, but they didn't save me from getting ganked off a hyperspace point.  I hope that guy that killed me enjoys my cargo of looted clothing.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Bletchley_Geek

Having read the New Yorker article and the game manual that Grim Reaper posted - thanks for that, it was really informative - my only question is whether that amazing model of the Milky Way is available for single player or it is just for multiplayer? With 400,000 million star systems in the simulation database, I can see my 1 Terabyte hard disk becoming very small all of a sudden. But maybe he's doing some of his magic (Elite 2 was a HUGE game, and it fitted in a couple 720 KBytes disks, if I recall correctly).