Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on July 15, 2014, 09:27:20 AM
Having read the New Yorker article and the game manual that Grim Reaper posted - thanks for that, it was really informative - my only question is whether that amazing model of the Milky Way is available for single player or it is just for multiplayer? With 400,000 million star systems in the simulation database, I can see my 1 Terabyte hard disk becoming very small all of a sudden. But maybe he's doing some of his magic (Elite 2 was a HUGE game, and it fitted in a couple 720 KBytes disks, if I recall correctly).

Both. Single player is just the same universe with all other player characters barred. The program generates the same way (systems are procedurally generated)
We will see. I'm kind if nervous that they have only opened up about eight systems. Maybe just for bug checking
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: mikeck on July 15, 2014, 10:41:00 AM
Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on July 15, 2014, 09:27:20 AM
Having read the New Yorker article and the game manual that Grim Reaper posted - thanks for that, it was really informative - my only question is whether that amazing model of the Milky Way is available for single player or it is just for multiplayer? With 400,000 million star systems in the simulation database, I can see my 1 Terabyte hard disk becoming very small all of a sudden. But maybe he's doing some of his magic (Elite 2 was a HUGE game, and it fitted in a couple 720 KBytes disks, if I recall correctly).

Both. Single player is just the same universe with all other player characters barred. The program generates the same way (systems are procedurally generated)
We will see. I'm kind if nervous that they have only opened up about eight systems. Maybe just for bug checking

Wow. Just wow. This is one game which can be played for generations, literally.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 14, 2014, 10:29:16 PM
was it Prada or Armani?

Ask the guy sorting through the wreckage of my former ship.   :'(

I actually had found some random clothing containers floating about, so I thought I'd had some good fortune for some free cargo.  Ah well. 

I just hope I did enough damage to him to make his adventure less profitable.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

well, when one of you guys gets a space station going let me know.  Gus and I are going to open a strip club.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 15, 2014, 09:34:52 PM
well, when one of you guys gets a space station going let me know.  Gus and I are going to open a strip club.

I'm in.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

Name has now been changed to JudgeDredd - whoop whoop.

I guess alot of people might see that as a reason to destroy me though  ::)
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 16, 2014, 04:29:32 AM
Name has now been changed to JudgeDredd - whoop whoop.

I guess alot of people might see that as a reason to destroy me though  ::)

I'll be looking for you now:). I will be the ship that is flying out of control and being shot down by everyone else, so I won't be hard to miss:). I also got confirmation last night that my commander name was accepted, grim.reaper.

JudgeDredd

So the Grim Reaper is flying about in a universe policed by Judge Dredd....cool!  ;D
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

when you say policed..............  spiralling out of control with your ass on fire i would imagine is more appropriate

Jarhead0331

My commander name was updated too. Although I'm happy, I do miss my old moniker. I thought Backer #543672 had a nice ring to it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

I didn't say "policed well"  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

We'll need a name for the strip club.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

I requested "MikeCK". We will see if I get it. Last couple of places it's been taken...which is a bit odd. Maybe i have a stalker?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat