Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 01, 2014, 10:02:40 AM
I get interdicted PLENTY! >:(

By players or NPCs? 

Supposedly only NPC's can interdict, and you can't avoid them...yet.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

ah - OK. I have no idea!

I just get beat up mostly!

In that case, I can't WAIT until players can do so also! Going from one place to another will be a dream (not!)
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 01, 2014, 10:07:43 AM
ah - OK. I have no idea!

I just get beat up mostly!

In that case, I can't WAIT until players can do so also! Going from one place to another will be a dream (not!)

Yeah, with the current system I can imagine player interdictions are going to happen a lot once it goes live.  Hopefully they'll put in some good ways of avoiding player pirates. 

Of course we can just play solo, but I do like the experience of having to deal with the threat of live player pirates.  There apparently is an ignore system for dealing with griefers who will do nothing but pick on newbies for nothing but the giggles.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Now I'm pissed.  I flew to the distress signal, joined the Eradini faction and entered combat. I flew for about an hour and got 40 kills and each time it said I received 350 CR bounty for destroying a federal ship. I get back to base and I haven't earned a God damn cent. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 01, 2014, 07:50:44 PM
Now I'm pissed.  I flew to the distress signal, joined the Eradini faction and entered combat. I flew for about an hour and got 40 kills and each time it said I received 350 CR bounty for destroying a federal ship. I get back to base and I haven't earned a God damn cent. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

Apparently, since Beta 1, you have to turn in Vouchers.  I haven't tried this yet, so I will experiment tonight. 

For the glorious People's Republic of Eranin!  Power to the people!

SirAndrewD

Ok, here's how it goes. 

Head to the distress signal.  Choose Eranin.  Kill Capitalist Federal Scum. 

Survive.  This is important.  If you die, you get nothing. 

Head back to Azeban Station.  Dock.  Go to the local security office and redeem your Federal kill vouchers.  Profit. 

Glory to the People's Republic.  Redistribute your wealth accordingly. 

Jarhead0331

I have serious problems fighting for commies...

...yeah, I discovered the whole voucher system. In what s obviously a digital age, I do not see the point. Before I figured this out, I was killed in a collision and lost everything, really, really pissed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 01, 2014, 07:50:44 PM

Wow, 40 kills in an hour, pretty impressive....I will stay away from you online since I haven't mastered how to stay alive myself:)

undercovergeek

Had 30 mins spare last night to switch off engines, float and figure out controls.....

I'm not complaining but is there really no tutorial on what or why you should be doing anything..... just get out there and fathom it for yourself?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2014, 05:55:31 AM
Had 30 mins spare last night to switch off engines, float and figure out controls.....

I'm not complaining but is there really no tutorial on what or why you should be doing anything..... just get out there and fathom it for yourself?

Yep, no tutorial yet and not sure there will be one in the end product either.  There is a couple of manuals that could help you.  Gives you some decent context about your ship and then second guide gives you some overall decent game stuff.  Better than nothing:)

http://www.elitedangerous.com/about/guide (quick start guide)
http://elite.frontier.co.uk/downloads/Sidewinder_Owners_Manual_WIP.pdf
http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19891

undercovergeek

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 02, 2014, 05:20:36 AM
I have serious problems fighting for commies...

...yeah, I discovered the whole voucher system. In what s obviously a digital age, I do not see the point. Before I figured this out, I was killed in a collision and lost everything, really, really pissed.

I appreciate the irony of a bunch of space commies hiring money grubbing capitalist mercenaries like myself to fight their war for them. 

I'll kill either side as long as there's a paycheck in it.   >:D

I don't really like the voucher system either, but I think it was implemented as a balance.  Prior to the vouchers, the Federal distress signal was practically an exploit.  You could take the starter Sidewinder, fly out there, kill to your hearts content and just keep trucking until you died.  You could then take your free Sidewinder and head back out.  There was zero risk and infinite reward.

I'm not sure the voucher system is the exact answer, especially as easy as it is to die accidentally, but they did need something to close that loophole.

undercovergeek

you guys got any tips on not over shooting when in super cruise?