Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2014, 09:59:04 AM
you guys got any tips on not over shooting when in super cruise?

Yes. Look to the left side of your console. There is a gauge that shows you your speed and where you should be in order to not overshoot. There is also a gauge that shows when you should come out of frameshift.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

ah thanks JH ill look out for that next time

Cougar_DK

Have any of you figured out how to remove a key mapping from the control section in the options?
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Cougar_DK on August 03, 2014, 09:09:52 AM
Have any of you figured out how to remove a key mapping from the control section in the options?

Select the key mapping you want to remove, then press the ESC when selected....it will remove the mapping.

Jarhead0331

I recently upgraded to an Eagle MK. II.  I was initially concerned about sacrificing the durability of the sidewinder for more maneuverability and speed, but so far I haven't regretted it. I've only flown one sortie since I bought the Eagle, but for 18 kills, I was barely touched. My shields never flickered and I found it was much easier to avoid those deadly head to head collisions.

Any of you guys moved on from the Sidewinder? The obvious move is to save up for a cobra, but I've heard upgrading to reinforced alloy on an Eagle is an attractive option, especially if you plan on mostly flying combat ops and not engaging in any trading/merchant activity.  Also, is the Viper flyable yet? Seems like another good option between the Eagle and Cobra.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

JH - where are you actually going to engage in combat - peacefully tooling along learning the ropes i havent been set upon yet and i thought i would be?

ok, so ive 'mastered' hyper space, super cruise, not overshooting, docking and landing at the birth - phew, and thoroughly enjoyed it i hasten to add - stick arrives tomorrow

bought some cargo jumped back to Azerban and then got blasted by security for a previous 'what happens if i shoot at the space station' crime  :D

is there a completely restart career option  8)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 03, 2014, 10:26:22 AM
JH - where are you actually going to engage in combat - peacefully tooling along learning the ropes i havent been set upon yet and i thought i would be?

ok, so ive 'mastered' hyper space, super cruise, not overshooting, docking and landing at the birth - phew, and thoroughly enjoyed it i hasten to add - stick arrives tomorrow

bought some cargo jumped back to Azerban and then got blasted by security for a previous 'what happens if i shoot at the space station' crime  :D

For quick action, I usually fly to the Federal Distress Beacon. It is located near Eranin 2. Once there, I join the Eranin faction and hunt Federal Security Fighters for a 350CR bounty per kill.  Once I feel I have a well equipped vessel, I'll probably check out one of the high intensity conflict zones.

You can start a new career from the main menu loading options.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 03, 2014, 10:35:27 AM

For quick action, I usually fly to the Federal Distress Beacon. It is located near Eranin 2. Once there, I join the Eranin faction and hunt Federal Security Fighters for a 350CR bounty per kill.  Once I feel I have a well equipped vessel, I'll probably check out one of the high intensity conflict zones.

JH - you referring to the "clear save" option for starting a new career?  If so, does yours actually work?  I have tried that many times and all my stats remain the same.  I am also not sure which save it would be clearing, whether my online game or my solo game, unless they are one of the same from a save standpoint.  I also saw other folks on the forum appearing to have the same issue.

If that is what your not meaning, how specifically are you starting over?  Thanks!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 03, 2014, 10:41:55 AM

JH - you referring to the "clear save" option for starting a new career?  If so, does yours actually work?  I have tried that many times and all my stats remain the same.  I am also not sure which save it would be clearing, whether my online game or my solo game, unless they are one of the same from a save standpoint.  I also saw other folks on the forum appearing to have the same issue.

If that is what your not meaning, how specifically are you starting over?  Thanks!

That is what I am referring to, but I have never felt the need to use it. I did not know there were issues with it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mikeck

I haven't touched this game in about four weeks just not in the mood but and thinking of picking it up again.

Are any of you playing in the single player mode or just multiplayer?

Also I heard now there were over 50 systems?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 03, 2014, 10:50:26 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 03, 2014, 10:41:55 AM

That is what I am referring to, but I have never felt the need to use it. I did not know there were issues with it.

Ok, thanks...just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on August 03, 2014, 11:06:57 AM
I haven't touched this game in about four weeks just not in the mood but and thinking of picking it up again.

Are any of you playing in the single player mode or just multiplayer?

Also I heard now there were over 50 systems?

I play online solo (single player) exclusively.  I believe there are 55 or 56 star systems in game at present.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

The solo and multiplayer are pretty much identical now.  The ability of players to attack you while leaving the station has been essentially eliminated in civilized systems due to police presence, so any PvP is currently voluntary. 

Once player interdictions are implemented I may be tempted to go solo depending on the amount of griefing that will occur. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Cougar_DK

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 03, 2014, 09:53:17 AM
Quote from: Cougar_DK on August 03, 2014, 09:09:52 AM

Select the key mapping you want to remove, then press the ESC when selected....it will remove the mapping.

Thanks GR O0
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Cougar_DK

I only play solo and still riding my little Sidewinder as a trade vessel. It takes some time but I make around 1200 per trip so I soon have money for a bigger ship, looking at the Hauler to make more money per ride.

Is it possible to have more than one, i.e. have a ship for fighting and another for trading and then shift between them as I please?