Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 03, 2014, 09:24:35 PM
>:D
Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 03, 2014, 09:15:03 PM
Well, never mind my statement of not getting griefed around a station.  Apparently a player Commander Spindal managed to take me out while INSIDE Azeban station.  I don't quite know how he accomplished that, but that wiped out quite a bit of progress for the evening.

What would he gain by doing that? It's a crime that ultimately probably led to his destruction from the local law enforcement response and what would he gain from killing you? Unless you had a large bounty on your head...

I don't even know.  My bounty status was clean, and I can only imagine he died not long after I did.  Perhaps he was enticed by my low hull status from getting jumped by an NPC on my way in.

Perhaps it was just good old fashioned griefing.  I didn't even have any cargo.  I would've responded, but I thought the station had bugged somehow and was attacking me.  My surprise as he whizzed by me INSIDE the station right as I died. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Cougar_DK

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 03, 2014, 06:14:15 PM

Is anybody operating out of any station other than Azeban City? I find Azeban City to be getting old.  Not a lot of options in terms of outfitting your ship. No missile launchers, no cannons, etc. I;ve heard talk about I Boote, but that place is really damn far away. Anything else, closer to Eranin territory?

Isn' I boote right next to Eranin? The dock 'Chango Dock' has more ships and as i remember more weapons. Will check it asap.

There are a lot of different weapons. And I Boote is around the same number of ly as Eranin 2. I'm pretty sure you can find some cool weapons there. And its very peaceful around Chango Dock   :)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Jarhead0331

I'll try to find Chango. Next time I boot up.

I was unable to reach I boote from Eranin 2. I did not have enough fuel. Perhaps I was depleted from having come from Azeban...I'll try that again too.

Question...I've killed about 200 federal fighters in the distress zone...If I fly into federal space, will I be marked as an enemy and hunted?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 04, 2014, 05:58:18 AM
I'll try to find Chango. Next time I boot up.

I was unable to reach I boote from Eranin 2. I did not have enough fuel. Perhaps I was depleted from having come from Azeban...I'll try that again too.

Question...I've killed about 200 federal fighters in the distress zone...If I fly into federal space, will I be marked as an enemy and hunted?
You're always marked, JH!  ;D
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

After my bizzare death last night, costing me quite a bit of cash in Pirate bounties, I did a little digging on the Elite forums.  Apparently lying in wait right outside a busy station and blasting damaged ships as they're slowing down and making entry through the hangar is a thing.  I'm apparently not the only one this has happened to.  Supposedly this is being done because it makes for quick and easy targets.  No real benefit to the people doing it, it's just to grief.  They're using starter ships and tend to just respawn and repeat.

I guess to be better safe than sorry, if there are player ships loitering in weapons range the entry to the station, one should use horizontal thrusters right after entering the slot so there's no clear line of fire. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

That can happen even if the player is playing a strictly SP game?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on August 04, 2014, 12:47:04 PM
That can happen even if the player is playing a strictly SP game?

No.  That's only something to worry about in Open Play. 

Right now the police response in a station's no fire zone isn't quite fast enough to keep griefers at bay, especially if they catch you right in the slot and already damaged.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

will you not be partaking of the MP Gus?

Gusington

I generally don't like MP because I hate most people and shenanigans as described above. If that sort of thing is eliminated then I'll try it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on August 04, 2014, 01:42:10 PM
I generally don't like MP because I hate most people and shenanigans as described above. If that sort of thing is eliminated then I'll try it.

This is why I'm trying MP in the Beta.  I'm leaning heavily towards SP only once Gamma launches.

Gusington

Well it doesnt sound like there is any shortage of.things to do, SP or MP.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I'm loving SP. Have no desire to try MP.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Cougar_DK

-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

mikeck

I tried MP...sucks. Bunch of grieving and attaching when you are longing
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson