Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Your autocorrect has befuddled me again. But I am happy to see that most of you guys are playing in SP.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

Whats the SP like? Is it still the full game but without other players? Is there AI ships flying around in both modes?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Kushan on August 04, 2014, 07:05:18 PM
Whats the SP like? Is it still the full game but without other players? Is there AI ships flying around in both modes?

No. In SP, its just you and a vast expanse of empty space...

Just kidding. OF COURSE there are AI ships.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

I feel the odd man out playing MP. 

I'm increasingly seeing the futility of it however.  I was hoping for a more mature player base that didn't just try to kill PC's for no other reason than to do so, even if it's detrimental to their interests.  My hopes so far are being dashed.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

undercovergeek

Mp is all I've played so far.... no particular reason other than being part of the big picture.... I be played 5 hours and haven't fired or been fired upon yet

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 04, 2014, 08:24:53 PM
I feel the odd man out playing MP. 

I'm increasingly seeing the futility of it however.  I was hoping for a more mature player base that didn't just try to kill PC's for no other reason than to do so, even if it's detrimental to their interests.  My hopes so far are being dashed.

As long as it doesn't devolve into camping choke points, or some highly bullshitted over-complicated mechanics that devolve into sitting for long periods of real life time waiting for the baddies, or random passers by, to man up and go across the chokepoint, PVP will be fine.

undercovergeek

came across 5 or 6 guys today just doing their trading, heading from a - b, no animosity, one guy sent a message with what he was carrying and what the prices were - all very friendly

used the stick for the first time today - something happened that i didnt expect, although the mouse and keyboard were fine, it didnt feel like i was flying my ship, it felt like i was using tools to move something around on screen, but with the stick - its my ship, im in it and im flying it, docking and landing feel awesome - cant explain why, it just feels great, breaking through the blue haze of the entry port and seeing the inside and then finding your bay, and the music change - its just great

not doing much at the mo, just haulin' fruit and veg to Beagle and bringing back tech to Azerban, going to note some prices as ive seen the hauler at 22k - i need some more sexy products to shift

all in all - awesome

Gusington

Is there any better way to get a career going besides trading?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

follow the JH method, tool up and head to the distress signals

JudgeDredd

^ I need to do that - get some credits. I've been bored flying around trying to eeek a living and failing miserably on cargo sales
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I added you as a friend btw JH.

Anyone who wants to add me in game, it's JudgeDredd  8)
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

not meant in the slightest way negatively - but what does that add? - does it make me join the same server as you if youre on?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 05, 2014, 08:29:22 AM
follow the JH method, tool up and head to the distress signals

Indeed. Tooling up helps, but it isn't even necessary. I was very successful in the distress signal zone with the free sidewinder you get when you start the game. So long as you side with the Eranin and hunt the federals, you'll make steady progress. After three or four sorties I was able to afford an eagle. Another two sorties and I had her equipped with some serious lasers. I'm now operating an Eagle armed with two Burst Lasers under the wing mounts and a Pulse Laser mounted on the top turret. I can run all three without losing power to life support. The combo runs out of power pretty quickly, but tears down shields and hulls. I would say I got about 22 kills last night with this weapon combo in under 30 minutes.

My plan is to shop around for either a Viper or Cobra, new classes of weapons, or maybe even upgrade my Eagle to reinforced hull armor. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 05, 2014, 08:33:41 AM
I added you as a friend btw JH.

Anyone who wants to add me in game, it's JudgeDredd  8)

Hey cool! Didn't even know you could do that. I'll check in tonight when I get home. Is there a way in game to locate your friends and find out where in the universe they are?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog