Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Con on August 06, 2014, 07:54:17 AM
Quote from: RooksBailey on August 06, 2014, 01:59:07 AM
Apparently a lot of people are now searching for joysticks to play Elite Dangerous with, so PC Gamer just posted a review of all your options:

The best PC joysticks

When I jump on the E:D bandwagon, I will probably go with the Thrustmaster HOTAS X.  That will be the first stick I have purchased in...a decade?

Thanks for the link

I too have not used a joystick in over a decade and my last one was a logitech cheapo one (that I threw out over 5 years ago because it was just gathering dust and taking up space) so its interesting to see how they have evolved.  I am thinking the Thrustmaster X HOTAS as well just becuase I dont want to drop the money on something I dont know if I will use enough.

Interestingly though there was no review of the Saitek X52, anyone here use this stick and what do they think of it?  It sort of bridges the gap price point wise between the Thrustmaster and the more expensive ones

Thanks
Con

i just got the thrustmaster one - i dont honestly think youll need anymore than that - i prefer the keyboard to the actual throttle control but everything else is awesome

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Con on August 06, 2014, 07:54:17 AM

Interestingly though there was no review of the Saitek X52, anyone here use this stick and what do they think of it?  It sort of bridges the gap price point wise between the Thrustmaster and the more expensive ones

Thanks
Con

I used the X52 for years. It replaced my Sidewinder Pro. It was a sturdy, trustworthy HOTAS and I always liked the button placement and feel. I recently gave it away to DoctorQuest and replaced it with the X55 Rhino.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

"I've melted a few times due to boost combined with slow charging the drive. Problem is, the heatsink launcher adds weight and reduces your hyperspace range too"

you can melt? lol

undercovergeek

retail price index!

i think you need to have the game up and running for it to work

http://www.oisltest.com/DM/BPC/

Yskonyn

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 06, 2014, 05:48:35 AMIt does feel weird sometimes wearing a hat with the sensor as you are sitting in front of your monitor playing a game:)

You don't have to. Use the TrackClip Pro (which I would recommend anyone to get in any case) and attach that to your headset (Assuming you use one).
I am always using a headset anyway so it not less natural in this case to use the TIR as well.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

mmm...anyone else getting an error logging in?

"Unexpected response from server : BadRequest"

** FIXED **
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33298
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on August 09, 2014, 03:54:24 PM
Just pre-ordered for 50.00.

Just $25 more and you can have access now:)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 09, 2014, 04:28:27 PM

** FIXED **

Yeah, yesterday I saw the message about needing to update the launcher...they just do it in the news section versus how they show it more pronounced when an actual game update comes out...they probably should make it more obvious.

Gusington

75.00 is just too high for me. The beta will be over soon anyway won't it? Full release imminent?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 09, 2014, 04:28:27 PM

** FIXED **

I got it too, but then I updated my launcher and there were no problems at all. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on August 09, 2014, 07:49:58 PM
75.00 is just too high for me. The beta will be over soon anyway won't it? Full release imminent?

No release date besides sometime  in 2014....based on current status and timing, I am thinking a December holiday release...but purely a guess.

Gusington

I can wait...I've waited longer for less!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 09, 2014, 08:48:08 PM
I can wait...I've waited longer for less!

You're missing out. Its awesome and totally worth the extra $25.  Why even pre-order if you're going to wait for release?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18