Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Note to self...hitting escape to the menu does NOT pause the game. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Is there an external view? I can't seem to find one...I'd like to see my wee baby sailing along sometimes
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Oh MAN!

So I went to the distress zone and kill some stuff and when finished or damaged I've been going back and not reparing - becaue I thought I read somewhere in this thread that you shouldn't repair - just keep killin and dyin...so I did - and I took a free sidewinder and lost all my kills and "vouchers" for credits!  >:(
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 01, 2014, 10:11:17 PM
Ok, here's how it goes. 

Head to the distress signal.  Choose Eranin.  Kill Capitalist Federal Scum. 

Survive.  This is important.  If you die, you get nothing. 

Head back to Azeban Station.  Dock.  Go to the local security office and redeem your Federal kill vouchers.  Profit. 

Glory to the People's Republic.  Redistribute your wealth accordingly.
Aaahhh...BUGGER!
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 10, 2014, 02:10:03 AM
Is there an external view? I can't seem to find one...I'd like to see my wee baby sailing along sometimes

Nope....I also wish they had this.  They are selling the additional paint jobs but can't see the value of getting them if no constant external view.  You can see other player's external views as they fly near you so to buy the paint for them to enjoy seems not worth it yet.  But maybe they add full external views before release.

JudgeDredd

Question

I just died in the Federal Distress Zone again...(AGAIN!)

If I pay the more expensive 1600, do I get to keep all my vouchers for kills? Or will I lose everything anyway?
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 09, 2014, 11:36:52 PM
Note to self...hitting escape to the menu does NOT pause the game. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmfao..... I had this, escape, go to toilet, take a phone call, return to the you've been destroyed screen

They've said they're not doing it..... too much potential for cheating

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 10, 2014, 04:10:41 AM

Lmfao..... I had this, escape, go to toilet, take a phone call, return to the you've been destroyed screen

Really?  What kind of cheating happens from seeing external views?  Never heard that used as a cheat before, but maybe I have missed something.

JudgeDredd

I can go without...just sometimes it seems your missing the beauty of your ship flying through space - or into dock.

Having said that, keeping it in cockpit view does help with immersion
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Well, I can confirm after buying my "insured" Sidewinder for 1600 that you DO NOT get to keep your vouchers that you haven't cashed in

I've just blown 1600 credits, PLUS what I lost when killed PLUS the previous turn

No bloody wonder I'm still in a Sidewinder with 127 credits to my name!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 10, 2014, 04:14:32 AM

Really?  What kind of cheating happens from seeing external views?  Never heard that used as a cheat before, but maybe I have missed something.

where could that sneaky enemy be? behind me? underneath me? doing a maverick and goose and upside down above me?

ill switch to external view and find out where they are before targetting my lasers on them

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 10, 2014, 05:12:19 AM
Well, I can confirm after buying my "insured" Sidewinder for 1600 that you DO NOT get to keep your vouchers that you haven't cashed in

I've just blown 1600 credits, PLUS what I lost when killed PLUS the previous turn

No bloody wonder I'm still in a Sidewinder with 127 credits to my name!

back to square 1?

cancel save and start again?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 10, 2014, 05:18:35 AM

where could that sneaky enemy be? behind me? underneath me? doing a maverick and goose and upside down above me?

ill switch to external view and find out where they are before targetting my lasers on them

Gotcha...thanks

Staggerwing

But if minivans can have displays connected to cameras facing backwards out their arse why can't future spacecraft? Just add a few more cameras to the sides, top and bottom, and you have the same thing as movable external views (just w/out any selfie opportunities).

For that matter current fighter helmet display tech can let you look through the floor of your jet using the various sensors.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Great Ajax

It is the same reason why I can't play War Thunder in arcade mode.  If you use the external view, you have unparalleled situation awareness.  To be good at dogfighting, you have to master situational awareness, know the capabilities of your ship and the enemies ships and anticipate their maneuvers.  Using the cockpit view would be a death sentence as you lock your field your view.  In order to be competitive, everyone would have to use external view.

Trey