Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

How old are the PCs you guys are running on?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I bought this lot in September last year (2013)

Windows 7 64bit
Monitor - Iiyama Prolite X2377HDS 23" IPS Panel LED HDMI Monitor
Intel Core i5 4670K 3.40GHz Socket 1150 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Asus Z87-K Socket 1150 HDMI DVI D-Sub 8-Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
SanDisk 120GB Extreme SSD - 2.5" SATA-III - Read 550MB/s Write 510MB/s
Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache
Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Genesis Plug N Play Memory Kit CL9 1.5V
MSI HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Mine is a year or two old.....

Windows 8.1
3770k Processor
16 GB of RAM
ATI R9 270x Video Card (2GB of RAM)

undercovergeek

im on 16 months old with

Win 7 64
I5 3570 @ 3.4ghz
8gb ram
Geforce GTX 660

all on high - not a problem at all

mikeck

I use a 6 (maybe older) year old Logitech and it works fine. I'm a single player guy though so I don't have to deal with that guy with the occular gear, 3 screens and a chair with HOTAS attachments and yaw petals
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Thanks guys...my machine is almost 3 years old with Win 7, 4 GB RAM and a NVidia GeForce 560 GTX...sounds like I will be ok.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

1 year old

Win 7 64bit
Intel i-7-4820k 3.7Ghz
16 gb ram
Nvidia Titan
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

undercovergeek

Wtf? Isn't the titan one of those 1000 pound bad boys?

Good skills

SirAndrewD

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 10, 2014, 04:07:01 PM
Wtf? Isn't the titan one of those 1000 pound bad boys?

Good skills

Yeah.  I didn't pay exactly that for it. I ran into some luck that made building that computer surprisingly cheaper than the specs indicate. 

It certainly makes everything run smoothly. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 09, 2014, 11:36:52 PM
Note to self...hitting escape to the menu does NOT pause the game. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first got the game I was trying to dock. I was lined up and ready to go. I went to the menu thinking it would pause....wanted to see which key I assigned to my landing gear. As I returned to the game, I was smashing into every object and ship imaginable inside the station and various things shot at me
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on August 10, 2014, 02:52:29 PM
Thanks guys...my machine is almost 3 years old with Win 7, 4 GB RAM and a NVidia GeForce 560 GTX...sounds like I will be ok.

You will be fine. I have a mid- range rig and I have no issues. It seems pretty well optimized and the whole "space is big and empty" thing means that there aren't a lot of things to render (except asteroids if you are in rings)

Gusington

I hope so...I have been waiting for a game like this forever. Want it to run well.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

ooooooohhhhh

if thats what you guys are playing on then I cant wait for the release.  ^-^
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

after the pain in the ass it was to get right?  fuck ya!

Win7 64bit OEM
AMD Vishera 8350 8 core @ 4.2 mhz
Sabertooth 990fx R2 MB
480 GB Seagate SSD  <---  love this little badass!
ATI R9 270 GPU
16 gigs of crazy Corsair low latency shit.

Bring it bitches!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.