Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

That is a rather dashing machine...bastard.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Thank you!

I bled for it.  quite literally.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Just flew to Beagle's Landing to buy my new Viper Mk.III.  It wasn't easy to trade in my Eagle...she was a great ship.  The Viper is kicka$$ though. Very fast (cruises at about 260)  and potential for some serious firepower with two class 2 hardpoints and two class 4 hardpoints.  I'm only used to fighting with pulse and burst lasers, but Beagle's Landing has such a great selection of weaponry...rail guns, multi-barrell cannons, missile launchers, beam lasers, etc. I need to do some research on what is the best combo, also, I need to learn about the Viper's power capabilities (or limitations).  I've only have 2 pulse lasers mounted right now, but I flew back to Eranin space to raise some funds in the Federal Distress zone. Once I get this ship outfitted to my satisfaction, I may keep it through the rest of the beta, at least until they do another wipe...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

L9 freighter (my ultimate goal) takes down an anaconda

pics not vid

http://imgur.com/a/3Q7aa?gallery#0

Jarhead0331

I can't fathom how people are generating that much money. That guy has close to 3,000,000 in the bank. I thought I was doing reasonably well earning close to 20,000 per sortie into the distress zone, but at those numbers, I'll never be able to generate that kind of revenue. What's the trick? Is there that much profit in trade?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Well with a cargo hold that size, he's making a profit...it's not worth it on the 4 slots you have in the Sidewinder...which I think is VERY poor.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 11, 2014, 10:00:30 AM
I can't fathom how people are generating that much money. That guy has close to 3,000,000 in the bank. I thought I was doing reasonably well earning close to 20,000 per sortie into the distress zone, but at those numbers, I'll never be able to generate that kind of revenue. What's the trick? Is there that much profit in trade?

with the right trade run, an L9 can make 650000 a trip apparently

and in an L6, about 75000 a run

right planet, right commodities - theres all kinds of trade runs been posted out there

but I imagine when gamma/full release hits its not going to be that easy

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 11, 2014, 10:09:27 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 11, 2014, 10:00:30 AM

with the right trade run, an L9 can make 650000 a trip apparently

and in an L6, about 75000 a run

right planet, right commodities - theres all kinds of trade runs been posted out there

but I imagine when gamma/full release hits its not going to be that easy

Wow. I need to start thinking bigger.  I've been happy making a modest living hunting Federals, but I've dumped hours into the game and destroyed damn near 500 Federal ships and I'll be lucky if I've cleared $150,000. That was a lot of time and effort for not much of a return when considering the above trade profits.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

i suppose it depends what you want from the game, or what career path you want to take

im certainly happy to be a trader, im looking into the black market and illegal trades at the mo and getting as much info as possible, then exploring the stars!

Gusington

I typically head for my bunker when JH mentions it's time to think bigger.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Man I am so fed the f*ck up of being crashed into and losing all my kill vouchers!. I had full shields, full health, everything was cool...last ship in the Federal Distress Zone and I get rammed and killed!

About 20 kills down the tube.

And that isn't the first time tonight!!  >:(

I think I've lost in excess of 40 kills tonight. 3 from just being swarmed and 2 from being rammed. I've had a new Sidewinder 5 times tonight!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

And another ramming! FFS!

That's me for the night. Too bloody frustrated for anymore.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

And then I get 10 kills and head home.

Some of these Federation fighters seem to be considerably more "jinky" than others.

Anyway 14,000 credits and on my way to an Eagle.

Question - when you get the Eagle - if you lose it, do you get offered a free basic Eagle (like the Sidewinder) or do you get offered the free Sidewinder and the insured purchase of your last Eagle?

I don't want to buy an Eagle, lose it (which I likely will) and then end up with a Sidewinder again and lose the 16,000 credits!

Ta
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

JudgeDredd

ooh....that will hurt. I hope the Eagle is good enough to put up with my crap flying (AND take the stooped occasional head on collision!)

I presume you can pay the insurance to get the Eagle you just had though?
Alba gu' brath