Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 12, 2014, 03:43:16 AM
lol. It will be a major frustration to anyone who leaves Azeban, goes to the Federal Distress Zone, gets 20 kills and is then rammed...twice. It'll definitely frustrate you then.

But as JH said, the game just feels superb. I love docking - though I wish they'd make it easier to find the entrance to the stations. Quite often I'm spending upwards of 5 minutes going round looking for the entrance.

I really wish I could get on with TrackIR.

Track IR really makes a difference.  I love it.  For what it's worth, there's a lot of DIY guides on the Elite Forums to make a Track IR alternative while not spending a lot on Track IR 5.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

jomni

Damn it! I may just buy this during the weekend!

undercovergeek

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437

someone has a written a guide to everything in the cockpit, and what it all does, how to fly, and how to fight, dock, trade, buy, sell.......... err well everything  :D - lots of tips and handy hints

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

im still not entirely sure this is right, but if it is then im in awe of the game more than i was already

people are reporting price crashes in certain commodities they were dealing in, the reason? because a huge number of posters have stated, i take XXX from XXX to XXX and earn a fortune, everyone then starts working this route and the global, ummm galaxial price adjusts itself

theres a single, market economy across the whole game???

SirAndrewD

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 13, 2014, 10:29:06 AM
im still not entirely sure this is right, but if it is then im in awe of the game more than i was already

people are reporting price crashes in certain commodities they were dealing in, the reason? because a huge number of posters have stated, i take XXX from XXX to XXX and earn a fortune, everyone then starts working this route and the global, ummm galaxial price adjusts itself

Yes, the market fluctuates based on supply and demand. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Con

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 13, 2014, 11:48:55 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 13, 2014, 10:29:06 AM

Yes, the market fluctuates based on supply and demand.
Even if you are playing the solo version?

Jarhead0331

The voucher system has to change. I keep getting killed in collisions after having made 30 to 40 kills. This has happened three times since I lost my damn viper. Either change the system, or permit a save...at least during solo play.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

lol - I was just coming on to bitch about the same thing!

I just lost 20+ kills again. I know I was pushing it...but when you haven't received any damage - why would you scuttle home? You stay and run when things are getting hot. So either change the damn voucher system, allow a save or DO NOT allow one impact to kill you. If I had a collision and I took x% damage, I'd know "Right - that's it - lets go"...but with a complete loss of your last 40 minutes and all your vouchers for a single collision - it's ludicrous!  :crazy2:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Well I now have 22,000 credits - enough for an Eagle - but after what happened to JH, I think I might stick with my Sidewinder.

Shame - 'cos it makes making money useless if you're too scared to upgrade
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 13, 2014, 04:18:50 PM
Well I now have 22,000 credits - enough for an Eagle - but after what happened to JH, I think I might stick with my Sidewinder.

Shame - 'cos it makes making money useless if you're too scared to upgrade

The Eagle only costs about 3,000 to replace if you die. If you can manage to keep this kind of a balance, you'll be ok.  The problem with the Viper is it cost over 6,000 to replace, and when I died, I was on my first flight since I bought it so I was very low on funds. I would go ahead and get the Eagle. Its a great ship.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Does the Eagle come with free guns (like the Sidewinder) or do you have to buy new (obviously I know it'd be beneficial to buy new...but maybe not initially)

Thanks JH - I may just do that.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 13, 2014, 04:36:43 PM
Does the Eagle come with free guns (like the Sidewinder) or do you have to buy new (obviously I know it'd be beneficial to buy new...but maybe not initially)

Thanks JH - I may just do that.

I'm pretty sure it comes with at least one loaned pulse laser.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

found out 2 things tonight - flying and trading is awesome

however, im shit at combat!! thought id better at least work out what goes where - booted up the combat scenarios - can i beat the Crimson Triumph?

can i fk - its 12:0 to him so far!!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 13, 2014, 05:23:32 PM
found out 2 things tonight - flying and trading is awesome

however, im shit at combat!! thought id better at least work out what goes where - booted up the combat scenarios - can i beat the Crimson Triumph?

can i fk - its 12:0 to him so far!!

Is that the guy in a Cobra where you have a wingman?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog