Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

i think in your case JD its an external shot of someone carrying the bits of your ship home in a carrier bag - a bit like eric morecombe at the end of each episode, with his mac and brown paper bag, 'JDs pride and joy' written on the side

JudgeDredd

lmao

NPC's. As JH said - the problem is you can be in combat for an hour, collecting vouchers and then BAM! It's all over in one hit! Ship lost. Upgrades lost. Vouchers lost.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

I'm a few grand short of being able to afford a Viper again. I've had a few successful runs without any catastrophes, although the Lord knows, I've had some REALLY close calls. Anyway, I finally hooked up my TrackIR. It definitely helps being able to keep my eye on the enemy, but its going to take some time before I feel really comfortable with it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Let us know how you get on - that could be my next purchase for elite

I had 5 more goes at crimson bollocks last night and beat him every time, so I'm getting there

Have you fought a player yet?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 16, 2014, 03:59:12 AM

Have you fought a player yet?

No. Meet me at the flagpole at Azeban city at 3:00 high.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

JudgeDredd

UCG - I'm using the Trade Tool for Elite Dangerous which allows you to specify certain things and gives you an idea of markup...but I'm wondering...not all the systems are in place - so how do you know what to buy and where to go. There's only a handful of systems, right?

You can make a modest living at best (from what I'm doing) on trade. With only 4 cargo slots (that's a bit disappointing, even for a startup ship in a trade game!) certain products net me 300+ credits per journey.

But - I'll be honest - it's much more satisfying than losing all your vouchers in an hour with a collision!

But I'm wondering about the systems. The Galaxy map shows a fair few systems...but I've wasted quite a bit of fuel travelling to a system only to find nothing is there...or is that not the case? Am I just not looking right? Does every system modelled in the Galaxy have a port? I have to own up to being lost in the galaxy map...and apparently it's not a fraction of the size it's going to be!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

This game is both stunning and incredibly captivating (and with the voucher system infuriating) all at the same time!!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

AFAIK every main system has a port - eranin is azerban, next door is beagle 2, and then chango station at ibootis - i think the main star has the port as opposed to eranin 3 or whatever, easiest thing to do is as soon as you come out of a jump pull up the navigation list and you should see the port in the list

mikeck

If the game engine generation creates 400,000,000,000 stars, I have to believe some systems will end up with nothing but the star and some planets
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

indeed - and now that ive written down the trade prices of 3 planets im wondering how big a book ill need!

JudgeDredd

Did you know about this UCG?

http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

This has netted me 18k credits in about 15 runs. Not a great return - but safe
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Yeah.......... it's cheating  :P

Jarhead0331

Had a tough day...three sorties, two of which ended in collisions resulting in total loss. The third I barely escaped with my life after only taking down 17 ships. So, after expenses, I'm just about even with where  I started. Sometimes I swear the game feels like it gets harder.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

There have been times in the FDS where I've came out of jump and kind of wandered about killing shit without even seemingly being noticed - other times I've been jumped on by a multitude of Fed ships and don't even get a single kill before I'm getting the eject warning!
Alba gu' brath