Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Yeah....I have to deal with combat now until I get enough for a hauler. I want to trade, not just fight sidewinders
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

I want to trade also - but with something that carries more than 4 items!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

theres a hauler for 29k at Freeport and im at 18k - once you get up to 12k ish you can trade in the more lucrative items - on small money you can carry 4 lots of fruit and veg and earn 800, with 10k in the bank you can carry 4 lots of crop harvesters and earn 1200-1600 a run but the markets are changing nearly everyday at the minute

JudgeDredd

DAMN!

My game dropped out from connection and when I went back in, I was at the same place. I jumped to I-Bootis and I can't seem to get away from I-Bootis. It's just not moving and I've been flying ages...so I can align to Chango Dock - and I've got 12k worth of stock on board!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

NM - I set a new location and jumped to that which got me away from I-Bootis. I don't know what that was!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 03, 2014, 03:56:12 AM
NM - I set a new location and jumped to that which got me away from I-Bootis. I don't know what that was!

were you stuck in a hyperjump tunnel?

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 03, 2014, 04:02:06 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 03, 2014, 03:56:12 AM

were you stuck in a hyperjump tunnel?
I-Bootis just wasn't moving. I was trying to get to Chango Dock - and it was behind I-Bootis, so I headed off away to avoid the proximity alert and I was looking out my window and it just wasn't moving...no closer, no further away. In the end I selected a Nav Beacon to jump to then jumped out and jumped to Chango

Never seen it before. I also didn't have enough fuel to jump back to Eranin...so I was getting a bit worried I'd lose my 12k of cargo!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

yeah this happened to me the other night - its the proximity to the planet that slows your supercruise to almost a normal speed and it looks like youre not moving

sandman2575

JudgeDredd

Question about the star system...

I bought some Tea (being British and all) and I wanted to head to H Draconis to sell it...but I get a message when I attempt to jump saying "Jump Exceeds Drive Fuel use limit of 0.80 tons"

How do I therefore get to that system?
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 06, 2014, 04:12:20 AM
Question about the star system...

I bought some Tea (being British and all) and I wanted to head to H Draconis to sell it...but I get a message when I attempt to jump saying "Jump Exceeds Drive Fuel use limit of 0.80 tons"

How do I therefore get to that system?

with less cargo or a better ship - where are you jumping from?

undercovergeek

It starts - guilds  >:(

i like that its possible, i like that people will use it, i like that others wil turn up in big bad ships and kill them

i dont like my combat skills so ill stay away from freeport

"Hello Commanders!

I would like to inform you all of the new Freeport Tax and Protection Services outfit based at Freeport, LP 98-132.

Freeport has become a dangerous place to travel lately. On arrival at the station you can expect to be viciously attacked without warning from a number of foes.

However! There may be a solution on the horizon:

On arrival at Freeport you will be contacted by one of the FTPS agents informing you of the requirement to pay service tax. Please keep all weapons stowed away to avoid unfortunate accidents. You will be made aware that you will have free passage to the station to conduct your business. On departure please be ready to pay the tax for safe passage out of the station. On payment of tax you will receive protection from the FTPS agent(s) until you have frame shifted away. Protection does NOT extend beyond the Freeport station area and only covers you for departure. When arriving at Freeport for further visits you are required to pay departure tax again. Discounts may be applied for repeat custom purely at FTPS discretion.

If you do not comply you will have your shields removed at which point you should come about, face the station and come to a standstill so negotiations can commence. What happens after this point is up to you.

Remember, there are a LOT of undesirables around Freeport, let us save you from them!

Fly safe!"

JudgeDredd

Eranin

I guess the more encompassing question is - are all the systems on the Galaxy map available to travel to and, if so, given the message I received, I have to "hop" to other systems to get closer?

The Galaxy map shows a load of systems - and I've visted about a half a dozen...mainly because I didn't want to waste fuel going to place that had nothing there - like Eranin 5(?)
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

you need to jump to the main star of the system and on arrival open NAV again and youll see the space station to head for, AFAIK at the moment systems only have 1 station so there would be no point going to any other planets in a system if youve already sourced the space station - the mass of planets are all for future dev - landings, factions, exploration and missions

in the map you need to go to 'real map' not the one showing all your trade routes - if you click on the destination and move the cargo slider up to 4 tonnes (or whatever your max is) it will show you where you can reach

similarly if you choose your jump destination before leaving the station it will tell you if youre out of range before you leave the station

this just arrived this morning to decipher the trade map and its brilliant - makes it much clearer