Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Shite.

I've jumped to one too many destinations and I have insufficient fuel to jump anywhere. Worse than that, I am in a system with no station.

What are my options? Suicide?  ::)
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

NM - I used the Distress Beacon and I am now full
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Lol beat me to it

My rule of thumb is always go to the station even without items just so you can refuel

I think you paid top dollar for your tea at eranin

JudgeDredd

I paid top dolla for the fuel!! 675 credits!

Tea I made 1100 on.

On the plus side, as I am exploring now, I'm getting familiar with where I can go etc, etc...now, I thought this game had a lot to offer before I found all these other places!

Saw my first proper space station at Romanenko Estate in Opala! Stunning watching it from the outside...just sitting watching it spin round!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 06, 2014, 06:45:59 AM
Bought my Hauler  ;D

Skills! Should get mine this evening

Emergency fuel is about 100 times the station price

Wait til mining and exploration come in

TacticalWargames

Hows he single player aspect of the game? As I wont be bothering with muliplayer.

mikeck

Quote from: TacticalWargames on September 06, 2014, 10:00:04 AM
Hows he single player aspect of the game? As I wont be bothering with muliplayer.

Is identical MP except all ships are NPC's. I'm not being sarcastic..lol. It uses the same procedural generation and the are universe, economy, Etc.
Solo mode just excludes other players from your game.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

TacticalWargames

Sounds great..really can't be doing with online idiots\griefers.

undercovergeek

Free eagle to all early backers.... to be parked in a space port at your leisure

RooksBailey

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 12, 2014, 01:33:10 PM
Free eagle to all early backers.... to be parked in a space port at your leisure

Yeah, they are offering a good deal!

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=cbbe7b15e6

QuoteWe are announcing today that the price of the final release of Elite: Dangerous will be £39.99 ($59.99 and €49.99).

We are also announcing a special pre-order digital pack, the Elite: Dangerous Mercenary Edition, which is a bonus pre-order game collection loaded with digital extras.

The pack is available on our store today for new customers at a discounted price off the final release of £35.00 ($50 and €40) plus the addition of the Mercenary Pack extras. Anyone who has already pre-ordered the final release version of Elite: Dangerous (including of course Alpha, Premium Beta and Beta participants) will also receive the bonus pre-order collection when the game is released.

Well, now it is a given that I will be pre-ordering this game at some point.  Still plan to wait until the last beta/first gamma though.  I don't want to jump in while the game is still feature incomplete. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

JudgeDredd

This game is more feature complete (and extremely stable) than most releases over the last few years!  :)
Alba gu' brath

sandman2575

Quote from: RooksBailey on September 12, 2014, 01:46:51 PM
Well, now it is a given that I will be pre-ordering this game at some point.

+1 

I was counting on the $50 price, but now that we hear the price will go up on release, I'm definitely pre-ordering as well.

JudgeDredd

I can't see a free eagle...all I see is a cost :-(
NM - being an idiot  :D
Alba gu' brath