Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

I spent $100 on Train Simulator during the weekend which I don't regret. But I'm was wondering why didn't I spend the money on this instead?  :uglystupid2:

Toonces

Meh.  You can't take it with you....I say get both!   :D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

Toonces

Ok, if you see a Commander Toonces flying around online, don't shoot....it's just me.

You might want to give me some space, though.  I don't necessarily drive so good.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Man, what a fantastic looking game!  I can see how this is going to be a major time-sink in the near future.  With the TrackIR set up it is just awesome.

I'm going to need to read the manual, though.  While I did successfully figure out how to dock at Azerbijan (or however it's spelled), I don't understand a lot of what's going on in my ship.

Great call, Jarhead!   O0

Toonces

What do you think...

Commander Toonces
or
Commander Toonces T. D. Cat
?

???

Ok, I'm done replying to myself for the evening.   ::)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Quote from: Toonces on September 21, 2014, 10:09:36 PM
Meh.  You can't take it with you....I say get both!   :D

Man, you guys are gonna feel stupid when you're at the pearly gates and don't have enough for the registration fee
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

i think most of us here arent going 'upstairs'

and its about time Toonces, ask away if you need any beginner help

Jarhead0331

Wow! Did you hear Faulcon DeLacy has slashed the price of the Cobra MK III by 50%! That comes to around 86,000 credits and they are offering full trade-in value for any ship! This is a great deal. I may have to part with my Viper.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 22, 2014, 01:55:58 PM
Wow! Did you hear Faulcon DeLacy has slashed the price of the Cobra MK III by 50%! That comes to around 86,000 credits and they are offering full trade-in value for any ship! This is a great deal. I may have to part with my Viper.

ah is that what the newsletter was?

youve got 8 days!!!

JudgeDredd

UCG - you may have the answer in your globe trotting skills.

I was on LHS 2887. I had a mission to take 1xSynthetic Fabrics to Eranin as part of a mission. On top of that, I took another mission to transport 1xSomething to Ovid.

So I looked at the Galactic map. It showed that with my current payload (2 tonnes?) I could make it to LP 271-25 AND Rakapila. On top of that there was a grey dashed line from Rakapila to Aulin with abroken grey line and the same to I-Bootis and Eranin.

Thing is, I tried a couple of times - got to Rakapila fine but Aulin each time showed out of reached (insufficient fuel). Why am I not reading the map right? The blue lines show current load out - I get that. But the grey lines show on the loadout as per the slider below. Well, the slider below was at 2 - so I thought I could get to Aulin.

Any ideas what the hell I'm doing wrong. I wasted a shed load of time and fuel and eventually ran out of time on both missions and suffered a fine for each. On top of that, when I was in Rakapila for the last time, I pressed the power boost button instead of the button to lower me...and went colliding into the station and dead (again!)

Also - am I right in thinking when the game is released, everyone's progress is going to be wiped? If so - I may just hop around the galaxy rather than trying to get money for another hauler.

Ta
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 22, 2014, 02:47:16 PM
UCG - you may have the answer in your globe trotting skills.

I was on LHS 2887. I had a mission to take 1xSynthetic Fabrics to Eranin as part of a mission. On top of that, I took another mission to transport 1xSomething to Ovid.

So I looked at the Galactic map. It showed that with my current payload (2 tonnes?) I could make it to LP 271-25 AND Rakapila. On top of that there was a grey dashed line from Rakapila to Aulin with abroken grey line and the same to I-Bootis and Eranin.

Thing is, I tried a couple of times - got to Rakapila fine but Aulin each time showed out of reached (insufficient fuel). Why am I not reading the map right? The blue lines show current load out - I get that. But the grey lines show on the loadout as per the slider below. Well, the slider below was at 2 - so I thought I could get to Aulin.

Any ideas what the hell I'm doing wrong. I wasted a shed load of time and fuel and eventually ran out of time on both missions and suffered a fine for each. On top of that, when I was in Rakapila for the last time, I pressed the power boost button instead of the button to lower me...and went colliding into the station and dead (again!)

Also - am I right in thinking when the game is released, everyone's progress is going to be wiped? If so - I may just hop around the galaxy rather than trying to get money for another hauler.

Ta

just had this explained me to too re jump ranges - the question been if i can get from A - B - C - D without refuelling why cant i just go from A - D - the answer been you have a maximum jump range on the ships that limits the total jump possible, so if it was 10 from A-D and your engines max out at 5 thats why you have to make 2 jumps

With regards to the galaxy map, all i get is its a work in progress and in Beta 2 its supposed to be much, much improved - for now i use this

http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

im not using the trade tool itself, but there is a sliding bar on there that tells you how far each ship can jump with a ton of cargo, progressing up to its max cargo so the hauler can go 16 light years when its empty, but only 6.3 when its full at 16 tonnes - hasnt failed me yet

as for wiping, noone knows if the beta 2, due on 30 sept will wipe or not, but there is a definite wipe at gamma, but again noone has confirmed if therell be one at actual release

undercovergeek

Earnt my first Elite chest hair yesterday - smuggling - last newsletter says Aulin and Wyrd are giving away liquor, and so they are at 95 credits a tonne, bought some and went to the nearest Federation system with a black market, pulled out of supercruise 19km from the space station, switched off everything but sensors and engines - that got the heat signature to 0 and the windows iced up, then approached the station, which to my horror opened fire with everything, but it wasnt at me, it was to the sneaky bastard pirate who had dropped in behind me to steal my stuff, with no heat signature you cant be targetted automatically you need to be at point blank and manual so youre almost invisible, but this guy saw me and clearly ignored the 'stow weapons' command from the security forces and got blasted as he prepped to get me - snuck past the security Vipers, docked and sold the whisky on the black market for 500 credits a ton profit - biggest ever gaming smile

and its not even finished yet

Toonces

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 22, 2014, 01:55:58 PM

How long in real-world game time are we talking to earn 86000 credits?