Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on September 23, 2014, 05:30:55 AM
Ok, I'll be the slow guy in the room.

Where is the federal distress beacon located?

I've been learning the ropes hauling hydrocarbons or some such between Azeban and Dahran Gateway.  Not much profit in that but I'm figuring out the way the game plays.  I found some loot floating around and grabbed that but it must have been black market.  I couldn't figure out how to sell it and when I left D. G. I got blasted so I suppose I did something wrong.  It was all good, though, because I was almost out of fuel with only 6 cr to my name...so I was on the way out anyway.

I need to figure out how to take a bounty and make it work.  I haven't seen this distress beacon you're referring to yet.

Federal distress beacon is located near Eranin 2. Jump there and you'll see it pop up on your contacts list.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MikeGER

you guys are such a tease!  >:D  (...even stronger then the EO's nagging for for her (our) next wellness getway weekend ;) )

so now you can expect an evil german physicist roaming through your galaxy space too ;D

Just downloading :)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: MikeGER on September 23, 2014, 06:41:04 AM
you guys are such a tease!  >:D  (...even stronger then the EO's nagging for for her (our) next wellness getway weekend ;) )

so now you can expect an evil german physicist roaming through your galaxy space too ;D

Just downloading :)

wait til you see a german viper (and no thats not a teutonic window cleaner, an actual german viper in the german colours)

JudgeDredd

I didn't buy any of their paint schemes 'cos there wasn't a Scottish one  ^-^
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

there is, im sure, ive seen it, not ingame but in pics - could have sworn i had

edit - balls, limited edition sale, cant see them now

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 23, 2014, 08:01:54 AM

If its not Scottish, its crap!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 23, 2014, 08:57:34 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 23, 2014, 08:01:54 AM

If its not Scottish, its crap!

if you had a webcam you would see the grumpiest face ever as JD flew around in his union jack viper - the Sassernach

JudgeDredd

lol

Not at all. I actually thought the Union Jack one was quite smart. But if I'm going to pay for a scheme, it has to be one I really wanted.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

im waiting for the huge anaconda, lakon 9 ones - see what they look like

mikeck

I died and made the same mistake others have...I got cocky and bought items without leaving enough cash for insurance. Anyway, are they wiping everyone's character with the new Beta 2 on sept 30? Anyone know? 'Cause I'm not going to start a new game is I get wiped out in a week
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

Pete Dero

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41674&page=8
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post n° 74 :

Asked Michael Brookes about a wipe for SB2.

Hello Mr Brookes,

Missed KS, bought PB1. Back from holiday. Perhaps I've missed the announcement and can't seem to find it in the threads.

When is/will be announced what happens wrt a wipe and SB2. Options.

1) Total wipe.
2) Partial wipe. Only credits remain. So sell ship etc in time.
3) No wipe. Ships/equipment,credits etc transferred to SB2.

This info would be really appreciated and useful so I can act accordingly wrt testing ED.

Regards,
Jan Bessels

Michael Brookes reply - which I assume I can share:
Quote:
"We're not planning a wipe for Beta 2. 

This weekend will be spend flying and grinding in a L-9 so I can buy an ASP Explorer and fully kit it out and go fly out and explore and TEST all the new features. As ship and equipment prices are yet unknown I probably grind till my fingers bleed...... "

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mikeck on September 23, 2014, 12:21:19 PM
I died and made the same mistake others have...I got cocky and bought items without leaving enough cash for insurance. Anyway, are they wiping everyone's character with the new Beta 2 on sept 30? Anyone know? 'Cause I'm not going to start a new game is I get wiped out in a week
lol - it seems to be fairly common. At least here on Grogheads!  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

Ok, copy all.

This is a fantastic game.  I stayed up really, really late last night playing- not something I do very often.

I can easily see this becoming my new Falcon 4.0.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs