Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

undercovergeek

I know hes a lawyer and probably right, but today i am moist

The new galaxy map window - an entire system with the top imports and exports and the black market goodies

mop me now

mikeck

Beta 2 is going to be better than any other space trader game at any point I think. It looks like one of these developers is actually going to come through on what was promised!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

It is so rare that a developer actually meets expectations. It is almost unheard of these days for a developer to not only meet expectations, but to exceed them. I feel that is exactly what Frontier is doing.  They are going to rewrite the book on how to make a game that has players dreaming about their plans and adventures long after the computer has been shut off.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MikeGER

in the video about what would be his dream feature to bring in the future ... the CEO said  "exploring and  hunting (lifeforms) on planets"  O0   

if they get descending in and scoping through the atmosphere and exploring the surface of a planet as good as what is already in there in ED it will be stunning  ...and worth an upgrade of my hardware if necessary  :)

btw
is there a way to engage/disengage shieldsmodule with a key-binding instead using the right side interface to switch it on/off.

in my hauler i risk often to fly without shields becuse when i investigate a signal i switch to silent-run just before dropping out of cruise speed and at the maximum distance ...so i am not visible if there is more then some containers floating around ...if there are ships i start the framedrive  and get away before they even kew i was there...wekkk ist a race against the heat building up.

also i like to collect the floating stuff iced-over, so if i get company there is no heat to see  ;)

but when interdicted i need to get the shields module on-line ASAP and there is no time to navigate through the UI 

undercovergeek

i think all the side panel stuff is hard coded to those panels - lots of people asking for a galaxy map key too

MikeGER

looks like Friends and Groups functionality just got online  :)

PanzersEast

PE is in.... after waiting until I felt this is in a functional state and with Beta 2 being released tomorrow.... PE is now in SPACCCCCCEEEEEE.

PE

MikeGER

good timing PE   O0

today the new Beta will go life, forum rumors (based only of former E:D stuff realse times)  are 'late afternoon' GMT+1 :) 

JudgeDredd

Anyone who wants to add me in Elite:Dangerous I am JudgeDredd (rather surprisingly)  O0

Maybe we can find out what the "friends" thing is about and how it works as a game
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Done  :)

i also had send a request to a "Toonces" some times ago  ;)  ...but that may have been some other Toon?

btw
another interesting fact i had found out in the forums:
If you play Solo online its the same evolving galaxy then playing multi-online, just all the other players are not visible (and can grief you) but all the dynamic flow of events are there ....i have read a hints that you can even free switch between solo and multi in-game?
(i guess only when docked in a port, or when 'alone' in space,  or no hostiles nears ...so people don't buck out once a PvP fight had started)   

JudgeDredd

He's still working the game out, bless his little cotton socks  :P

I'll sort that out when I get home tonight
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: MikeGER on September 30, 2014, 02:16:48 AM
Done  :)

i also had send a request to a "Toonces" some times ago  ;)  ...but that may have been some other Toon?

btw
another interesting fact i had found out in the forums:
If you play Solo online its the same evolving galaxy then playing multi-online, just all the other players are not visible (and can grief you) but all the dynamic flow of events are there ....i have read a hints that you can even free switch between solo and multi in-game?
(i guess only when docked in a port, or when 'alone' in space,  or no hostiles nears ...so people don't buck out once a PvP fight had started)   

You can switch out whenever you get to the main menu..... a while back there was a guy camping inside a station shooting you as you landed, thought he was a gaming God for an hour or two, everyone simply switched to solo, landed, took off, left station and switched back to multi

PanzersEast

I'm in as well... JD and Mike will send a request...  what time are you guys on?  I when through all the setup last night of getting my systems and flight stick configured.... and getting myself killed in a 30 min dogfight.

PE

JudgeDredd

I'm GMT - I won't be on tonight or tomorrow. I might be Thursday of Friday and I definitely will be in the weekend sometime...time to be determine
Alba gu' brath