Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

^Some of my keys seem to be un-remappable. As for others that I am having trouble with, I have not tried to clear the setting and then remap it, I guess I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 03, 2014, 08:26:10 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 03, 2014, 08:24:13 AM
Some of my keys and settings aren't working. I'm going to hold off on playing this thing until its patched a couple times and I receive the all clear.  I'm disappointed that there is no compensation for the total wipe.  I thought we might at least get some extra credits.
I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from that...I left it last night and I'll wait a bit. I'm currently trying out the Mig-21bis  ;D

I got the Mig too.  I just have no idea what to do with it. LoL.  The cockpit is a bit overwhelming.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MikeGER

...at least i was able to join a game with no freeze last night  (and wasted time looking for driftin Gold that is no there anymore)

today a 2.04 is announced !
well i cant check it out before midnight or so ...its national holiday and "Kaiser Wetter" here :-)   
so i enjoy myself in system Sol on planet #3 in RL

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 03, 2014, 08:37:17 AM
^Some of my keys seem to be un-remappable. As for others that I am having trouble with, I have not tried to clear the setting and then remap it, I guess I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

either that or delete the key bindings .ini

good luck

JudgeDredd

Quote from: MikeGER on October 03, 2014, 08:38:04 AM
...at least i was able to join a game with no freeze last night  (and wasted time looking for driftin Gold that is no there anymore)

today a 2.04 is announced !
well i cant check it out before midnight or so ...its national holiday and "Kaiser Wetter" here :-)   
so i enjoy myself in system Sol on planet #3 in RL
I need to get my arse to an Oktoberfest one year. Those kind of beers appeal to me!
Alba gu' brath

PanzersEast

I just need mo money...... I am flying in a compact mini with sling shots for defense!

PE

undercovergeek

Quote from: PanzersEast on October 03, 2014, 09:38:13 AM
I just need mo money...... I am flying in a compact mini with sling shots for defense!

PE

pffft, strip out the guns for more jump distance, sell the shield generators for more hold space and live on the edge!

JudgeDredd

I can't seem to jump. It says

Frameshift Cancelled : hardpoints/gear/scoop deployed

But all weapons are stowed, the scoop and landing gear are retracted  ???
Alba gu' brath

mikeck

Are you mass locked. If you look to the right of your front screen there will be some indicators whether you're landing gear is down or you are mass locked. This can happen if you were too close to the station a planet or star
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

No - sorry I should've mentioned - there's nothing to stop me jumping but something IS stopping me jumping.

Besides - it used to say Mass locked - this is very specifically saying something is deployed - and all my systems are telling me otherwise.  >:(
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

...hit the "U" key once or twice and watch the status reports (deploying, retracting) and try to jump  ...there might be some glitch with the GUI interface

so fresh deploying / retracting of all 3 items may help

JudgeDredd

Nope - tried all that. Deployed scoop, heard it deploying and retracted it, same with guns and landing gear  :(
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

One of my buddies at work bought Elite today and we just spent about 3 hours playing together online in Open World.  Went to the Federal Distress Beacon and cleaned house...it's much easier with a wingman.

Very cool.  If you haven't tried to voice comms yet, they're pretty awesome. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 04, 2014, 03:08:10 AM
Nope - tried all that. Deployed scoop, heard it deploying and retracted it, same with guns and landing gear  :(

have you cleared your save?

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath