Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

I barely touched Beta2 due to the wipe. I'm finding it hard to get back into. Just playing too many other things right now...Still, I will try to give this a shot sometime in the new future.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Jarhead, with the new missions in Beta 2, it didn't take long to get up and running. Made about 20k in 5 missions comprising 2 hyper jumps. Played a few hours and I was able to buy a viper. Much quicker than trading or fighting.( although i did kill a 10k bounty in an extraction zone)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

I'm now starting to debate just when I should pick this up. 

The price is still pretty high right now, but my biggest concern is how often the Beta gets wiped to make way for new updates.  Especially now that it's in Beta and (I suppose) getting closer to an official release. 

mikeck

Well there was a wipe from beta 1 to
2 but no wipe from 2 to 3. So I've have several months of gaming without losing anything
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

new interdictions and the mini game therein are awesome

Jarhead0331

OK. I just flew from Azeban Orbital to Azeban City. I'm going to have to relearn where everything i in the universe. You used to be able to buy an Eagle at Azeban City, now they only have the Sidewinder in stock. Anyway, I didn't think they could make this game any more beautiful...guess what? They did. Its amazing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

Styx had 8 ships last night, including an asp and one of the new navy dropships

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 30, 2014, 04:24:58 AM

Does stock available change from time to time at stations or are certain models only available at certain stations?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Has the "next" wipe occurred now then? I didn't want to go into it and build up with another wipe heading in.

I'm presuming so, in which case it's time to fire this bad boy up again. Just for a mess around...nothing fancy
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2014, 06:26:53 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 30, 2014, 04:24:58 AM

Does stock available change from time to time at stations or are certain models only available at certain stations?

stock does change, but usually just the quantities of ships as opposed to the types, for example Styx will probably only sell those 8 but have varying numbers from 0 - whatever

someone is building a list of what theve found where - but now that the bubble is 2500 systems strong it might take some time!

FWIW the imperial courier is getting pounded but its not been used the way it should - people are trying to use it as a hauler or fighter but it will be for luxury and VIP courier missions, theyre just not in yet

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 30, 2014, 06:28:08 AM
Has the "next" wipe occurred now then? I didn't want to go into it and build up with another wipe heading in.

I'm presuming so, in which case it's time to fire this bad boy up again. Just for a mess around...nothing fancy

this BETA 3 wipe was just your ship and you were refunded with its value

Gamma will apparently be full wipe

mikeck

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 30, 2014, 06:28:08 AM

There was no White from Beta 2 to 3. You lost all of your equipment but it was cashed in for currency. So my viper with its multi guns and extended cargo bay was all Cashee for 350,000 credits. Just flew back out and repurchased everything I had before no problem

undercovergeek

live stream last night - 3 devs, 2 talking 1 flying launch into space in open play to demonstrate new stuff, took maybe 10 mins for 3 players to find them and blast them to bits in front of 45000 viewers

im a bit  ::)

but also a bit  ;D

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 05, 2014, 04:50:18 PM
live stream last night - 3 devs, 2 talking 1 flying launch into space in open play to demonstrate new stuff, took maybe 10 mins for 3 players to find them and blast them to bits in front of 45000 viewers

im a bit  ::)

but also a bit  ;D

That was fun to watch, really. There were a couple moments when players' spaceships were floating near the devs ship - which is a very pretty one to watch, actually - I almost was expecting the di-di-do-da from Close Encounters of the Third Kind to start blaring :)

But indeed, the "aliens" here weren't as friendly as those from the movie. Probably a manifestation of the "unrest" - or impatience - some are displaying on the forums at the moment regarding the perceived "shallowness" of the current Beta, and the concern about the chances of things getting "deeper" before the launch date.