Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2014, 07:04:57 PM
When is the #%@ official release??

I saw in the forums the following timeline:

-> Gamma (a.k.a. Release Candidate) - 22.11.14
-> Release - 23.12.14

RooksBailey

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on November 05, 2014, 08:05:54 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2014, 07:04:57 PM
When is the #%@ official release??

I saw in the forums the following timeline:

-> Gamma (a.k.a. Release Candidate) - 22.11.14
-> Release - 23.12.14

Perfect!  It can remain as the #1 item on my Christmas list for Santa!   :)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: RooksBailey on November 05, 2014, 08:33:53 PM

Beware though, that the above was from a post from a regular user, who was quoting a dev. I took it at face value (Chinese whispers and all that) because it makes a lot of sense, the premiere event is happening on November 22nd and with that schedule it would get released just in time for the Christmas season.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on November 05, 2014, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 05, 2014, 08:33:53 PM

Beware though, that the above was from a post from a regular user, who was quoting a dev. I took it at face value (Chinese whispers and all that) because it makes a lot of sense, the premiere event is happening on November 22nd and with that schedule it would get released just in time for the Christmas season.

Noted.  If it is Dec 23, I hope the team sticks around for a few days to make sure the servers don't crash or to fix some other awful calamity that will prevent me from playing my Christmas gift!  I recall the time when I purchased X3:TC and the awful Tages DRM server crashed, preventing anyone from playing the game until after New Years.   :tickedoff:
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 30, 2014, 07:13:21 AM

this BETA 3 wipe was just your ship and you were refunded with its value

Gamma will apparently be full wipe

I take it the "Gamma" wipe will be the one for full release then?  Or is there another big content update that will require a reset?

Not sure if I should wait until release is imminent and pre-order right before, since there will likely be a release wipe(?), or whether I should pick it up sooner.  Having enough fun with other stuff right now, so I can wait out some more beta time if they're still gonna be wiping.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I bought the mercenary pack.  All the expense of pre-access without the ability to play until release!  I R SMRT!

undercovergeek

It's also worth noting that in a recent poll the majority of players say it's not ready for release and shouldn't be out in 2015 mainly because the game will get abused by reviewers and left for dead in it's current MP
state, the good thing been there's no publisher pressing for release but then you wouldn't want to miss the Christmas market

Supposed to be a big announcement this Friday

Jarhead0331

Given the standard for "release" these days, this game is already heads and shoulders above most. I'm hard pressed to imagine why people would be arguing that it is not ready.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 06, 2014, 07:40:37 AM
Given the standard for "release" these days, this game is already heads and shoulders above most. I'm hard pressed to imagine why people would be arguing that it is not ready.
Agreed  O0
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

sorting through all the chatter or maybe better called gibberish on the ED forums: it seems to be the MP part,
where people want to play with local friends, netcode-issues, stutters n such,  ....well, 400 Billion opinions, wishes, expectations   

i play-tested only 'Solo' so far :)   

Gusington

Thanks guys. So it sounds as if release may be kinda sorta on 12/23. But maybe not.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Mp issues mainly and then the usual plethora of bugs, missions disappear mid flight leaving you stuck with the cargo, literally stuck, it won't leave the hold, a host of other mission bugs and some people still cannot get in game

I've stopped reporting that none of this has happened to me because I sound like a smug twat I suppose

Most people are 'meh', quit, restart and reload but for some it is genuinely the end of their world

Noticing a massive gap in the 84 crowd and the 14 crowd, so many kids asking for  a dock button, a mine button, a arrive at destination button, a trade button - basically a please play this game for me button whereas the old duffers are loving it

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 06, 2014, 09:01:17 AM

Mp issues mainly and then the usual plethora of bugs, missions disappear mid flight leaving you stuck with the cargo, literally stuck, it won't leave the hold, a host of other mission bugs and some people still cannot get in game

I've stopped reporting that none of this has happened to me because I sound like a smug twat I suppose

Most people are 'meh', quit, restart and reload but for some it is genuinely the end of their world

Noticing a massive gap in the 84 crowd and the 14 crowd, so many kids asking for  a dock button, a mine button, a arrive at destination button, a trade button - basically a please play this game for me button whereas the old duffers are loving it
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw  :P
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

oh i see, preserved for posterity as well

git