Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I'll pick this up very soon, probably the beta access pre-order.

Did someone say there is some recommended extra DLC or something that we should pick up now rather than later?

Also... will there be a GrogHeads Consortium after release?  >:D

undercovergeek

i think the dlc was a rebirth crossover comment

im thinking a GH hunter killer squad

Yskonyn

Yeah that sounds like a nice idea UG. Are there guilds or corps in game?
What about the starter ship, is it fixed or do you get a choice of several? If so, which one would you recommend or are they very much role specific?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

if you get the mercenary pack youll have a sidewinder and also an eagle (first fighter as opposed to multi role or trader), some backers will start with a cobra - one of the first pledges from moons ago

but most will start with just a sidey, which can be quite pimped out to be fair

Toonces

The game is supposed to release next month (like Dec 14th or something).  I don't see any reason to pay the premium beta price when you can save 1/3 the cost by waiting another month. 

I mean, you waited this long, what's one more month?   ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

Thats Assuming they make the releasedate. ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on November 12, 2014, 08:40:19 PM
The game is supposed to release next month (like Dec 14th or something).  I don't see any reason to pay the premium beta price when you can save 1/3 the cost by waiting another month. 

I mean, you waited this long, what's one more month?   ???

I thought you got some extra swag on release, too?  No?

Toonces

Ah, I don't know.  I guess you'll have to read the fine print and figure this one out without me.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on November 14, 2014, 12:33:59 AM
Ah, I don't know.  I guess you'll have to read the fine print and figure this one out without me.

From what I see on the list, you get all the same extras with the current release pre-order and the beta.  Except some Sol Access Permit.

That's probably not worth an extra $25 so I'll probably get the regular pre-order if it's gonna be released Mid-December anyway.

Yskonyn

I couldn't wait and went for it. 60 euro's is a reasonable price and I don't mind supporting Braben and his crew with an extra 20 euro's.

Boy oh boy! Jarhead wrote that this was the single most immersive space ship simulator he had ever witnessed and I must agree! Have done several of the tutorial missions and flying around with my TrackIR and TM Warthog HOTAS makes it VERY immersive!  O0
I like the fact that the game simulated you watching an interface inside your helmet or something similar, even in the main menu (it pans and shifts when looking around!). Very cool.

Haven't seen much more yet, but the production values seem to be up there. Manual docking is a blast! :)
What are your handles in Elite so I can populate my friends list?

JudgeDredd

I love the new graphical look when you are moving between pages on your display...they have a kind of retro blue, electronic gauze looking "crackle" before the page is displayed!  :smitten:
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 14, 2014, 08:17:42 AM
I couldn't wait and went for it. 60 euro's is a reasonable price and I don't mind supporting Braben and his crew with an extra 20 euro's.

Boy oh boy! Jarhead wrote that this was the single most immersive space ship simulator he had ever witnessed and I must agree! Have done several of the tutorial missions and flying around with my TrackIR and TM Warthog HOTAS makes it VERY immersive!  O0
I like the fact that the game simulated you watching an interface inside your helmet or something similar, even in the main menu (it pans and shifts when looking around!). Very cool.

Haven't seen much more yet, but the production values seem to be up there. Manual docking is a blast! :)
What are your handles in Elite so I can populate my friends list?

brilliant, welcome to the party - hope you enjoy it

handle is same here

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 14, 2014, 08:17:42 AM
...What are your handles in Elite so I can populate my friends list?
Welcome

Same name in game
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Am I understanding correctly that the offline solo mode will no longer be implemented in the game?  Not sure how I feel about that since it was stated during ordering it was a feature to be available.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 14, 2014, 08:24:48 PM
Am I understanding correctly that the offline solo mode will no longer be implemented in the game?  Not sure how I feel about that since it was stated during ordering it was a feature to be available.

Where did you get that idea?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18