Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

lol - found my ship.

Looking at the System view map, the port with your ship has an icon on it informing me I have a ship there.

I'll be back to let you know what you want in a mo (I think!)

And how weird it's at Reilly Dock and my name is Riley!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

look at the system map, youll see a little blue icon

system not galaxy

JudgeDredd

Mikek....when you are in the station where your other ship is, you go to Starport Services, select Shipyard and there are 3 tabs saying Shipyard[?], Stored Ships[?] and Ship Locations[?]

If you are the correct port, move to the Stored Ships tab and select your stored ship - simples  :P
Alba gu' brath

mikeck

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2014, 03:46:31 PM
Mikek....when you are in the station where your other ship is, you go to Starport Services, select Shipyard and there are 3 tabs saying Shipyard[?], Stored Ships[?] and Ship Locations[?]

If you are the correct port, move to the Stored Ships tab and select your stored ship - simples  :P

Ok, how do I find out what system it's in. Someone said I will see it in the galaxy map but all I see is the icon showing my current sidey

Or is it in my starting system?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

SirAndrewD

I'm finding that despite its pitiful cargo hold, immediately getting your Eagle is a better bet than the Sidewinder.  Interdiction is a bit out of control right now, and it's much easier to evade in the Eagle. 

There's great money to be made if you drop near an unexplored system.  However, be aware there is a bug that drops your credits to 0 if you turn in cartography data.  Good news was, all I had to do is log out and back in. 

Also, ran into a bug where I couldn't turn in bounties.  Also solved by a log off and in.

All in all, having fun.  Glad to finally be in Gamma.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mikeck on November 22, 2014, 03:58:56 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2014, 03:46:31 PM

Ok, how do I find out what system it's in. Someone said I will see it in the galaxy map but all I see is the icon showing my current sidey

Or is it in my starting system?
It's in your starting system if you remember what that was.

You can find it by docking at a station with a Shipyard. Then you would look in the same place (as I mentioned above) and this time go to Ship Locations[?]. You will see your ship there and it will tell you the system.

Once you get to that system, go to the System Map (not Galaxy) and you will see all the starports...one will have a blue icon showing you you have a ship there...then fly to that station.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 22, 2014, 04:00:36 PM
I'm finding that despite its pitiful cargo hold, immediately getting your Eagle is a better bet than the Sidewinder.  Interdiction is a bit out of control right now, and it's much easier to evade in the Eagle. 

There's great money to be made if you drop near an unexplored system.  However, be aware there is a bug that drops your credits to 0 if you turn in cartography data.  Good news was, all I had to do is log out and back in. 

Also, ran into a bug where I couldn't turn in bounties.  Also solved by a log off and in.

Yeah I like the Evade Interdiction method...and I'm VERY glad you get to try and evade. I thought once you were interdicted, you were interdicted and that was going to be that. I imagined being stopped loads by various idjits.

I thought the Eagle and Sidey had the same cargo hold size?
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2014, 04:08:55 PM

Yeah I like the Evade Interdiction method...and I'm VERY glad you get to try and evade. I thought once you were interdicted, you were interdicted and that was going to be that. I imagined being stopped loads by various idjits.

It did have the same in prior builds, it's down to 2T now. 

That's really not too bad if you get the right missions.  And given the ability to evade, and superior fighting abilities if you can't, it's worth the trade off. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mikeck

Okay I think I found it I see the big blue icon on the galaxy map and then a small icon indicating where I am now. think the big blue one is where my extra shit this
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 22, 2014, 04:12:51 PM

That's really not too bad if you get the right missions.  And given the ability to evade, and superior fighting abilities if you can't, it's worth the trade off.
oh... :(

4 was bad enough. But I guess it's only fair as it's more a fighter
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2014, 04:15:04 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 22, 2014, 04:12:51 PM

oh... :(

4 was bad enough. But I guess it's only fair as it's more a fighter

It is pretty much a fighter.  But it does have superior jump range on the Sidewinder as well, so there'll be more light cargo hauling mission opportunities. 

My first hour or two with the Eagle netted about 15k on bounties, light cargo hauling missions at 3k or so a pop, and a few exploration discoveries. 

JudgeDredd

lol - I've just been getting lost really.

I've done one mission for 2 Biowaste to be transported that netted me 800cr.

I've been trying to find my "base plate" and my Eagle. Now I have...the fun can begin.  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

yeah back to pen and paper for me for a while

mikeck

Can I make a recommendation from someone who's played the game a lot? Click on your eagle that's in storage then go to options underneath it and click to sell it you can get 40,000 credits. Use that 40,000 credits to upgrade your sidewinder with maybe some better weapons and some cargo space and then go make money. Eagles are a bit faster but they're too weak to go around picking fights with better to save your money up for a viper trust me Eagles are fast but they are glass cannons.

I can take that 40,000 credits rearm my side wonder what to gimbaled multi cannons and blow up every eagle I come across

undercovergeek

weirdly enoough if you die in the 100 cr sidewinder, you respawn with 1000 credits - oops