Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: panzerde on November 22, 2014, 03:09:18 PM
I just don't have a lot of patience for running into griefers and 14 year-old "captains" with names like "Kommander P3N1s."  ???

<--- scratches P3N1s off Captains name list.   :-\
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

panzerde

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 23, 2014, 06:10:58 PM
I just don't have a lot of patience for running into griefers and 14 year-old "captains" with names like "Kommander P3N1s."  ???

No, no you're cool as long as it isn't Kommander P3N1s  O0
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mikeck

How un-cool am I? I have no idea what P3N1 means
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

panzerde

Quote from: mikeck on November 23, 2014, 06:41:25 PM

Assume the 3 is an "e" and the 1 is an "i."

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mikeck

Quote from: panzerde on November 23, 2014, 06:42:39 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 23, 2014, 06:41:25 PM

Assume the 3 is an "e" and the 1 is an "i."

Got it. I wouldn't have a problem with commander p3n1s - types if they wouldn't blow my ship up for no reason when I'm coming out of a station
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

but then they wouldnt be Kommandor P3n1s

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mikeck

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 23, 2014, 07:46:58 PM
but then they wouldnt be Kommandor P3n1s

A tautology ...hmmm

RedArgo

Quote from: Toonces on November 23, 2014, 01:56:08 PM
Quote from: RedArgo on November 22, 2014, 07:25:46 PM
My boys want this for Christmas and I have a few questions about multiplayer.

Is there filtering available on the chat box to get rid of inappropriate language?

Are the "groups" still in?  So I guess they could make a group of just their friends for multiplayer?

Is there voice chat or do you need a third party app like skype or teamspeak?

Thanks.

I actually don't know about the filtering.  I don't think you can chat with someone unless you approve their request to chat.  There isn't a chat box open like, say, Mount and Blade, where there is a constant stream of chatting going on if that's what you mean.

You can definitely make a group of friends for multiplayer.

There is indeed integrated voice chat.  You can set up it to be push-to-talk or just voice activated.  It's very cool...it does that little beepy thing like you hear in astronaut comms with mission control, and it's sort of staticy and fades a bit when you're farther away.  It's very well done.

Great, thanks for the info.

GDS_Starfury

I plan on buying this upon release and I think we should have a Grognatti Guild.

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on November 23, 2014, 06:26:00 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 23, 2014, 06:10:58 PM

No, no you're cool as long as it isn't Kommander P3N1s  O0

What about "Major P3N1s"? 

"Captain C0C|<"?

Maybe I'll go with one of the ancient names I used back in UO days, before being forced to change it:  Stinkypinky.  Maj Stinkypinky?  Because you have given me such naming convention inspiration.  :))

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 23, 2014, 10:50:51 PM
I plan on buying this upon release and I think we should have a Grognatti Guild.

The Groginati are everywhere. 

Rated - Top Secret Ninja Shit!

;D

GDS_Starfury

somewhere in the depths of an asteroid belt curtiss is hiding his freighter.....

JudgeDredd

I always made the assumption there would be a wipe.

I'm just pottering around trying to work stuff out at the moment. I could definitely do with a manual for certain aspects.

I'm glad the wipe is confirmed though.
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

i would opt for an partial wipe, and reward the Beta/Gamma tester with some cash

it should be easy possible to
1) calc a mean credit gain per active hours spend online in Gamma without cheats, in addition double check on numbers of trade actions and fighting victory/defeats and ship crashes to do calc plausibility check on the wealth gain 
2) calc the maximum plausible gain in 3 weeks for sane and healthy use of the product
(so like 8h a day online max) divide that by a factor (maybe 10) and you have the upper limit for the bonus
that make sense

sort all the Gamma Commander accounts "test-effort measured by wealth" in logarithmic scaled classes and just hand out some Gamma Tester Start Bonus like: 10k 20k 50k 100k 500k 1M 2M 5M 10M ...

just a little reward for spending time online now for a smoother start on the 16th       

undercovergeek

theres so much gnashing of teeth and wailing over the wipe over there - you have 2 choices, fk about, work stuff out, crash, fight, explode, trade, learn the game and be ready for the 16th - holy crap, its not that big a deal!!!

not poo-pooing the guys here who have stopped because thats also cool as long as its done without the 'FD are wankers i want my money back, 4th wipe waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh' which is whats happening over there

Gamma and this forum have taught me two things - sell the eagle and soup up the sidewinder to get the hauler/freighter as soon as, and the f = fixed and g = gimballed  :buck2: :buck2: :buck2: :buck2: :buck2: :buck2: