Main Menu

Armored Core V?

Started by Jarhead0331, April 06, 2012, 09:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Anyone have any interest in playing around with Armored Core V?  It has a pretty niffty MP suite where players can form their own teams and then engage in matches against other player teams.  Teams can also play co-op matches together.  I formed a team called the VF-41 Black Sheep.  All are welcome to join.

I haven't played the game too much yet...it seems to have a VERY steep learning curve, especially in terms of AC mods.  You can practically build an AC from scratch.  There are practically limitless options.  I wish there was a strategy guide for this game, but the only one's I have been able to find so far are Japanese language only.

For those of you who don't know, Armored Core is a long running mech series of games.  Typically, the mechs in AC are lighter and faster then what you'd see in mechwarrior, battle tech or chrome hounds.  They use sliding techniques, thrusters and jet boosters to dart around the field.  There are a lot of different weapon types, including kinetic/ballistic/chemical, missile, Thermal/laser/plasma and melee blades/saws, etc.

Its very Japanese, but very cool...and lets face it, our mech options aren't too prolific these days.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Bison

You playing on Xbox 360 or PS3?

Jarhead0331

^good question.  I got it on the 360.  I prefer the 360 controller to the PS3s.  If you have it on the PS3, I'd be willing to try to exchange my copy if its not too late.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Bison

I'll be picking it up on PS3, because that is the system the wife has allowed me to hook up to the big screen TV.  She uses it for a DVD player, but that's another story.

It'll be a few more weeks before I'm able to get it, but I'll throw up a message when I do.

Have you played multiplayer yet? 

Jarhead0331

^Negative. By the time you get it, I'm sure I will though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog