Microprose to publish...

Started by Jarhead0331, May 05, 2020, 07:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Congrats to the teams making Sea Power, Task Force Admiral and Second Front! This is exciting news and I hope the arrangement will be mutually beneficial to all. I can't think of better titles to lead the resurgence of this classic gaming powerhouse.

https://www.microprose.com/news/microprose-is-back

With that being said, with the big reveal announcement, I was really hoping for news about some of the classic titles in development...really looking forward to seeing those details.

In any event, I'm really excited about all the future titles that will be coming our way.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

F-ing yeah!!!  :bd: \m/

If Microprose is gonna come back with a new stable, these are the types of games and devs to arrive with.

That is one classic cover-library for their page-header, too. I had forgotten they were involved with some Star Trek titles once upon a time; though I played through "A Final Unity" at least twice. (It was even meant to be regarded as a canonical episode once upon a time.)

"Stay with us, MicroProse is back, and we mean business. "  \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

I almost even signed up for their newsletter before I came to my senses!  :coolsmiley: I'm not even being sarcastic about that! -- I hate being put on unknown extra mailing lists, and I almost signed up for it anyway!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Agreed. Good luck Sea Power team AND the task force admiral team:)
Looking forward to seeing some of the more classic announcements as well though.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

I still play Task Force 1942 from time to time...this is good news. Task Force Admiral is on my wishlist!

Now, if they could get Master of Orion back on the market along with Steve Barcia, that would be the best!

The_Admiral

Thank you Jarhead  :notworthy:

Yes of course, I can also understand the disappointment for those who wanted a B-17 or a M1 to suddenly crash through their monitor tonight  :coolsmiley:
But worry not, for these are on the way, they didn't make these models to let them lie idle around for long - unfortunately, can't say much more without crapping on our NDAs  C:-)

Point is, we're a first effort, and a very good opportunity to stress test the young (yet experimented) team that is organizing the announcement. We wholeheartedly agreed to be the Guinea Pigs in this operation that is more of a resilience test than anything - and so far so good. It's wasn't uncommon even for legacy MPS to publish third party games (and some of these are rightly in the official Pantheon like Grand Prix, UFO or Transport Tycoon among others) so I am fine with the practice. Trust us with the legacy, I was instrumental in making it happen in the first place with the chaps at Microprose, and you can expect us to carry that flag high and proud.

Cheers everybody, and thank you for your support - all the way :)

Gusington

Awesome. I did sign up for the newsletter!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

All 3 of these look great to me. Looks like I better get ready to kill the old Piggy Bank.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Congrats to the Sea Power, Task Force Admiral and Second Front teams!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

hellfish6

Whoa... my three most anticipated games signed by my all-time favorite publisher. Awesome.

And I just realized David Lagettie is the CEO of Microprose. I never interacted with him personally, but we both came up in the Operation Flashpoint community and both worked on VBS1 professionally (though I was on the American team). Small world, and he's done very well for himself.

trek

WOW! Such great news! My wallet is really going to suffer, but damn the torpedoes-full speed ahead! And that teaser mentioned, the holy grail: Maybe even B-17 in the near future! It's like Back to the Future!!

JasonPratt

Considering their first games were released around 1985, that comparison is especially apt!  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on May 05, 2020, 05:22:55 PM
Run for it Marty!

Plutonium might be something you can pick up in the corner drugstore but this is the 1950's and it's a little hard to come by!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Wow, this is just fantastic news.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs