Commander:The Great War AAR!

Started by Slick Wilhelm, October 30, 2012, 02:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slick Wilhelm

Hi guys, the beta testers have finally been given permission to unleash some AAR's, and I happen to be the first to post. I know I haven't been posting here much in the past few months, and CTGW was the reason why. I've been testing my butt off.

Anyway, I hope my AAR is entertaining and informative. It's a work in progress and I'll update it as often as my schedule allows.

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=38749

Cheers!

steve58

Thanks, nice read.  I'm looking forward to CTGW (and the rest of your AAR).
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Bison

Steelgrave

Slick Willie, this game has been at the top of my radar for a looong time, but even if I had never heard of it, your AAR would have snagged me. Great read!

Nefaro

Looking good.

How much is this going for, at release?

Shelldrake

Nice AAR Slick. I am also having a blast with the CTGW beta, even though I have been soundly thrashed by the AI in both my games as the Central Powers. I hope you have better luck! :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Steelgrave

MetalDog

Good job on the AAR, Slick Wilhelm.  Looking forward to the next installment.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

W8taminute

Absolutely outstanding breakdown of gameplay.  I feel like I know how to play this game already.  Can't wait to sink my teeth into this one. 

I didn't read entirely through the last few paragraphs so forgive me if I ask this and it has already been covered but:

Is there any kind of data tables in this game to view your losses throughout the war as well as estimated casualties caused?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: W8taminute on October 31, 2012, 05:59:04 PM

Is there any kind of data tables in this game to view your losses throughout the war as well as estimated casualties caused?

Yes there is. It's very basic(too basic IMO) but there is one. I will put that on my list of features to demo soon.

Btw, I just put up another round of turns. So much to show you, so little time in my day!

Sir Slash

Great report. Really shows the effort to make the game exceptional. The Central Powers player starts the game as Austria in July 1914. So does the Entente Powers player start the same time as Serbia or later as Russia?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Thanks SW...the 12th can't come soon enough.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Thanks for posting Slick...I have been waiting for this game forever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Seytan

Slick Wilhelm

Thanks, guys! Just added another couple of posts. Hope that keeps your juices flowing until I can put more up.  :)