Crusader Kings 2: 75% off!

Started by Nefaro, November 15, 2012, 03:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Looks like Gamersgate is having a 'weekend' sale with ALL CK2 titles & DLC for 75% off.

http://www.gamersgate.com/crusaderkings

8)

Edit:  Also looks like Longblade's favorite addiction, Orcs Must Die 2 is half off too.

JudgeDredd

Thank you for the heads up (reminder to self - must check Gamersgate more often!)

Now all I've read about this game suggests to me 75% off is a STEAL!
Alba gu' brath

TheCommandTent

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2012, 04:29:39 AM

Yes, yes it is!  I paid full price and I've gotten way more then my money's worth out of it and I have not really even scratched the surface.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

PanzersEast

Just picked up Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome, and Ruler Designer for the heck of it..... yea me.  I have been waiting on a sale to pick them both up and by blue coins payed for Islam.

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2012, 04:29:39 AM
Thank you for the heads up (reminder to self - must check Gamersgate more often!)

The GG version is also the one without any DRM on it!  Extra-good.  :)

Silent Disapproval Robot

I grabbed the Islam, Rome, and unit packs  (no fro-frou flute music for me though!) with coins.

I thought I'd give the Orcs demo a shot seeing as how LB plays it so much.  You can't remap they keys!  What the hell is wrong with devs these days?  Used to be a standard feature, now it seems less and less likely that it'll be an option.  No key remapping = no sale for me.

Martok

Quote from: Nefaro on November 15, 2012, 03:21:37 AM
Looks like Gamersgate is having a 'weekend' sale with ALL CK2 titles & DLC for 75% off.

http://www.gamersgate.com/crusaderkings

8)

Edit:  Also looks like Longblade's favorite addiction, Orcs Must Die 2 is half off too.
Thanks for the heads-up Nefaro!  I now own all the existing DLC (minus the African stuff) for a mere eight bucks.  Woot! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JudgeDredd

So can someone just refresh my memory on what to expect from this lot?

Is the focus on diplomacy or fighting? Is there enough to do? Does it all work?

I've read in the past many favourable things about it - but I'm still kind of unsure (or at least I forget if I "got it" last time I read) what to expect in terms of gameplay.

Ta
Alba gu' brath

PanzersEast

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2012, 02:29:50 PM
So can someone just refresh my memory on what to expect from this lot?

I've read in the past many favourable things about it - but I'm still kind of unsure (or at least I forget if I "got it" last time I read) what to expect in terms of gameplay.

Ta

The focus is really on both and neither... really it is open up to you but most importantly plotting, backstabbing, killing, undermining, robbing, jailing, taxing, stealing, etc.. etc... There is a lot to do in the game and really a lot of strategy you can employ.  I would say it is a much more involved game than EU3 or any of the others.  There are always events that pop-up to keep you on your toes, opportunities that you can take advantage of or just people to back stab you when you don't expect it.  I enjoy the game a lot and it plays out like a grand novel, with a lot of major and minor stories evolving as you play.  It is hard for me to go back and play EU3 because of the character interaction in CK2, which makes it very interesting...... right now my liege and I are at -100 dislike of each other... so myself and a couple of his vassals are plotting to get rid of him.... mean while I had my eldest son jailed and killed because he was tying to undermine and remove me and he had many bad traits (too many to let him succeed me)and my wife is non too happy.... I could go on and on.... but I recommend it.  I just purchased the DLC so I am interested to see how the game changes further. 

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2012, 02:29:50 PM

Both, and more.  As PanzersEast mentioned, it's a big mix of things.  The most unique is, of course, the character system and all the webs of intrigue and plotting you can delve into against other individual characters in the game world, not just other kingdoms.  But it still has warfare, diplomacy, and all those shinies too.

Grim.Reaper

Too good to pass up getting all dlc....now I have it all :!

Sparhawk

I've waited to buy this for much too long. As I was putting the order through my wife mentioned how sexy it is when I bargain shop. So far it is an awesome game.

Sparhawk

Nefaro

I dunno what's going on but every time I attempt to buy the full CK2 set at GamersGate, the payment is refused and I get a message about contacting the merchant about the issue.

I know everything's okay with my card, since I just bought a Scourge of War expansion so it must be something tied to GG.  :-\

Not a big issue as I still have the beta version (minus the unit/face/music packs for some reason), and I know this stuff will be on sale again for the (hopefully) same discount in the future.   But it makes me scratch my head - wtf is going on?  I hope nobody else is getting something similar.

Sent a support ticket to them in case something's amiss with their e-commerce setup. *shrug*

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on November 18, 2012, 11:12:44 AM
I dunno what's going on but every time I attempt to buy the full CK2 set at GamersGate, the payment is refused and I get a message about contacting the merchant about the issue.

I know everything's okay with my card, since I just bought a Scourge of War expansion so it must be something tied to GG.  :-\

Not a big issue as I still have the beta version (minus the unit/face/music packs for some reason), and I know this stuff will be on sale again for the (hopefully) same discount in the future.   But it makes me scratch my head - wtf is going on?  I hope nobody else is getting something similar.

Sent a support ticket to them in case something's amiss with their e-commerce setup. *shrug*

Are you trying to use PayPal?

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 18, 2012, 11:37:16 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 18, 2012, 11:12:44 AM

Are you trying to use PayPal?

Yes.

Both that and the Skrillet thingy too.  Both kick it back to GG saying "contact the merchant".   I had initially wondered if my bank denied it, due to being an overseas charge, but they've never done so without contacting me.  And a purchase at Matrix went through just fine, not to mention I've never had an issue with using PayPal before. 

So it must be some problem connected to GG.   I don't suppose anyone else in the US has attempted buying the CK2 set in the past 24 hours, here??  Perhaps it was mistakenly placed on regional restrictions or something?