Crusader Kings 2: 75% off!

Started by Nefaro, November 15, 2012, 03:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Have you bought through GG with PayPal before?

I know the first time I bought something from them, I had to wait 3-4 days for them to validate everything.  Once that first purchase was authorized, I was able to buy instantly with subsequent purchases.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on November 18, 2012, 11:49:03 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on November 18, 2012, 11:37:16 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 18, 2012, 11:12:44 AM
I dunno what's going on but every time I attempt to buy the full CK2 set at GamersGate, the payment is refused and I get a message about contacting the merchant about the issue.

I know everything's okay with my card, since I just bought a Scourge of War expansion so it must be something tied to GG.  :-\

Not a big issue as I still have the beta version (minus the unit/face/music packs for some reason), and I know this stuff will be on sale again for the (hopefully) same discount in the future.   But it makes me scratch my head - wtf is going on?  I hope nobody else is getting something similar.

Sent a support ticket to them in case something's amiss with their e-commerce setup. *shrug*

Are you trying to use PayPal?

Yes.

Both that and the Skrillet thingy too.  Both kick it back to GG saying "contact the merchant".   I had initially wondered if my bank denied it, due to being an overseas charge, but they've never done so without contacting me.  And a purchase at Matrix went through just fine, not to mention I've never had an issue with using PayPal before. 

So it must be some problem connected to GG.   I don't suppose anyone else in the US has attempted buying the CK2 set in the past 24 hours, here??  Perhaps it was mistakenly placed on regional restrictions or something?

I got the same error, but used it just a day before.  Not sure what is going on, but I got the same error as you.

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 18, 2012, 12:23:36 PM
Have you bought through GG with PayPal before?

Oh, yes.  Many times.

I have a buttload of purchases via PayPal at Gamersgate.  All of them, actually.  All the more reason I'm scratchin' my noggin.

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 18, 2012, 12:26:27 PM

I got the same error, but used it just a day before.  Not sure what is going on, but I got the same error as you.

PE

Okay, thanks PanzersE! 

I thought the problem was on GG's side, just wondered if I was the only one.   :)

Hopefully we can still get in on the sale event after they finger it out.  *shrug*