It's Friday! What will you be playing?

Started by MetalDog, November 16, 2012, 06:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 16, 2012, 01:42:30 PM
Crusader Kings 2.  I haven't a bloody clue what I'm doing but I'm enjoying it!  The manual sucks.  It's relatively thick for a modern manual but it's mostly about how to use the interfaces, which is entirely redundant because the tooltips show you all that.  It contains precisely sod all about the actual concepts and mechanics.

The CK II Userguide by Meneth and Novapaddy available (if you have registered your game with Paradox) here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?599744-CK-II-Userguide-by-Meneth-and-Novapaddy is probably what you are after.

As for what I'll possibly be playing Warlock with the new patch and I've just got the Eves DLC Strategic Command Global Gold Storm Over Europe Fastplay scenario and Conflict of Heroes
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

undercovergeek

Guild Wars 2

Crusader Kings 2.  I haven't a bloody clue what I'm doing but I'm enjoying it!  The manual sucks.  It's relatively thick for a modern manual but it's mostly about how to use the interfaces, which is entirely redundant because the tooltips show you all that.  It contains precisely sod all about the actual concepts and mechanics.

ill bet my ass youre a Welsh Duke/Count somewhere - i would say youre short term goal is to unify Wales, your mid term goal is to bring in Ireland or Scotland, and the big goal is to take england - how you get there is either conquest or marriage - thats whats so awesome about the game!

Ill be playing some CKII Parma, and building a Roman Empire in Civ IV BTS

PanzersEast

Feel free to ask questions.... there are a lot of us who play regularly.

On my shortlist to process some turns/time.....

Blood Bowl -  My team - Legion of Chaos just won the Clean Cup, on to a new tournament!
Alea Jacta Est
Crusader Kings II
X-Com
Fallen Enchantress or Warlock

Maybe try to play some newly acquired Silent Storm... I'm in a community play so my time will be limited.....

PE

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 16, 2012, 12:19:02 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 16, 2012, 08:11:42 AM
Definitely some Skyrim, definitely some L4D2 (I ate all the maple bars already), perhaps some Warlock and of course...Commander: The Great War. All I need now is a steampunk  dose and my life will be complete.

just finished a job and the gala dinner had a steam punk circus for the entertainment - i tried to get photos for you but they didnt come out well

Doh, and I luv steam punk stuff as well, geek, I really do :-{
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

girls on stilts in the full suspenders and steam punk gear Bob - lost for words

Nefaro

Quote from: Rekim on November 16, 2012, 10:54:44 AM
I'm setting up the Warthog for some sorties of War Thunder and Blackshark. I'm finding that WT is causing some odd simming habits. In WT Planes are repaired for free by waiting 1-2 hrs, so tend I to play a round, switch to BS for a mission, and then go back to WT. This helps to maximize the experience gain in WT.

I tend to hop nationalities a bit, in between, and come back to fix whatever needs fixing after a match or two in the others.  At the least, the cheaper ones regularly get repaired for free and I just do the others manually.  I don't think the repair costs are bad until you get into upper tiers, anyway, amiright?  I still haven't even reached Tier 7 in anything but damn is it fun!

I especially like how it's so easy to "get out of the cockpit" and concentrate on the tactical side of dogfighting (using mouse controls and external view) rather than brawling with cockpit visibility and joystick jackin'.  It just seems to emphasize the tactical thinking more than flight sims, when done this way, yet you can still be sneak attacked if your not staying aware.  WT isn't even finished and I'm gushing about it.  ;D

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

I can't even look at you, Geek.

I forgot to mention I may fire up Over Flanders Fields too...getting that itch.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

Going to start a game as the Central Powers in Ageod's World War One Gold.
World of Tanks.
Flying in FSX and FS2004 for the virtual airline I belong to.

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Onion

Quote from: Greybriar on November 16, 2012, 11:06:15 AM
I just bought Silent Storm and the two Blitzkrieg anthologies from GOG.com, so I will probably be playing them for at least part of the weekend.

2/3's of Silent storm is a great game. Me This weekend I'll still be playing FTL although my addiction seems to finally be wearing off.

Kushan

Want I plan to play:

Crusader Kings 2: My plan to turn the HRE (which is neither holy nor roman) into a new "Roman" empire has been temporarily thwarted. I have to Deal with the mother of all succession crisis. My next two heirs both have 0 diplomacy and a really low stewardship skill. From what I played with my heir before I had to go back to a previous save, everyone has a -100 opinion of him, and half of them were on the verge of rebellion. Since I had to go back. I'm tempted to have him and his eldest son imprisoned and executed. My intrigue isn't high enough to have the assassinated outright.

Sword of the Stars 2: After hearing some opinions of the latest patch, I bought the boxed version on sale. Was looking for something to tie me over until Distant Worlds: Privateer Shadows comes out.

Skyrim: Started a Nord female ranger/assassin last week. Hoping this character doesn't get a game breaking bug like my last two characters.

Diablo 3: Inferno mode with monster power set to 2-4.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Huw the Poo

Wolfe, thanks for that mate, I'll have a look.

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 16, 2012, 02:07:38 PM
ill bet my ass youre a Welsh Duke/Count somewhere - i would say youre short term goal is to unify Wales, your mid term goal is to bring in Ireland or Scotland, and the big goal is to take england - how you get there is either conquest or marriage - thats whats so awesome about the game!

Haha, you're half right!  I'm Duke Bleddyn I of Gwynedd and my immediate goal is to unify Wales and become king.  But then I was planning to march straight into England (which has just become Norway, haha).  Don't care about Ireland and the Scots are all transvestites. ;)

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Arctic Blast

Been pushing through Torchlight II lately, so I'll probably keep going with that. Steam has a free to play weekend for Awesomenauts, which looks like it might be fun. And...not sure what else. I DID just pick up almost all the DLC for Crusader Kings II...

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 16, 2012, 04:09:16 PM
Wolfe, thanks for that mate, I'll have a look.

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 16, 2012, 02:07:38 PM

Haha, you're half right!  I'm Duke Bleddyn I of Gwynedd and my immediate goal is to unify Wales and become king.  But then I was planning to march straight into England (which has just become Norway, haha).  Don't care about Ireland and the Scots are all transvestites. ;)

awesome Huw, let us know how it pans out