Grogheads Friday Night Rumble Poll

Started by Bison, November 18, 2012, 10:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

OK.  The options that seem to have the most possibility for the next Friday Night Rumble are up for a community vote.

Please only vote if you intend or have a desire to play.  We can look at extending the hours or creating 2 seperate blocks for Friday Night Rumble to include our Euro brothers in arms.  Also please post your choice and estimated level of commitment.  We all understand real life takes priority at all times so there will be no hard feelings if you cannot make it.

Poll will run for 4 days and you can change your vote if you want.  The poll will be non-binding right now.  I don't want to put a game in the slot if 50 people vote for it but only 4 people sign up.

My take on the games.
1. L4D2 -  We done it already but it works well for smaller groups.  If we get more than 4 player, we can do a versus mode game. 
2. TF2 - It's free so everyone can download to play.  Draw back is we'll have to join an empty public server and use the map that is running on that server.  Not a huge issue but it's there.
3. WH 40K Space Marine.  I just bought it because it was dirt cheap with a few other games at Amazon.  I seems to have a 4 player co-op or a 4 versus 4 multiplay game mode.
4. RO - We'd either need to join a public game and form a squad or take over an empty public server to play against each other.
5. Warlock -  It would require a much longer commitment than just one evening.  I'm willing to play but it might be something better played on a seperate dedicated night.  Actually I'm inclinded not to include it in the Rumble Night events because of the commitment.
6. Other - Well what you got to recomment?

MetalDog

My vote was Warlock.  As I have commented in the Friday Night thread, my time is basically my own on the weekends, so I can dedicate some time then.  I also noted, for our European brothers, I am available in the morning Stateside, which translates to afternoon and early evening for them.  As for level of dedication, unless it's something I can't talk my way around with my girlfriend, I should be able to make a weekly appearance for what game I dedicate myself to.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Tuna

TheCommandTent

I voted for Warlock but I understand there is a commitment so it won't work for everyone.

I would also like to add another voice to the growing ARMA II choir.   ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

I think you should allow 2 votes each so we can each choose a fallback. Also, it sounds like you may want to add ARMA2...  :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 18, 2012, 07:30:17 PM
I think you should allow 2 votes each so we can each choose a fallback. Also, it sounds like you may want to add ARMA2...  :D

Unfortunately I cannot change the number of votes but I'll add in an Arma 2 option.  And you should be able to change your vote each day for the undecided.

Nefaro

FYI:

Gamersgate has WH40K:Space Marine on sale for $7.49 today.  Looks like GetGamesGo also has it on sale for the same price.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-W40KSM/warhammer-40000-space-marine

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/warhammer-40k-space-marine

PanzersEast

May want to look at Payday the Heist... it is $4.99 @ Amazon.  Just a thought for Co-Op action...

PE

Bison

OK the polls closed early based on plans made down in the opponent finder section.

The Friday Night Rumble game will be Warlock

Sign up for the event on the Steam group event tab.  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/grogheads#events/1731894586270212079

The group will need some one to take the lead and manage setting up the game and inviting everyone into it.  I suspect that this game will spawn into a longer term battle to determine who is the greatest Groghead Warlock of all time.

Good luck to all who sign up.

Gusington

Cool. Once again thanks for putting this together.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison